An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wannabe Warlock Priest In Michigan

Budge

well one is to stand up against evil.

You these cases arent so isolated.

Here is a bishop out and out participating in pagan worship.

[img]http://xs410.xs.to/xs410/06503/solstice06.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Budge' post='1209059' date='Mar 6 2007, 10:03 AM']well one is to stand up against evil.

You these cases arent so isolated.

Here is a bishop out and out participating in pagan worship.

[img]http://xs410.xs.to/xs410/06503/solstice06.jpg[/img][/quote]

LOL

You don't have shorter days Budgie? Summer and winter solstice happen. It has nothing to do with paganism. We also have a fall festival and turkey bingo. In none of these events do we celebrate anything besides Christ.

When you live in the Midwest, you can bet we'll celebrate a light at the end of the winter tunnel. And we thank God for it

cmotherofpirl

How do you know its pagan Budge, were you there?
The winter solstice marks a return of the sun, and Christmas the following week marks a celebration of the Son.
What a wonderful opportunity to preach about God coming to the world.!!!!

I find it a little creepy that "The Congregation of The Great Spirit" is the name of the Catholic Parish. Combine that with a Mass to celebrate the Winter Solstice, the creepiness factor rises. Sorta makes a Clown Mass more desireable.

But how does a Catholic Parish get a name like this? If they wanted to be Politically Correct and celebrate native Americans, couldn't they use a native American saint?

But here we have the RC Church perfectly okay with The Great Spirit name, and the Bishop celebrating the Winter Solstice and you guys are okay with that, but having guitars or holding hands during the Our Father are serious affronts.

Anamoly, I have noticed more and more acceptance of pagan things in a very short period of time. And on this board Ive seen a change within ONE YEAR.

These posters somehow have been so indoctrinated they think[u] celebrating the solistice is CHRISTIAN?[/u]

I am glad you see what is wrong with this.

[quote name='Budge' post='1209082' date='Mar 6 2007, 12:55 PM']Anamoly, I have noticed more and more acceptance of pagan things in a very short period of time. And on this board Ive seen a change within ONE YEAR.

These posters somehow have been so indoctrinated they think[u] celebrating the solistice is CHRISTIAN?[/u]

I am glad you see what is wrong with this.[/quote]
I see no problem with Christian celebration of the Solstice. Pagans are bright enough to recognize God's Glory manifested in His Creation, they're just mistaken about Who is the Creator and Who's Glory they see. Christians should have no problem celebrating The Solstice because they know that's how God caused the solar system to operate. Now celebrating the Soltistice at The Great Spirit Congregation confuses who's Glory and Creation is manifested in Solstice.

[quote]I see no problem with Christian celebration of the Solstice. Pagans are bright enough to recognize God's Glory manifested in His Creation, they're just mistaken about Who is the Creator and Who's Glory they see. Christians should have no problem celebrating The Solstice because they know that's how God caused the solar system to operate. Now celebrating the Soltistice at The Great Spirit Congregation confuses who's Glory and Creation is manifested in Solstice.[/quote]

Actually this is TAUGHT DIRECTLY against in the BIble.

did you know that?

Gal 4:10 [b]Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.[/b]

Gal 4:11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

{we are also not supposed to worship the creation, solstice celebrations focus on the SUN instead of God}

1Th 5:1 ¶ But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

How come every time I agree with you Anomaly, you seem to backtrack?

You seemed upset two posts ago over the celebration of the winter solstice and then took it all back....

:idontknow:

[quote name='Budge' post='1209126' date='Mar 6 2007, 02:28 PM']Actually this is TAUGHT DIRECTLY against in the BIble.

did you know that?

Gal 4:10 [b]Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.[/b]

Gal 4:11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

{we are also not supposed to worship the creation, solstice celebrations focus on the SUN instead of God}

1Th 5:1 ¶ But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

How come every time I agree with you Anomaly, you seem to backtrack?

You seemed upset two posts ago over the celebration of the winter solstice and then took it all back....

:idontknow:[/quote]You're getting your feelings hurt because I reject your simpleminded biases. I have no problem with Christian Celebration of the Soltice, because God caused the days and nights and moon to travel in that pattern. It's observing fact. The difference between Christian celebration of God's nature and Pagan celebration of nature is giving credit where credit is due. Pagans think Nature is a God unto itself. Christrians recognize Nature as a creation of God's. The Sun is a Great Blessing from God, and should be recognized as such by Christians. The Sun is [b]not[/b] THE GREAT BLESSING OF THE GREAT SPIRIT as understood by non-Christian native Americans. To hide oneself from the Sun to avoid 'pagan' worship is sophmoric and stupid because it is effectively rejecting God's own creation.

You have taken Gallations out of context. If we are to reject paying attention to days and weeks, I guess all the Christians that worry about Creation happening in 6 days are sinning and are going to hell.

Edited by Anomaly

I waited too long to edit and add this to my post above.

According to Budge, Solomon must have been a Pagan Wiccan.

[quote][u]Psalm 19 (KJV)[/u]

1 [b]The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handiwork.[/b]
2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night showeth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language,where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. [b]In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race. [/b]
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it:
and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.[/quote]

Give God His due credit.
[quote][u]Psalm 74 (KJV)[/u]16 The day is thine, the night also is thine:
thou hast prepared the light and the sun.
17 Thou hast set all the borders of the earth:
thou hast made summer and winter.[/quote]

Edited by Anomaly

You know when Im on this board, it is EXACTLY like talking to a bunch of Wiccans, except this time they think they are Christians.

Are you going to set up a "Christian" celebration of the solstice at your neighborhood church?

What will you be celebrating, that sun moved? So what? Go worship some trees too while youre at it.

Sheesh!
[quote]
I have no problem with Christian Celebration of the Soltice, because God caused the days and nights and moon to travel in that pattern. It's observing fact. [/quote]It is AGAINST GODS COMMANDMENTS>

Heres a even more direct one for you.

[quote]
Deu 4:19 [u]And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon[/u], and the stars, [even] all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.[/quote]
[quote]
The difference between Christian celebration of God's nature and Pagan celebration of nature is giving credit where credit is due. [/quote]So tell me exactly how is that DONE at a "CHRISTIAN" solstice fest, compared to a Pagan one. BTW they did solstice celebrations in the UU, I've been to them, so Im waiting to hear this one...

[quote]To hide oneself from the Sun to avoid 'pagan' worship is sophmoric and stupid because it is effectively rejecting God's own creation.[/quote]

So if I dont attend a solistice ceremony Im dissing the sun? Honestly who cares, its a giant hot ball of fire, it has no mind...and doesnt care if I do or not.; I didnt say one could go out and get some sun did I?

[quote]You have taken Gallations out of context. If we are to reject paying attention to days and weeks, I guess all the Christians that worry about Creation happening in 6 days are sinning and are going to hell.[/quote]

Wow what a way to twist things, you do have a special way with the double-talk.

Here's a new user name you can give yourself rather then Anomaly--confusion...

Casuistry

Edited by Budge

[quote]1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament showeth his handiwork.
2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night showeth knowledge.
3 There is no speech nor language,where their voice is not heard.
4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
5 which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.
6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it:
and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.[/quote]

You obviously do not understand this distinction...

by the way no solstice ceremony Ive ever heard of declares the GLORY OF GOD.
[b]Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature {CREATION} more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.[/b]

I still want you to tell me the difference between a "CHRISTIAN" SOLSTICE FEST, as opposed to a pagan one.

Im waiting with baited breathe for that one..

[img]http://www.traditioninaction.org/religious/religiousimages/E008_DruidCeremony.jpg[/img]

Edited by Budge

Thanks for clarifying things, Budge.

To be a Budge Christian, one cannot fall into the trap that the Psalms provide us.

A Pagan Christian can acknowledge God's glory declared in the heavens.

But the Budge Christian must simply consider the sun as a mindless hot ball of fire.

Psalm 84 must reall knot your knickers:

9 Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.

10 For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand.
I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.

11 [b]For the LORD God is a sun and shield[/b]:
the LORD will give grace and glory:
no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

OMG! That must be Blasphemy calling God a sun! (and in small letters too!)

Wow you are all over the map.

How absurd can a person's posts get?

Where did I say that psalm was wrong?

nature is nice, and beautiful and is a sign of God's handiwork but that doesnt mean you go have special ceremonies like solstice ones to go celebrate and worship it.

You still havent answered my question what is the difference between a PAGAN SOLSTICE CEREMONY and a supposed "Christian" one?
[quote]

A Pagan Christian can acknowledge God's glory declared in the heavens.[/quote]Ok let me guess, youre one of those PAGAN CHRISTIAN hybrids? Wiccan-Catholic? Ive met a few. So wonder your posts are all over the map and impossible to "get".
[quote]
But the Budge Christian must simply consider the sun as a mindless hot ball of fire.[/quote]

Oh Im so horrible, I dissed the sun! ;) sheesh, come on.....you cant be serious.

Ever heard of figurative language?

That is what Psalm 84 contains, that doesnt mean that God is literally the sun or that God lives in that hot hunk of rock. [which there are millions of in the universe]

Wow you are confused.

So how many "Christian" solstice ceremonies have you gone to?

I still want to hear about them.

[quote name='Budge' post='1209236' date='Mar 6 2007, 05:29 PM']nature is nice, and beautiful and is a sign of God's handiwork but that doesnt mean you go have special ceremonies like solstice ones to go celebrate and worship it.[/quote]But can a Budge-Christian acknowledge God's handiwork without Judge-Budge condemning acknowledgement as worship? Please tell us Religion Lawyer Budge, what can Budge-Christians do that isn't 'worship'.
[quote]You still havent answered my question what is the difference between a PAGAN SOLSTICE CEREMONY and a supposed "Christian" one?[/quote]I answered you clearly. Please read my reply again.[quote]Ok let me guess, youre one of those PAGAN CHRISTIAN hybrids? Wiccan-Catholic? Ive met a few. So wonder your posts are all over the map and impossible to "get".[/quote][i]BUZZZZZ![/i] Nope. (And a poor guess at that. C'mon, try harder!)[quote]Oh Im so horrible, I dissed the sun! ;) sheesh, come on.....you cant be serious.[/quote]Not too serious.[quote]Ever heard of figurative language?[/quote]Maybe. Have you?

[quote]That is what Psalm 84 contains, that doesnt mean that God is literally the sun or that God lives in that hot hunk of rock. [which there are millions of in the universe]Wow you are confused.[/quote](Please review the earlier chapter regarding figurative language.)

[quote]So how many "Christian" solstice ceremonies have you gone to?[/quote]I'm not sure. How would I know?

[quote]I still want to hear about them.[/quote]Me too!