An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wannabe Warlock Priest In Michigan

Budge

[quote]Okay Budge has a point. What was said about the Holy Spirit is a broad statement. It is true that the lame tainted priest is where he is because of the grip of the evil one.[/quote]Thanks.

As for the other points, didnt Jesus say to examine the fruits?

To be honest with you I find it scary that ANY church would tolerate a guy like this in one of its pulpits.
And I do apply my standards across the board, I will not be in ANY church where a pastor preaches against the Word.
[quote]
. Budge is trying to make the point that the Church is ALLOWING him to be a heretic. And in that Budge is wrong[/quote]

Sure looks that way to me. High positions in state organizations...no problems, no confrontations, priests who complained brushed off....

[quote]The RC Church has it's good points, and bad points. Continued reactionary defense of EVERYTHING Roman Catholic is as egarious an error as reactionary rejection of EVERYTHING Rom[/quote]

Theres a point where the bad fruits outweight the good. This is true of other churches that have gone into apostasty. I would say the same is true of United Methodist for instance.

[quote]Theres a point where the bad fruits outweight the good.[/quote]

Interesting. That's the first time I've seen you infer that there is good in the Catholic Church. What are the good fruits Budge?

[quote]Interesting. That's the first time I've seen you infer that there is good in the Catholic Church. What are the good fruits Budge?[/quote]

There's a few poor people who are helped.

{but then Mormons and JWs do that too}

:rolleyes:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1207334' date='Mar 3 2007, 05:11 PM']Supposely Catholicism is supposed to "work" becuase it has all this authority.[/quote]

Well, Budge, since you claim to have the full Scriptures, and since the Scriptures, to you, are the supreme authority, I suppose we can blame you equally for not using your authority to fix the situation. So, have you contacted the people involved and punished them?

[quote]Well, Budge, since you claim to have the full Scriptures, and since the Scriptures, to you, are the supreme authority, I suppose we can blame you equally for not using your authority to fix the situation. So, have you contacted the people involved and punished them?[/quote]

Ok lets put [u]me[/u] in this position.

If I was a member of a church and a pastor started to teach occultic nonsense from the pulpit, I would hope I had the courage to get up, and DIRECTLY confront him.

I would tell the entire church, and Im serious.

I would not put up with it.

I would seek to fix the situation if I had a wannabe warlock Baptist or other preacher...ie lets say I found out my Baptist preacher was a Mason. I WOULD get two deacons, two witnesses and according to the BIble go and deal with it. I wouldnt LET it go. If the minister refused to repent at that point, I would inform the rest of the church and if they did not remove him from ministry, then it would time to part ways.

I would not stay under the tutelage of a Mason or occultists.

See how that works?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1208527' date='Mar 5 2007, 11:31 AM']Ok lets put [u]me[/u] in this position.

If I was a member of a church and a pastor started to teach occultic nonsense from the pulpit, I would hope I had the courage to get up, and DIRECTLY confront him.

I would tell the entire church, and Im serious.

I would not put up with it.

I would seek to fix the situation if I had a wannabe warlock Baptist or other preacher...ie lets say I found out my Baptist preacher was a Mason. I WOULD get two deacons, two witnesses and according to the BIble go and deal with it. I wouldnt LET it go. If the minister refused to repent at that point, I would inform the rest of the church and if they did not remove him from ministry, then it would time to part ways.

I would not stay under the tutelage of a Mason or occultists.

See how that works?[/quote]
I wasn't asking what you would do, I was asking if you'd done it. You claim to have all this authority because you have the Scriptures, but you do nothing but rant about the evils of the world and blame others for doing nothing about it. Do you believe that, claiming to have the authority to stop evil, you will be found innocent of the evil you do not try to stop?

God bless,

Micah

[quote]I wasn't asking what you would do, I was asking if you'd done it. You claim to have all this authority because you have the Scriptures, but you do nothing but rant about the evils of the world and blame others for doing nothing about it. Do you believe that, claiming to have the authority to stop evil, you will be found innocent of the evil you do not try to stop?[/quote]

Yes I have done it.

I was worried my old loved church was sliding into Dominionism, and made a public stand against it. My pastor, deacons and others were humble, I prayed and they listened to my concerns and I believe I influenced the church to avoid error.

I have stood up against witches I knew doing a spell in a public place, and told them to stop and told them the energies were coming from Satan. The Holy Spirit gave me the words to use, I did not offend them and they listened, and I know I got acouple to think.

I have stood up and defended the Christian gospel in a group meeting of 30 people in my old town.

I believe people are to stand up against evil.

I hold MYSELF to the same standards I expect of others. Gods Standards!

I pray I never fail to speak up in the face of evil.

YOu think warning people about the interfaith movement and trying to expose evils, wins ones popularity?

I do it because I must.

[b]Do you not believe that you are supposed to STOP EVIL or MAKE A STAND AGAINST IT?[/b]

Edited by Budge

NewReformation

Just to point something out to you Budge, and take it for what it's worth.

A "Warlock" is a traitor. Not a male witch. A male witch is called...a witch.

[quote]A "Warlock" is a traitor. Not a male witch. A male witch is called...a witch.[/quote]

When I was in the UU and in Wicca, some did refer to themselves as warlocks.

Maybe things have changed in the pagan world.

Anyhow...what is your answer to the post above about standing against evil.

[quote]A "Warlock" is a traitor. Not a male witch. A male witch is called...a witch.[/quote]

When I was in the UU and in Wicca, some did refer to themselves as warlocks.

Anyhow...what is your answer to the post above about standing against evil.

NewReformation

[quote name='Budge' post='1208548' date='Mar 5 2007, 10:59 AM']When I was in the UU and in Wicca, some did refer to themselves as warlocks.

Anyhow...what is your answer to the post above about standing against evil.[/quote]

*sigh*
Go look up the etymology of the word warlock. It means traitor.

And I'm against evil.

oK ok, Ill look it up...

lets not change the subject..

if you are against evil, do you believe in making a stand against it?

if you had an occultist minister would you do something about it?

NewReformation

[quote name='Budge' post='1208556' date='Mar 5 2007, 11:14 AM']oK ok, Ill look it up...

lets not change the subject..

if you are against evil, do you believe in making a stand against it?

if you had an occultist minister would you do something about it?[/quote]

Yes.

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1208362' date='Mar 5 2007, 12:56 AM']I think you're missing Budge's point. Budge's point is that this one priest is enough reason for folks to leave Holy Mother Church. And in that Budge is wrong.

Due to my apparent lack of understanding, I retract my statement. Thanks for the heads up hot stuff.

Is the priest off his nut? To be sure. Others have reported him as a heretic and the Church will resolve it. Budge is trying to make the point that the Church is ALLOWING him to be a heretic. And in that Budge is wrong[/quote]

The Church does not allow heresies, but sometimes there are cases were not enough people stand up. Its unfortunate. Just pray for Christian souls to have strength to battle against the blight that is found amongst God's faithful

[quote name='Budge' post='1208534' date='Mar 5 2007, 11:42 AM']Yes I have done it.

I was worried my old loved church was sliding into Dominionism, and made a public stand against it. My pastor, deacons and others were humble, I prayed and they listened to my concerns and I believe I influenced the church to avoid error.

I have stood up against witches I knew doing a spell in a public place, and told them to stop and told them the energies were coming from Satan. The Holy Spirit gave me the words to use, I did not offend them and they listened, and I know I got acouple to think.

I have stood up and defended the Christian gospel in a group meeting of 30 people in my old town.

I believe people are to stand up against evil.

I hold MYSELF to the same standards I expect of others. Gods Standards!

I pray I never fail to speak up in the face of evil.

YOu think warning people about the interfaith movement and trying to expose evils, wins ones popularity?

I do it because I must.

[b]Do you not believe that you are supposed to STOP EVIL or MAKE A STAND AGAINST IT?[/b][/quote]

Aye. I stand and fight evil when it comes, but I still have much to learn. Primarily, I need to learn to be sensitive to the workings of the Spirit. Pray for me.