An Old School Catholic Message Board

To Cmotherofpirl: Your Avatar

Budge

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1208494' date='Mar 5 2007, 10:05 AM']Evil is out there, but it is found on human hearts, not in drawings on a page.[/quote]

Absolutely. Cmom, can I use your quote? That's the super cool.

You know, one thing that really stands out here to me is how the Catholic view of the world is 180 degrees from that of the Christian's view of the world [yes I know you believe you are Christian].

The confusion is rife within Catholicism because of Catholicism's practice of adapting that which is pagan and saying it is "Christian" when it is anything but.

The Pentagram was first used in Chaldea in UR [read BABYLON] and yes it is used among many different philsophies and religions, but it is anything but "Christian". It in essence is another marker of MYSTERY BABYLON.

The Star of David btw is no good either, but a marker for false Judaism that has denied Jesus Christ...[the Talmud like the Koran denies Jesus as God come in the flesh]

From Messianic Jewish site, Jews that accept Jesus...

[quote]
balist have associated the Hex with Druid temple of the sun in Stonehenge as pictured to the left by Kabbalist Charles Ponce. This is a satanic union that should not be ignored. It is a confession in symbolism that they are both of the same religious antiquity. The first use of the Hex in Babylon is found within the winged sun-disc. The Hex then is an ancient pagan symbol having nothing to do with God. By the Kabbalist superimposing the hex upon Stonehenge, they are confirming through symbolism that the six-pointed star is the *mark, seal, or symbol* of the sun god. If this sun god *Shemesh* is found to be worshiped in the person of Baal or lucifer, the light bearer, and the one to enlighten mankind in the mystery of iniquity, then the hex becomes a symbol of the highest satanic religion upon the earth. It is symbolic of the snake throne. How then can Christians use it, and how can Jews adopt it for their national or messianic symbol and representative of their God?
[b]If Jesus and the Apostles had put any faith or confidence in a mark or symbol of the Messianic Kingdom being the Hex, the Pentagram, the Swastika, or the Maltese Cross, this would be found in the New Testament. They are not found there or hinted at all. They are not found associated at all with primitive Christianity. We must conclude then, that these are apostate symbols belonging to the occult and and snake throne kingdom and totally foreign to Christianity. No true Christian will use them in any manner or fashion as they are tied to apostasy, the snake throne, and to the antichrist. [/b][/quote]

[url="http://jesus-messiah.com/gifs/star.gif"]LINK[/url]

To be honest it is frightening for me to watch people who are so deceived by a church that has taught them to accept everything pagan.

[quote]It has been widely used by past Christians as a protective amulet.[/quote]

Cmother do you believe Christians should use protective amulets?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1208515' date='Mar 5 2007, 11:10 AM']You know, one thing that really stands out here to me is how the Catholic view of the world is 180 degrees from that of the Christian's view of the world [yes I know you believe you are Christian].

The confusion is rife within Catholicism because of Catholicism's practice of adapting that which is pagan and saying it is "Christian" when it is anything but.

The Pentagram was first used in Chaldea in UR [read BABYLON] and yes it is used among many different philsophies and religions, but it is anything but "Christian". It in essence is another marker of MYSTERY BABYLON.

The Star of David btw is no good either, but a marker for false Judaism that has denied Jesus Christ...[the Talmud like the Koran denies Jesus as God come in the flesh]

From Messianic Jewish site, Jews that accept Jesus...
[url="http://jesus-messiah.com/gifs/star.gif"]LINK[/url]

To be honest it is frightening for me to watch people who are so deceived by a church that has taught them to accept everything pagan.[/quote]
Various people have given the same general symbol different meanings over thousands of years. As usual you miss point. A symbol is a drawing with no inherent meaning until you give it one.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1208517' date='Mar 5 2007, 11:11 AM']Cmother do you believe Christians should use protective amulets?[/quote]

Depends on what you define as protective and amulet.

[quote]A symbol is a drawing with no inherent meaning until you give it one.[/quote]

So everyone gives their own meaning to every symbol?

That sounds like the moral relativistic, whatever is true for me, may not be true for you worldview.

[quote]Depends on what you define as protective and amulet.[/quote]

Why would a Christian need any protection except from God?

Bags of herbs, sticks, and medals, are useless compared to God who made the universe.

Depend on HIM!

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1208528' date='Mar 5 2007, 11:33 AM']So everyone gives their own meaning to every symbol?

That sounds like the moral relativistic, whatever is true for me, may not be true for you worldview.[/quote]

My engagement ring was a rose ring, it was a symbol to me and its meaning was defined by the giver and myself.
The nazis co-opted the swastica, which was an ancient christian symbol. long before they used it.
Symbols have the meaning we assign to them.
Crucifixes are powerful christian symbols.

[quote name='Budge' post='1208529' date='Mar 5 2007, 10:34 AM']Why would a Christian need any protection except from God?

Bags of herbs, sticks, and medals, are useless compared to God who made the universe.[/quote]

Do you seriously think that we think the device/article itself is what has the power? It is simply a vehicle or channel of God's grace. Well, I know that I'm both body and spirit, and I like things I can see or hear or feel. If I can see something that brings me grace, I'm all for it. I'd rather be last place in heaven with the helps of seeing and feeling than anywhere in hell without seeing and feeling... "Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe" - True, but believing is way more important than not seeing. St. Thomas may be weak, but at least he's in heaven!

Edited by scardella

Humans co-op with symbols in their life and worship. But, they do not render worship to them, hence the 2nd commandment. If we rendered glory to medals, because we think the medal gave grace or protected us from darkness we would be guilty of worshiping an idol or another god. But, we as humans recgnize that we were made in the Image of God (Genisis 1) and we also recognize that our saviour, Jesus was the image (greek Ikon) of the invisble God. (I Cor 1:13) We are images, symbols of the power of God. Metals, Statues, and the Liturgy, which is heavily symbolic, are made to cooperate with us in the service of the LORD.

Eccumenicall history has also noted metals that have been hallowed by God and Mary. Such as the St. Benedict medal or the Miraculous Medal. It is not the mere metal but, God whom imbues the grace and protection on us...Just like what scardella wrote.

[quote]If we rendered glory to medals, because[b]we think the medal gave grace or protected us from darkness [/b]we would be guilty of worshiping an idol or another god.[/quote]

Looks to me like this has already happened...

[img]http://www.sacramentals.com/Images/Scapular.DelulxeBrown.gif[/img]

[quote name='Budge' post='1208529' date='Mar 5 2007, 11:34 AM']Why would a Christian need any protection except from God?

Bags of herbs, sticks, and medals, are useless compared to God who made the universe.

Depend on HIM![/quote]

Budge my friend, I think you just shot yourself in the foot with this argument. You are also vetoing your hatred for so-called satanic symbols. Do you really think that particles arranged in dirt or on card or paper have any power to ruin us? Depend on HIM! and Stop fighting your brethren over this. See my last post you completely ignored. Stop globalizing by saying things such as we accept EVERYTHING. If you wish to 'cure us' listen to our symptoms so you can 'treat' the wounds.

[quote]You are also vetoing your hatred for so-called satanic symbols. Do you really think that particles arranged in dirt or on card or paper have any power to ruin us?[/quote]

Where did I say they had power to ruin Christians?

They dont, Christians have all power over demons via Jesus Christ.

But why use things that are Satanic? That is what I was talking about....

Anyhow if a person is not born again in Jesus Christ with the Holy Spirit indwelling, a person does NOT have that protection.

catholimaniac

After reviewing all 6 pages of this thread it has become readily apparent that the two persons posting the most satanic images on this website are Budge and Truthseeker777. Whazzup with that? Aren't there more enlightening things you could be spending your time on? If satanic images are so dangerous, why are you plastering phatmass with them? Whose side are you on anyway?

In Christ we are won,

Tad