An Old School Catholic Message Board

To Cmotherofpirl: Your Avatar

Budge

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1208094' date='Mar 4 2007, 06:07 PM']I didn't realize so many people were obsessed with demons and the occult etc [I frankly forgot about the fundies here] and couldn't handle it.[/quote]

We're not obsessed with demons and the occult. We're just exposing satan and his work to others. Too many people are unaware of these issues.

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them."
(Ephesians 5:11)

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1208111' date='Mar 4 2007, 09:18 PM']I know my voice goes unheard a lot, but I'll say it anyways. PLEASE OH PLEASE [spare me. no I'm joking] Read all of the posts before you start spewing words like "where do they get off at accepting symbols?" and "Catholics are moral relativists because they make evil things good as they please". I hope we could all laugh about this argument later over a nice cup of cocoa or something, because it is becoming insane. Because you know budge, you are displaying more satanic symbols than I have ever seen in my life. Are you going to purge your computer monitor and hard drive and ram by fire later? Cause by your standards you have defiled your hardware! :lol_roll: Seriously folks. Catholics are not absorbing pagan symbols because we think they are pretty. We do not hunt down pagan symbols just to relativise and mislead souls. What do you people really plan to get out of this argument in the end? Are you really making yourselves more like Christ by flinging dung left and right? Or is this for a trophy for your church communities so you can say "this is the proverbial head of a Catholic on my pike"? Seriously folks. Let us be merry that our Lord promises protection from all evils and just laugh. Laugh because the Devil hates it, for he desires us to bicker and complain about our differences instead of fighting the powers that he has lurking in a spiritual dimension, and not a picture originally created for hope and goodwill.[/quote]
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

[quote name='Azriel' post='1208144' date='Mar 4 2007, 09:48 PM']:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:[/quote]

Hehehehe... they all clap in sync... wait... did someone just hear my voice??? :D:

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1207378' date='Mar 3 2007, 06:31 PM']That one's worse!
Its swedish[/quote]

and vat is wrong wit dat?

Farsight one

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1208112' date='Mar 4 2007, 08:19 PM'][img]http://www.zonalibre.org/blog/zahir/archives/ying-yang75.jpg[/img]

The yin/yang is often seen at martial arts studios, yet few understand its esoteric meaning.[/quote]Which apparently includes even you. [quote]The symbol represents the combining of male and female, the forces of darkness and light; the integreation of God and the Devil.[/quote] It does not represent the combining of male and female, or combining the "forces" of light and darkness, and it sure as heck doesn't represent the integration of God and the devil. It is not about opposites at all, though some of the things it represents could be considered opposites. It represents finding the balance in things. It is not about opposites, but about complementary things. When in harmony, the male and female complement each other perfectly.

I'll say that you could interpret it the way you did, since no symbol has an inherent meaning. I only clarified for you because you seemed to assume that your concept was the same as the original meaning of the yin yang.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1208088' date='Mar 5 2007, 02:03 AM']We are missing the main point here.

The term "budge" is an automatic link to

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budge"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budge[/url]

and that is just scary.[/quote]

EA Wallis Budge is scary? He was a bit of a black sheep in the history of the British Museum, procuring artefacts in less than kosher ways. And don't pay too much attention to anything he says, as a lot is outdated now (though he does have some good stuff on Osiris). Oh, I see, you're referring to his love of the occult. Well, not everyone who reads the Book of the Dead, his translation or otherwise, loses their faith, I am a witness to that. :)

Okay, end of tangent. :)

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1207428' date='Mar 4 2007, 02:00 AM']every single time :([/quote]

It's the booze bug :cheers: :drunk:

Budge Budge Budge. the pentegram was originally a Christian symbol. Ever heaard of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight? Didn't think so.

[quote]the pentegram was originally a Christian symbol.[/quote]

Where'd you get this from? the Da Vinci Code?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1208116' date='Mar 4 2007, 09:22 PM']We're not obsessed with demons and the occult. We're just exposing satan and his work to others. Too many people are unaware of these issues.

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them."
(Ephesians 5:11)[/quote]
They are not issues for adult christians, they are scare tactics for little children.
It must be comforting to place the blame for things on outside forces, demons, satan etc, "the devil made me do it" instead of taking personal responsibility in life.
Are we ever influenced by evil- sure.
Is it generally lurking behind every symbol and door waiting to pounce in us - nope.

Evil is out there, but it is found on human hearts, not in drawings on a page.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1208481' date='Mar 5 2007, 09:27 AM']Where'd you get this from? the Da Vinci Code?[/quote]
nope, history :)

[url="http://altreligion.about.com/library/weekly/aa100102a.htm"]http://altreligion.about.com/library/weekly/aa100102a.htm[/url]

or

In Christian times:

The five points of the pentagram have been interpreted as representing the five wounds of Christ (2 wrist, 2 ankle and 1 side).
The Roman Emperor Constantine used the pentagram in his seal and amulet. 14
It has been referred to as the Star of Bethlehem
It was used to symbolize the star which allegedly led three Zoroastrian astrologers to the baby Jesus; it was called the Three Kings' star.
The English warrior Sir Gawain, a nephew of King Arthur, adopted the pentagram as his personal symbol and placed it on his shield. 7 It appeared in gold on a red background. The five points symbolized "the five knightly virtues - generosity, courtesy, chastity, chivalry and piety." 14
Tarot cards originally had a suit of coins or discs. These were changed in the 19th century to pentacles when the Tarot became associated with the Kabbalah. They eventually became the suit of diamonds in modern playing cards.
It has been widely used by past Christians as a protective amulet.

It has been used for thousands of years by many different groups, it currently is co-opted by pretend satanists.