An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fma Pictures!

happynun

The Eucharist is the center of our life. We have daily mass and make a daily visit to the Blessed Sacrament in community. We also pray the Liturgy of the Hours in common and have a monthly day of recollection with adoration. :saint:

[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/brittanymarie524/ador.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/brittanymarie524/nun.gif[/img]

Salesians are known for their strong family spirit and wherever the young are, we can be found! :blush:

[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/brittanymarie524/kids.jpg[/img]

We enjoy being with young people of all ages. :topsy:

[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/brittanymarie524/circle.gif[/img]

[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/brittanymarie524/movies.jpg[/img]

Salesians are totally awesome at basketball, much better than the Dominicans. waHAHAHhaha. :whistle: ;)

[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/brittanymarie524/basketball.jpg[/img]

Our patroness and mother is Mary Help of Christians

[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/brittanymarie524/MHC.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/brittanymarie524/loveDB.gif[/img]

If anyone has any Salesian pic feel free to post them! I will dig up more as time goes on.

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1204272' date='Feb 25 2007, 02:34 AM']I do believe I met you this evening Sister :)[/quote]

:whistle:

:juggle:

:bluesbrother:

:lol_roll:

Don't you know that once you take your vows you become omnipresent... yeah, that's it.... ^_^

So, were you sufficiently impressed? :kicking: :saint:

Edited by happynun

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='happynun' post='1204277' date='Feb 24 2007, 11:43 PM']:whistle:

:juggle:

:bluesbrother:

:lol_roll:

Don't you know that once you take your vows you become omnipresent... yeah, that's it.... ^_^

So, were you sufficiently impressed? :kicking: :saint:[/quote]
You most definitely fit the part of the happy nun :thumbsup: Although our meeting was brief, it was awesome (I was also in the group of girls for the Q & A sessions that you were in as well) :D:

AlterDominicus

[quote name='happynun' post='1204175' date='Feb 24 2007, 08:47 PM']Salesians are totally awesome at basketball, much better than the Dominicans. waHAHAHhaha. :whistle: ;)[/quote]

Ooooo :lol_pound: then come to Ann Arbor next year, God willing I will be a Dominican Sister of Mary Mother of the Eucharist in Aug, Dominicans > :starwars: :surrender: < Salesians. Haha. I am HUGE Dominican Freak Sister, haha. I really am.

We're also better drinkers said another someone I know. :lol_pound: Its custom.

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1205889' date='Feb 28 2007, 06:29 PM']Ooooo :lol_pound: then come to Ann Arbor next year, God willing I will be a Dominican Sister of Mary Mother of the Eucharist in Aug, Dominicans > :starwars: :surrender: < Salesians. Haha. I am HUGE Dominican Freak Sister, haha. I really am.

We're also better drinkers said another someone I know. :lol_pound: Its custom.[/quote]

Oh yeah? Is that a challenge? :deal: Some day there is going to be the great Salesian-Dominican basketball show down! :sumo:

:duel:

This will be the Dominicans ----> :stretcher:

This will be the Salesians ----> :banana:

But in the end we will still be like this: :cheers: :grouphug:

(But Ill be thinking ---> :kicking: )

:wedgie:

AlterDominicus

[quote name='happynun' post='1206052' date='Feb 28 2007, 11:29 PM']Oh yeah? Is that a challenge? :deal: Some day there is going to be the great Salesian-Dominican basketball show down! :sumo:

:duel:

This will be the Dominicans ----> :stretcher:

This will be the Salesians ----> :banana:

But in the end we will still be like this: :cheers: :grouphug:

(But Ill be thinking ---> :kicking: )

:wedgie:[/quote]

That [b]is[/b] a challenge!
This will be Salesians ---- :help: :help:

This will be the Dominicans ---- :dancer1: :dancer2: :harhar:

But in the end we will be like this: :) :clap: :blowkiss: :bigclap: :camp: :love: :applause: :grouphug: :beer: :cheers: :photo: :iloveyou:

[And I will be thinking: :hehehe: :sign:]

I look forward to our Dominican-Salesian show down, I wonder what Don and Dom think. :lol:

Edited by AlterDominicus

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1206085' date='Mar 1 2007, 12:43 AM']That [b]is[/b] a challenge!
This will be Salesians ---- :help: :help:

This will be the Dominicans ---- :dancer1: :dancer2: :harhar:

But in the end we will be like this: :) :clap: :blowkiss: :bigclap: :camp: :love: :applause: :grouphug: :beer: :cheers: :photo: :iloveyou:

[And I will be thinking: :hehehe: :sign:]

I look forward to our Dominican-Salesian show down, I wonder what Don and Dom think. :lol:[/quote]

Don and Dom will be attending with :popcorn:

but the Salesians were founded to play games :prop: (haha... actually to be with the young, but it kind of goes hand in hand)... so we've got skills on the court you Dominicans can only dream of! so there! ha. :funeral:

:harhar:

Oh man I think the Dominicans would win! Okay..maybe I'm a little bias ^_^

A friend of mine recently told me this joke :
There's this Eucharistic Congress at a parish, and there are all these religious orders present as well as diocesan priests. While they're praying Vespers together, the lights in the parish go out. The Benedictines continue to pray Vespers from memory. The Franciscans praise God for the darkness. The Dominicans begin to discuss the importance of light in eschatalogical thought. The Jesuits begin to debate whether the darkness dispenses them from their obligation to pray the Divine Office. And, the priest, who's parish it is, goes to the basement and flips the breaker to turn the lights back on.

What do you think the Salesians' response would be??

AlterDominicus

[quote name='happynun' post='1206514' date='Mar 1 2007, 08:38 PM']Don and Dom will be attending with :popcorn:

but the Salesians were founded to play games :prop: (haha... actually to be with the young, but it kind of goes hand in hand)... so we've got skills on the court you Dominicans can only dream of! so there! ha. :funeral:

:harhar:[/quote]

Says who? Honestly, you were founded not long ago! Us Dominicans have been around for 800 years, were the ones that have the "court" :soccer: :banana: :twist:

:lol:

[quote name='Blessed Imelda Pray for Us' post='1206568' date='Mar 1 2007, 09:29 PM']Oh man I think the Dominicans would win! Okay..maybe I'm a little bias ^_^

A friend of mine recently told me this joke :
There's this Eucharistic Congress at a parish, and there are all these religious orders present as well as diocesan priests. While they're praying Vespers together, the lights in the parish go out. The Benedictines continue to pray Vespers from memory. The Franciscans praise God for the darkness. The Dominicans begin to discuss the importance of light in eschatalogical thought. The Jesuits begin to debate whether the darkness dispenses them from their obligation to pray the Divine Office. And, the priest, who's parish it is, goes to the basement and flips the breaker to turn the lights back on.
What do you think the Salesians' response would be??[/quote]

Salesians would use the vigil lights to make shadow puppets to pass the time while the priest is flipping the lights back on.

haha... just kidding, we'd probably take a quick snooze because we are so worn out from work, but the Dominican squabbling would keep us up! ;)

Edited by happynun