An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's In A President?

The Joey-O

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1206053' date='Feb 28 2007, 09:34 PM']fine...I will run

j/k..

imagine that Fluff[/quote]

If you run, I'll write you in. I'll even invent a section and write you in for Supreme Emperor.

woah...

that might be the greatest thing you have said to me..:D

If you run i will still be your red phone

I am actually seriously thinking about entering Politics.

If you don't trust anybody else to do the job right, then the only person you can trust then is God and yourself to make the difference you want to see.

Unfortunately, there is no Libertarian Party in Canada. I would have to be an independant, and they usually don't go very far in Politics. Such a shame. People are so brainwashed by party politics, they won't vote for a good man who would start to put the nation back on the right track again. It would take a lot of work to make it happen here in Canada, and Canadians are usually too timid about extremes in Politics to accept a truly Libertarian party.

Edited by FullTruth

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1206084' date='Feb 28 2007, 11:42 PM']I am actually seriously thinking about entering Politics.

If you don't trust anybody else to do the job right, then the only person you can trust then is God and yourself to make the difference you want to see.

Unfortunately, there is no Libertarian Party in Canada. I would have to be an independant, and they usually don't go very far in Politics. Such a shame. People are so brainwashed by party politics, they won't vote for a good man who would start to put the nation back on the right track again. It would take a lot of work to make it happen here in Canada, and Canadians are usually too timid about extremes in Politics to accept a truly Libertarian party.[/quote]

People are very much stuck in the two-party system in the USA, too. It does help with the whole political stability thing.

You could always pick the mainstream party that fits you best and try to work within its framework. Sen. Joe Lieberman got into high office as a Democrat, for instance. He had enough name recognition and respect to run as an independent last time around.

[quote name='Maggie' post='1206099' date='Mar 1 2007, 12:25 AM']People are very much stuck in the two-party system in the USA, too. It does help with the whole political stability thing.

You could always pick the mainstream party that fits you best and try to work within its framework. Sen. Joe Lieberman got into high office as a Democrat, for instance. He had enough name recognition and respect to run as an independent last time around.[/quote]
Unfortunately, none of the political parties fit well with me right now. I'd be the black sheep if I was in a Political party in Canada. I suppose Conservative would be an interesting fit for me, because I am opposed to Abortion. But the moment I stare Prime Minster Harper in the face and say we don't need the change the judicary to be more hardball, I'd probably get drummed out. That could be to my advantage though. I'd could be like the next Piere Elliot Treudeo, minus the french accent. :lol_roll:
I'm not for Gun Control, so I could get lots of Conservative voters that way.
I'm not much for any control. People have the right to do anything they want, unless it is offensive to God and his laws. People are too afraid of that responsiblity, even if it is true freedom.
We'd rather give up our rights to make us feel all safe and secure. More cameras, more security, more military, more government. Protect us. Honestly, the people screaming for those things don't deserve the protection it would afford. Might as well put us all into jail. I know, that's a little excessive, but I like to use the absurd to prove my points. :lol_roll:
I would probably start a Libertarian movement here in Canada. Not so much as a political party, but something that would push things to the forefront, to make people see things in a much more clearer way, so we can start asking the really godly questions like,

Will you get us out of the UN, WTO, WHO, and all the other world organizations, plus all the 'national', international, and world banks.

That could help us a great deal, because it would defang a lot of the wickedness in the world.

Being a good politician (at the minimum) requires the ability to acquire a loyal following, not just of constituants, but of people who are willing to hit the pavement, make calls, organize rallies, etc. If you don't have the ability to gather that type of following, then it would be a big waste of time to run. That's not to say that you don't have this ability, just throwing out a bit of info. :)

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1206305' date='Mar 1 2007, 01:24 PM']if you dont hit that pavement fluff Im gonna attack you with some vac-packed salmon[/quote]

You leave that kind of talk in the bedroom, where it belongs.

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1206717' date='Mar 1 2007, 11:28 PM']It was in the livingroom last time. 5am will always have a special place in our hearts..

:D[/quote]

Our living room was our bedroom, remember? We had that great Lazy Boy that we shared until it fell apart. Good times, good times...

Anyways, I'd rather not kill the thread.

Anybody have anything else to say about what qualities a president should have?