An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Salesian Sisters

philosophette

How many of you know of the Salesian Sisters?   

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You know, the thing that really makes the Salesian Sisters different from any other teaching Order is that we actually spend most of our time with the young, not just in the classroom, but outside of it. We exist solely for them. :cool:

We do not call ourselves strictly a teaching order simply because we do SO MUCH more than that. Young people are really great... I love being with them. :love:

:clap: Actually, I hope to visit Minnesota some time next year... I hear a lot about vocations from that part of the US. In the meantime, I can tell you we are in NY, NJ, FLA, LA, AZ, TX, CO, CA and all over the world - 89 countries and growing. We hope to move into more states as we have Sisters making profession! :clap:

ThyHolyLove

Hey Sr. Colleen! I was just wondering if the Salesian Sisters do campus ministry at all. I've found that college is a time when a lot of young people lose their faith and it's really sad.