An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is Pot A Drug

dairygirl4u2c

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MissScripture

Even caffeine is a drug...as are any medications...It's not an opinion thing if something is a drug, it's a matter of science...

i would have to agree with cmom on this.

Caffeine is a drug

alcohol

nicotine.

all of em that's got a hold of me.

alcohol not too much but nicotine and caffeine though. i can't even start my day without caffeine. i have this addiction.

may it be the taste of coffee or whatever. orange juice just doesn't do it for me. but coffee that'll start my day. i'd say i have an addiction.

and as far as nicotine goes. i'm a smoker. a pack a day.

it hurts my pocket and i still do it. that's how i would define addiction.

MissScripture

[quote name='T-Bone' post='1200286' date='Feb 19 2007, 05:00 AM']This has Lame Board written all over it...[/quote]
Really? Where? *looks around* :lol:

franciscanheart

Main Entry: 1drug
Pronunciation: 'dr&g
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English drogge
1 a obsolete : a substance used in dyeing or chemical operations b : a substance used as a medication or in the preparation of medication c according to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (1) : a substance recognized in an official pharmacopoeia or formulary (2) : a substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease (3) : a substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body (4) : a substance intended for use as a component of a medicine but not a device or a component, part, or accessory of a device
2 : a commodity that is not salable or for which there is no demand -- used in the phrase drug on the market
3 : something and often an illegal substance that causes addiction, habituation, or a marked change in consciousness
- drug·gy also drug·gie /'dr&-gE/ adjective

dairygirl4u2c

i think some of you are missing the point. i asked whether it should fall into the CC definition, not scientific. there's a differece. if i put should caffiene, you'd say no. you'd look at what i asked instead of knee jerk reaction saying it's a drug according to science.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1201149' date='Feb 19 2007, 09:38 PM']i think some of you are missing the point. i asked whether it should fall into the CC definition, not scientific. there's a difference. if i put should caffeine, you'd say no. you'd look at what i asked instead of knee jerk reaction saying it's a drug according to science.[/quote]

Does the Church have a different definition as the scientific one?

franciscanheart

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1201149' date='Feb 19 2007, 11:38 PM']i think some of you are missing the point. i asked whether it should fall into the CC definition, not scientific. there's a differece. if i put should caffiene, you'd say no. you'd look at what i asked instead of knee jerk reaction saying it's a drug according to science.[/quote]
Seeing as I can't find a single place in the CC where it DEFINES 'drug', I think it's okay to go with our own definition. Caffeine is a drug and it's over-indulgence is sinful, as stated by the CC.

None of the answers quite answer the poll question. I'd say if I was in Amsterdam heck yeah I'd light up. I smoke cigs and drink here, so what's the difference. I wouldn't do smack if I went somewhere it was legal, but we're just talking about some MJ.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='track2004' post='1201443' date='Feb 20 2007, 12:17 PM']but we're just talking about some MJ.[/quote]
It means you are using a chemical that rots your brain and makes you stupid. I have seen the long term effects and it ain't pretty. So if you want to quality for SSI and a personal care home in your future, just keep doing it and thinking its "just MJ"