An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liturgical Lay Ministers and Sacraments/Sacramentals

Aloysius

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1197576' date='Feb 17 2007, 12:51 AM']It would. If they were united with Rome, the SSPX would make great and holy priests. There reverence is beautiful. It is a shame they are not part of the universal Church. They could do wonderful things for the people of God. :D:[/quote]
They can come home anytime they choose obedience over their own opinions.

franciscanheart

[quote name='St. Benedict' post='1197576' date='Feb 16 2007, 11:51 PM']It would. If they were united with Rome, the SSPX would make great and holy priests. There reverence is beautiful. It is a shame they are not part of the universal Church. They could do wonderful things for the people of God. :D:[/quote]
Do you need a rad trad label? I'm starting to think so... :disguise:

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' post='1197577' date='Feb 16 2007, 11:51 PM']So what if it is hurting the changes of reunification? The real problem is that it is blending the roles between laity and priests, even if it is not the intention. I have the same problem with eucharistic ministers. It may be that recieving in the hand and allowing eucharistic ministers, is not evil in and of itself (although it may be), but (in my experience) tends to promote sacrilege and it blurs the line between the ordained and un-ordained.[/quote]
I think what needs to be understood here is the difference between the sacraments and sacramentals. It is not EVIL for a lay person to distribute ashes. Perhaps what would be better is CHATECHESIS... not banning lay people from participation in the Church (especially when She has said they could participate in this).