An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liturgical Lay Ministers and Sacraments/Sacramentals

Aloysius

This topic has been split for the purpose of debating the role of the laity in the liturgy, specifically focusing on Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion and their role in administering Blessed Ashes on ash wednesday.

The Benedictionibus permits the distribution of ashes by laity (p. 1659). The [b]blessing [/b]is the only part reserved for the ordained. Why would you feel compelled to rain on her parade when what she is doing is licit?

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1197136' date='Feb 16 2007, 04:35 PM']And you're proud to be doing what someone in orders should be doing- giving Communion and distributing ashes?[/quote]

haha good one.

franciscanheart

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1197199' date='Feb 16 2007, 07:01 PM']Ya it is. :)[/quote]
You have a horrible approach to things you think are wrong. You're mean and rude and down-right ugly sometimes. Even if you were right (you're not), why would we even want to listen to you?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='brendan1104' post='1197136' date='Feb 16 2007, 06:35 PM']And you're proud to be doing what someone in orders should be doing- giving Communion and distributing ashes?[/quote]

Are you back to trying to be more holy than the Pope?
Rudeness is not a virtue.

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1197204' date='Feb 16 2007, 06:20 PM']You have a horrible approach to things you think are wrong. You're mean and rude and down-right ugly sometimes. Even if you were right (you're not), why would we even want to listen to you?[/quote]

I didn't the comment myself. I merely commented on how awesome it was.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1197208' date='Feb 16 2007, 08:24 PM']I didn't the comment myself. I merely commented on how awesome it was.[/quote]
Rudeness is not a virtue.

[quote]brendan wasnt even trying to be funny[/quote]I know... my haha was "that was a really good comeback" haha not a "wow that is the funniest joke I've ever heard" haha.

[quote]you could comment on how incorrect the comment was. There is nothing that states lay people cannot distribute ashes[/quote]
There is nothing that states they can.

franciscanheart

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1197208' date='Feb 16 2007, 07:24 PM']I didn't the comment myself. I merely commented on how awesome it was.[/quote]
Which, to me, seemed even more inappropriate than the original comment.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1197232' date='Feb 16 2007, 08:38 PM']Rudeness is not a virtue.[/quote]

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1197271' date='Feb 16 2007, 09:23 PM']Which, to me, seemed even more inappropriate than the original comment.[/quote]

Thank you