An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sons Of God-nephilim

TruthSeeker777

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Truthseeker777' post='1200848' date='Feb 20 2007, 12:58 AM']Nice pyramid pic you've got there. Yeah make sure you get out your trusty Hebew dictionary.
Nephilim="to fall",used as giants in English,
Also check out:
Bene Elohim="sons of God" and ONLY used in refering to angels.
Thus prove that Genesis 6 refers to Angelic beings.[/quote]

Why thank you. It's my favorite pyramid, the first one built in Egypt, in fact. Djoser's step pyramid in Saqqara.

Yes, it can mean "to fall", what I'm saying is that there are numerous ways it can be interpreted, not just as giants (and giants isn't the only way it's translated in English, as far as I know). I'll have to talk more later, though, as I really have to get to class now.

Thy Geekdom Come

It seems that this thread is unfairly and prejudiciously labeling all giants as nasty creatures with hot breath and stinking teeth, as well as anti-social behavioral patterns. I don't think your discussion is taking into effect the unusually kind example of the [url="http://www.amazon.com/BFG-Puffin-Fiction-Roald-Dahl/dp/0141311371/sr=8-1/qid=1171977840/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-9792479-9423907?ie=UTF8&s=books"]BFG[/url]. Perhaps you'd care to elaborate on this anomaly.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1201022' date='Feb 20 2007, 03:44 AM']Its a very nice pyramid considering she is an archeologist :)
We think it refers to angelic beings, but its an obscure part of the Bible.[/quote]

Thank you. :)

• 2 weeks later...
TruthSeeker777

[url="http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=8534397625940239162&q=nephilim"]Giant human fossils[/url]

If we evolved from smaller to bigger,why were there so many giants before and after the flood?

Check out this clip again

Gotta love the Jewish Publication Society Bible, when it comes to Genesis 6:4. It clearly spells things out.

[quote name='Genesis 6:4' date=' JPS']The Nephilim were in the earth in those days, and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bore children to them; the same were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.[/quote]

[url="http://www.mystae.com/restricted/streams/scripts/nephilim.html"]"The Hebrew word for giants (nephilum) literally means the fallen-down-ones because these tall celestial beings fell from the sky. Their half-breed progeny and their descendants are often mentioned in the early books of the Old Testament until the last of them were finally killed off. They were known as the Rephaim [Hebrew for 'phantoms'], Emim, Anakim, Horim, Avim, and Zamzummim. Some scholars speculate that this tradition of giants born from the union of gods and humans formed the basis for the demigod of Greek mythology.[/url]

That's right - Hercules, Merlin, and many other myths from the old world were probably Nephilim.

And they weren't all killed off either, unfortunately.

So, who am I going to believe, Jewish People who have no reason to decieve humanity that there is half-human/half-demon freaks in the world, trying to make us a slave race, or the Pope, who is either one of them or works for them.

The Nephilim are the Illuminati, the force behind the NWO, and the leaders of the Free Masons, and many other secret societies in our world.

They own every single religion of men.

Edited by FullTruth

The Catholics here arent going to understand the Nephilim, that is something that definitely takes "eyes' to see.

if Catholics cant even see the Buddha, Vishnu, Allah of Islam, represent demonic spirits...[the catholic view of false religions is even wrong] how will they understand what the Nephilim is about.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1208483' date='Mar 5 2007, 09:37 AM']The Catholics here arent going to understand the Nephilim, that is something that definitely takes "eyes' to see.

if Catholics cant even see the Buddha, Vishnu, Allah of Islam, represent demonic spirits...[the catholic view of false religions is even wrong] how will they understand what the Nephilim is about.[/quote]
So demons exist - yes. But Catholics don't necessarily assume everything is filled with demons, we are not obsessed with the topic as you are.

[quote]But Catholics don't necessarily assume everything is filled with demons, we are not obsessed with the topic as you are.[/quote]

Ok let me make myself more clear.

Do you believe Buddhism, Hinduism, and Islam were founded by God, or led and founded by Satan's and or Satan's demonic workers?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1208506' date='Mar 5 2007, 10:48 AM']Ok let me make myself more clear.

Do you believe Buddhism, Hinduism, and Islam were founded by God, or led and founded by Satan's and or Satan's demonic workers?[/quote]
No, no and yes.

So if you believe these religions were founded by Satan and Satan's demonic workers?

Why do you think their rites and symbols are ok for you to adopt?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1208526' date='Mar 5 2007, 11:26 AM']So if you believe these religions were founded by Satan and Satan's demonic workers?

Why do you think their rites and symbols are ok for you to adopt?[/quote]

I said no, no and yes.
I do not think one should adopt activities of muslims, unless you are doing something that was and still is used by christians.

So if christians havev a symbol used by other people , we each use them with our own particular meanings.
So if muslims decide to adopt christmas trees and shamrocks, I'm not giving them up.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1208530' date='Mar 5 2007, 11:35 AM']I said no, no and yes.
I do not think one should adopt activities of muslims, unless you are doing something that was and still is used by christians.

So if christians havev a symbol used by other people , we each use them with our own particular meanings.
So if muslims decide to adopt christmas trees and shamrocks, I'm not giving them up.[/quote]
Christmas trees, LOL!

[quote name='Jeremiah 10:1-4' date=' JPS - Gotta love that translation']Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel; thus saith the LORD: Learn not the way of the nations, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the nations are dismayed at them. For the customs of the peoples are vanity; for it is but a tree which one cutteth out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold, they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.[/quote]
God considers people who cut trees down to decorate them with silver and gold vanity. Vanity is never a good thing in the bible. And which part of, Learn not the way of the nations, do you not understand?

When I have a family, definitely no christmas or christmas tree for my family.

Edited by FullTruth

I dont celebrate Christmas either, Im glad to hear you have that discernment as well FullTruth.
[b]
Jer 10:3 For the customs of the people [are] vain: for [one] cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

Jer 10:4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.[/b]