An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sons Of God-nephilim

TruthSeeker777

homeschoolmom

Could we please stick to the topic of GIANTS?

If you want to discuss various translations and their merrits, please start a new thread.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1194926' date='Feb 14 2007, 01:52 PM']
I don't agree that the King James Version is flawed. I've actually compared the newer translations with the KJV and have found that many of the verses have been changed. There are over 6,000 changes that have been made from the KJV to the newer versions.

[/quote]
THis is because the KJV where it departed from the Vulgate is flawed.

But that is a different topic.

Sorry HSM :( :notworthy:

If you want to discuss those verses individually start a new thread

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1194803' date='Feb 14 2007, 11:56 AM']
Since Nephilim are half human they can die. They don't have celestial powers. Since they are fallen angels, do you think they're going to abide by God's rules?
The quote you quoted from the Bible speaks of heaven and last time I checked, we're not living in heaven.
[/quote]

In heaven we wont marry---just like the angels don't. Non-fallen angels in heaven don't marry---therefore fallen angels don't either.

This topic has already been discussed over in the Transmundane Lane section.

Link here [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=64053"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=64053[/url]

Raph told us this there...

[quote]The best answer I've heard is that the "sons of heaven" were the righteous sons of Seth. Remember that up until this time, Genesis has only addressed the sons of Cain. Seth, like Abel, was righteous...and his children, as far as we know, were also righteous. At this point, it appears that they fell into great sin with Cain's children.

As for the Nephilim, that's actually plural...it's a race of giants or, according to the text, "heroes of old."
[/quote]

STM posted this from the Douay-Rheims Bible
[quote]1 And after that men began to be multiplied upon the earth, and daughters were born to them, 2 The sons of God seeing the daughters of men, that they were fair, took to themselves wives of all which they chose. 3 And God said: My spirit shall not remain in man for ever, because he is flesh, and his days shall be a hundred and twenty years. 4 Now giants were upon the earth in those days. For after the sons of God went in to the daughters of men, and they brought forth children, these are the mighty men of old, men of renown.

2 "The sons of God"... The descendants of Seth and Enos are here called sons of God from their religion and piety: whereas the ungodly race of Cain, who by their carnal affections lay grovelling upon the earth, are called the children of men. The unhappy consequence of the former marrying with the latter, ought to be a warning to Christians to be very circumspect in their marriages; and not to suffer themselves to be determined in their choice by their carnal passion, to the prejudice of virtue or religion.

3 "His days shall be"... The meaning is, that man's days, which before the flood were usually 900 years, should now be reduced to 120 years. Or rather, that God would allow men this term of 120 years, for their repentance and conversion, before he would send the deluge.

4 "Giants"... It is likely the generality of men before the flood were of a gigantic stature in comparison with what men now are. But these here spoken of are called giants, as being not only tall in stature, but violent and savage in their dispositions, and mere monsters of cruelty and lust.[/quote]

TruthSeeker777

[quote name='rkwright' post='1194946' date='Feb 14 2007, 09:10 PM']
This topic has already been discussed over in the Transmundane Lane section.

Link here [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=64053"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=64053[/url]

Raph told us this there...
STM posted this from the Douay-Rheims Bible
[/quote]

This one HERE [img]http://s8int.com/images/giantmyers.jpg[/img] was found in Antrim Ireland during in a mine. 12ft 2in. People should take the time to look at all the giant humans there was instead of scoffing at it.

The single biggest sin before the flood was?
Anybody?

Archaeology cat

I'm not entirely sure the purpose of this debate anymore. Giants exist, anyone who's watched The Princess Bride knows that, since Andre the Giant is quite famous for that movie. It's caused by a genetic disorder of some kind of the pituitary glands.

As for all the images and claims that have been posted, I've been able to find very little evidence to back them up. The Antrim giant, for example, no longer seems to exist. The picture makes it difficult to examine details, as well. The description says it is fossilized, but it's extremely rare for soft tissue to fossilize. I'd have to ask a colleague on that one, since I usually deal with mummified, not fossilized, remains, but I believe soft tissue fossils are usually impressions of the tissue, not the actual tissue itself. Regardless, it is extremely unlikely for it to be fossilized in this way, preserving the body like this. Actually, it rather reminds me of the plaster casts of the victims of Pompeii. In Ireland, though, it would probably be more likely to find a bog person, which I would love, by the way (archaeologists are weird).

I was also looking at the rather large "femur" from the museum in Texas. The description I found was that this femur is a sculpture based upon descriptions from a dig in Turkey, if I read correctly. The description of the bones in Turkey, though, says "leg bones", not "femur", and so could have referred to the entire leg, not just this section. That still makes the person quite tall, just not as outrageously tall.

Oh, and I think the Antrim giant also made mention of having 6 toes. Polydactyly is not unheard-of. I've owned several cats who were polydactyl, and have known a few people who are. I'm not sure what the point of mentioning that in connection with the giants was, though.

Ever read Madeleine L'Engle's "Many Waters"? It's a fictionalized account of Noah immediately before the flood, and she portrays Nephilim in that story as fallen angels who intermarry with human beings.

Key word in that description: fictionalized.

KnightofChrist

Fee, fi, fo fum
He, hi, ho, hum

I m a most amazing guy
A most amazing guy am I

Fee, fi, fo fum
He, hi, ho, hum

I m the stuff, I m telling you
For here s what I can do
I can change myself into an elf

Fly up high like the birdies
I can disappear into atmosphere
Cause I know the magic wordies

Fi, fo fe, foy
Fe, fe, fe, fe

Talking
Fifi?
I don t know no Fifi
Fee, fi, fo, fum
I smell
Pot roast!
Chocolate pot roast
With stispacio-
With dismashnee--
With dismash--
With green gravy

Now for the magic wordies.
Fe, fi, fo, fum. He, hi, ho, hum.
I'm a most amazing guy. Te, ti, te, ti, te, ti.

TruthSeeker777

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1196776' date='Feb 16 2007, 08:56 AM']Fee, fi, fo fum
He, hi, ho, hum

I m a most amazing guy
A most amazing guy am I

Fee, fi, fo fum
He, hi, ho, hum

I m the stuff, I m telling you
For here s what I can do
I can change myself into an elf

Fly up high like the birdies
I can disappear into atmosphere
Cause I know the magic wordies

Fi, fo fe, foy
Fe, fe, fe, fe

Talking
Fifi?
I don t know no Fifi
Fee, fi, fo, fum
I smell
Pot roast!
Chocolate pot roast
With stispacio-
With dismashnee--
With dismash--
With green gravy

Now for the magic wordies.
Fe, fi, fo, fum. He, hi, ho, hum.
I'm a most amazing guy. Te, ti, te, ti, te, ti.[/quote]

This should be REAL funny too:)[url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8534397625940239162&q=nephilim"]Giant Proof![/url]

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Truthseeker777' post='1200038' date='Feb 18 2007, 10:13 PM']This should be REAL funny too:)[url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8534397625940239162&q=nephilim"]Giant Proof![/url][/quote]
I love what you consider "proof".
You really have very low standards, PT Barnum would have loved you.
I want see verified scientific reports on the skeletons.
If giant skeletons were verified, what difference would it make?
Obviously they aren't running around today, unless they have acromelagy.
I love the crop circles, they are lovely.

TruthSeeker777

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1200044' date='Feb 19 2007, 05:25 AM']I love what you consider "proof".
You really have very low standards, PT Barnum would have loved you.
I want see verified scientific reports on the skeletons.
If giant skeletons were verified, what difference would it make?
Obviously they aren't running around today, unless they have acromelagy.
I love the crop circles, they are lovely.[/quote]
Many atheists like to get scientific proof that there's a God too.
BTW- If believing what the BIBLE says in Genesis define's me as having low standards,
Then so be it.
But oh i forgot, the old Testament doesn't count for you :idontknow:
These giants were before and after the flood.
These hybrids have since adjusted to infiltrate society,they do live amongst us now.

Edited by Truthseeker777

There are 7 different beings found in the Bible:

1. God
2. Higher Spiritual Beings (cherubs, seraphim, etc.) One falled cherub: Lucifer
3. Angels
4. Humans
5. Mysterious "Giants" (Nephilim)
6. Demons
7. Animals

Fallen angels mating with human women was prevalent in the Bible before the flood. What makes you think there are not Nephilim around today? Jesus gives us a very clear warning about this in [b]Matthew 24:37 "But as the days of Noah were, so shall the coming of the Son of man be."[/b]
What was the most prominent sin mentioned in the Bible in the days of Noah? It was in [b]Genesis 6[/b] and it was the sons of God who came down from heaven and had sexual relations with human women to produce offspring that were either mighty men, demi gods or monsters. Now if that was going on in the days of Noah according to the Lord Jesus Christ, then it is veritably going on today.
The corruption of the human race is their goal. Before the flood, satan had one aim in mind and that was to defile the bloodline of humanity to keep God from producing the promised Messiah in Genesis 3. However, that's not an issue anymore. The Sons of God came down and had sexual relations with daughters of men.

When angels fall, they lose all of their angelic power. However, they don't lose their intellect. Their appearance also changes. The children of Nephilim become super men. This is where we get the legends of Hercules, a known demi god. He was half god/half man. There are many heroes like him throughout the world. These fallen angels are still around today using their intellects to make up for their loss of angelic power. They have created the technology with the help of their master, satan, that we see before us in these UFO's. They're still driven by satan to interbreed with human beings.

Edited by Urib2007