An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sons Of God-nephilim

TruthSeeker777

[center][img]http://www.stevequayle.com/GG.Images/9.Skeletons.pers.jpg[/img] [/center]

A. Present day modern man which averages about 6-feet tall + or - several inches or more.

B. 15-foot human skeleton found in southeast Turkey in late 1950's in the Euphrates valley during road construction. Many tombs containing giants were uncovered here. This pertains to the picture of the giant human femur and myself above.

C. Maximinus Thrax Ceaser of Rome 235-238 A.D. This was an 8' 6" skeleton.

D. Goliath was about 9 feet + or - a few inches. I Samuel 17:4 late 11th century.
E. King Og spoken of in Deuteronomy 3:11 whose iron bedstead was approximately 14-feet by 6-feet wide. King Og was at least 12-feet tall, yet some claim up to 18.

F. A 19'6" human skeleton found in 1577 A.D. under an overturned oak tree in the Canton of Lucerne.

G. 23-foot tall skeleton found in 1456 A.D. beside a river in Valence, France.

H. A 25' 6 " skeleton found in 1613 A.D. near the castle of Chaumont in France. This was claimed to be a nearly complete find.

I. Almost beyond comprehension or believability was the find of the two separate 36-foot human remains uncovered by Carthaginians somewhere between 200-600 B.C.

Source for the above information:
Joe Taylor, Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum
124 West Main St., P.O. Box 550, Crosbyton, TX 79322
(805) 675-7777 (office) and (806) 675-2421 (fax)
[url="http://www.mtblanco.com"]http://www.mtblanco.com[/url]

[color="#990000"]Sorry for the huge picture. That was the only one I could find. [/color]

Phoenix Reborn

I have proof that what you're saying is wrong! I just checked the New American Bible, indeed it says Genisis 6:4 that, BUT BELOW, it says they're 'Celestial Beings of Mythology.' Go ahead, side with the internet. I'm with the Bible.

Edited by Phoenix Reborn

The Bible speaks of giants as the offspring of a plot by angels to inbreed with mankind. This first implies that angels had a direct, ongoing relationship with humans as is referred to in Genesis 6:3 when Yhovah says he will end this close association. In Genesis, the flood is pronounced immediately after the giants are mentioned, although not directly referred to as a direct result of the phenomenon of the giants. The verses following this brief mention of giants would seem to indicate that the giants and the flood were seemingly unrelated and are dealt with as such by the pulpit.
The early Catholic Church found it necessary to eliminate the book written by Enoch.The Book of Enoch goes into great detail about the plot by certain angels and that plot's direct relation to the flood. What Enoch relates is a story of deceit, mutant beings out of control, cannibalism, and a decision by Yhovah to end the carnage perpetrated by these mutants which was leading to the decimation of life on Earth. It also shows that though the physical bodies of these mutants were destroyed, their eternal spirits remained intact and are directly connected to the demons encountered by Jesus.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1194719' date='Feb 14 2007, 08:29 AM']
Ok I'll bite.
What is the significance of all this to you?
[/quote]

Are you asking me? If you are, what's exactly your question ?

[quote name='Phoenix Reborn' post='1194702' date='Feb 14 2007, 08:22 AM']
I have proof that what you're saying is wrong! I just checked the New American Bible, indeed it says Genisis 6:4 that, BUT BELOW, it says they're 'Celestial Beings of Mythology.' Go ahead, side with the internet. I'm with the Bible.
[/quote]

Maybe you should invest in the King James Version and you'll see that it says "Giants."

Absurd. Of course nephilim existed. but WERE they human/angel? (angels can't die--Goliath DIED)

What did Jesus say about angels in reference to marriage?

[quote]Matt. 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.[/quote]

Angels don't marry.

[quote name='Seven77' post='1194790' date='Feb 14 2007, 08:45 AM']
Absurd. Of course nephilim existed. but WERE they human/angel? (angels can't die--Goliath DIED)

What did Jesus say about angels in reference to marriage?
Angels don't marry.
[/quote]

Since Nephilim are half human they can die. They don't have celestial powers. Since they are fallen angels, do you think they're going to abide by God's rules?
The quote you quoted from the Bible speaks of heaven and last time I checked, we're not living in heaven.

[img]http://home.att.net/~warplover/images/giants/GiantHumanLeg2a.jpg[/img]

Phoenix Reborn

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1194725' date='Feb 14 2007, 08:38 AM']
Maybe you should invest in the King James Version and you'll see that it says "Giants."
[/quote]

FACT: The King James version of the Bible is mostly used by Protestants.

So no, I'm not gonna waste my money on a Bible used by Protestants. My family is Catholic. Solid Catholic. So I have a hard time believing a Bible used by Protestants. And you're actually trying to prove us wrong with a Protestant Bible. You just got pwned.

Note:
This information wasn't taken off the internet, I asked my brother, Heyyoimjohnny, about the King James Bible and he told me that it's a mostly used by Protestants. And he's someone of great faith.

Edited by Phoenix Reborn

[quote name='Phoenix Reborn' post='1194841' date='Feb 14 2007, 09:14 AM']
So no, I'm not gonna waste my money on a Bible used by Protestants. My family is Catholic. Solid Catholic. So I have a hard time believing a Bible used by Protestants. And you're actually trying to prove us wrong with a Protestant Bible. You just got pwned.

Note:
This information wasn't taken off the internet, I asked my brother, Heyyoimjohnny, about the King James Bible and he told me that it's a mostly used by Protestants. And he's someone of great faith.
[/quote]

I respect your opinion, Phoenix. Just tell me one thing since I don't own a Catholic Bible.
Does your Bible contain any of these verses that the KJV contains?

1) Acts 8:37
2) Matthew 4:18
3) Acts 3:11
4) Mark 3:15
5) Ephesians 3:14
6) Romans 1:3

In Philippians 2:6, The KJV again, clearly declares the deity of Jesus Christ: "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery TO BE EQUAL WITH GOD"

The new translations completely re-word the verse to deny the deity of Jesus Christ. The NIV, RSV, NASV, NRSV, NKJV [1979 ed.,] etc. reads, "Who, being in very nature God, DID NOT CONSIDER EQUALITY WITH GOD something to be grasped."

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1194725' date='Feb 14 2007, 11:38 AM']
Are you asking me? If you are, what's exactly your question ?
[/quote]

We don't use the KJV because it is a flawed translation. This is from the RSV-CE.
Genesis 6:1When men began to multiply on the face of the ground, and daughters were born to them,
2: the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were fair, and they took to wife such of them as they chose. 3:Then the Lord said,"My spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh, but his days shall be a hundred and twenty years."
4:The Neph'ilim were on the earth in those dsays and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown.

"sons of God could mean simplty "divine beings" as seem elsewhere in the OT. THe writer, however, may be using an old story or myth to point out the progressive degradation of mankind before the Flood and to warn against the evil effects of intermariage either of the descendants of Seth with the Kenites, or more probably, of the Isrealites with the native populations of Canaan.

If you want to read good commentary on the entire book of Genesis go here: [url="http://www.catholicculture.org/docs/most/getchap.cfm?WorkNum=6&ChapNum=10"]http://www.catholicculture.org/docs/most/g...&ChapNum=10[/url]

TruthSeeker777

[quote name='Phoenix Reborn' post='1194841' date='Feb 14 2007, 07:14 PM']

Note:
[/quote]
Also keep in mind what God said about taking away from His word.REV22 18-19

When you compare all bibles to the ORIGINAL torah,aramic and greek BIBLE the original KING JAMES is the closest translation
of Gods word. Fact.
An Excellent test for your bible is 1JOHN 4:3 ,It should read:
1 John 4:3 (King James Version)

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

The King james do not change,ad or take away the words of God like other translations,these new translations actually demotes Jesus.

Like ACTS 3.:13 AND 3:26 SHOULD READ SON,
not 'servan't like in the newer translations.
Jesus definetely was not a servant.He was God in the Flesh.

Many translations also demote him to HE,HIS KINGDOM OR HIM,instead of JESUS OR KINGDOM OF GOD.

New translations also mention 'SPIRIT' instead of HOLY GHOST OF THE KJB.
Check out-John 7:39
1Cor 2:15
Math.12.31
Acts 6:3

A spirit could be a demon,see where this is leading.Its taking away from the DEITY OF Jesus Christ.

Hope this explains it better.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1194911' date='Feb 14 2007, 10:42 AM']
We don't use the KJV because it is a flawed translation. [/quote]

I don't agree that the King James Version is flawed. I've actually compared the newer translations with the KJV and have found that many of the verses have been changed. There are over 6,000 changes that have been made from the KJV to the newer versions.

[color="#000099"][b]They attack the virgin birth:[/b]

In Luke 2:33, The King James reads, "And JOSEPH and his mother marvelled at those things which were spoken of him." The NIV, NASV, NRSV, etc. reads, "The CHILD's FATHER and mother marveled at what was said about him." The "CHILD's FATHER?" Do you believe that Joseph was Jesus's father? Not if you believe the virgin birth! Not if you believe John 3:16, that Jesus Christ was the Son of God...A subtle attack at the virgin birth.[/color]

[color="#000099"][b]They remove the Blood:[/b]

Consider Colossians 1:14: the KJV reads, "In whom we have redemption THROUGH HIS BLOOD, even the forgiveness of sins:" The NIV reads, "In whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." The NIV, NASV, RSV, NRSV and co. rip the precious words "THROUGH HIS BLOOD" out. Friend, salvation is only "THROUGH HIS BLOOD." That old song says, "What can wash away my sins, NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS."[/color]

[color="#000099"][b]They attack John 3:16:[/b]

And something has to be done with John 3:16...so the NIV and company read, "For God so loved the world that he gave his ONE AND ONLY SON, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - removing the critical word "BEGOTTEN." If Jesus was "the one and only" then what happens to the wonderful promise to believers like 1 John 3:2, "Beloved, now are we the sons of God...?" [/color]

[color="#000099"][b]They make Lucifer and Jesus Christ the same:[/b]

In Isaiah 14:12, the father of the new versions removes his mask. The King James reads, "How art thou fallen from heaven, O LUCIFER, son of the morning!..." The NIV, NASV, NRSV etc. reads, "How you have fallen from heaven, O MORNING STAR, son of the dawn..." The new per-versions change "Lucifer" to "morning star." According to Revelation 22:16, the "morning star" is the Lord Jesus Christ. What blasphemy! What perversion! And there's no basis whatsoever for the change, as the Hebrew word for star [kokab] is not even found in Isaiah 14:12. [/color]

[color="#000099"][b]They take out hell:[/b]

If Satan is the author of these new versions, one subject he will aim his attack is the place the Bible calls hell. And the new versions go to extents to remove it.

Many times they change "hell" to "grave" or "death," but the word "hell" is far and few in the new versions. Like Psalm 9:17: in the King James reads, "The wicked shall be turned into HELL..." The NIV, reads, "The wicked return to the GRAVE..." We ALL "return to the GRAVE."

Many times when the new versions come to the obvious word "hell" - they replace it with the Greek word "Hades" or Hebrew "sheol." [See Matt. 16:18, Luke 16:23, Acts 2:31 and many, many more, the NEW King James does this 29 times.] Rather than translate into the obvious word hell - THEY REFUSE TO TRANSLATE IT.

And this is a better translation? And these new versions are "easier to read" and "understand?" Who in their right mind thinks Hades or Sheol is "easier to understand" than hell? Why didn't they leave in the Greek word "Ouranos" for heaven? It's obvious! Because someone is trying to remove and cast doubt on the place called hell.

In Isaiah 14:15, the King James Bible condemns Lucifer to hell: "Yet thou shalt be brought down to HELL ..." The new versions refuse to send Lucifer to hell! The NIV reads, "But you are brought down to the GRAVE..." The NASV, NRSV, NEW King James [NKJV] places him in "Sheol."[/color]

[color="#000099"][b]The Lord's or The Devil's Prayer?[/b]

An alarming display of Satanic perversion is found in Luke 11. The "The Lord's Prayer" is subtly [see 2 Cor. 11:3] transformed into "The Devil's Prayer."

The King James Bible in Luke 11:2-4, reads, "...Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil." Incredibly, the NIV, NASV, NRSV, etc. take out: "WHICH ART IN HEAVEN... Thy will be done, AS IN HEAVEN, so in earth... but DELIVER US FROM EVIL." Heaven is completely removed! The "father" of the new versions is NOT IN HEAVEN and DOES NOT DELIVER FROM EVIL.[/color]

[color="#000099"][b]They take out whole verses:[/b]

In Acts 8:37, the King James reads, "And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God." The other versions read - woops, they took the whole verse out! One of the best verses in the Bible on salvation through Jesus Christ and they ripped it out...why?

Why is it that every time a sinner is saved by grace in the book of Acts - THEY ATTACK IT? In Acts 9:5,6: Paul is getting saved, and they take out 20 words. In Acts 16:31 when the Philippian jailor is getting saved, the word "CHRIST" is delicately removed. Why do these new bibles so fiercely attack God's wonderful plan of salvation?[/color]

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1194907' date='Feb 14 2007, 01:41 PM']
In Philippians 2:6, The KJV again, clearly declares the deity of Jesus Christ: "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery TO BE EQUAL WITH GOD"

The new translations completely re-word the verse to deny the deity of Jesus Christ. The NIV, RSV, NASV, NRSV, NKJV [1979 ed.,] etc. reads, "Who, being in very nature God, DID NOT CONSIDER EQUALITY WITH GOD something to be grasped."
[/quote]
Latin vulgate:
2:6Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: qui cum in forma Dei esset non rapinam arbitratus est esse se aequalem Deo
2: 7 But emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men, and in habit found as a man. sed semet ipsum exinanivit formam servi accipiens in similitudinem hominum factus et habitu inventus ut homo

RSV_CE
6:who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with god a thing to be grasped,
7:but emptied himself taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men 8:And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross.

Footnote:2:6 the greek shows that the divine attributes, and therefore the nature , are implied here. It is not the divine nature he set no store by, but equality of treatment are recognition of his divinity.
2:7 emptied himself of his external recognition which was his right.