An Old School Catholic Message Board

Say Goodbye To The USA

Urib2007

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1193683' date='Feb 13 2007, 02:41 PM']
I'm curious as to what the North American Union will do in regards to language. English has never been legally made the official language of the United States, so there's no official language in the US. Mexico has Spanish. Canada has French and English.
Will Mexicans accept English as an official language?[/quote]The French are on their own. We N.A. Unionists will continue to speak Spanglish.

Phoenix Reborn

[quote name='Staretz' post='1193380' date='Feb 13 2007, 07:47 AM']
Did you know that pride is a sin?
[/quote]

One of the Seven Deadly sins, to be exact.

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1192895' date='Feb 12 2007, 05:31 PM']Oh, Didymus! You silly goose. Thanks for the advice, [b]but I don't take advice from ignorant peeps[/b]. If you only knew how much I've studied and how much I know. You should take your own advice.[/quote]
that's quite rude, isn't it?

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1193814' date='Feb 13 2007, 12:48 PM']
that's quite rude, isn't it?
[/quote]

Yeah I read that just now and it wasn't a nice thing to say. I'm sorry Didymus for saying that. :(
It's not very Jesus like to act that way.

In a slight way, this fits in with the N.A.U

------
BofA aims new credit card at illegal immigrants: report

Reuters | February 13, 2007

Bank of America Corp. has begun offering credit cards to customers without Social Security numbers, typically illegal immigrants, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday.

In recent years, banks across the country have been offering checking accounts and even mortgages to the nation's fast-growing ranks of undocumented immigrants, most of whom are Hispanic, the paper said, adding these immigrants generally have not been able to get major credit cards.

The new Bank of America card is open to people who lack both a Social Security number and a credit history, as long as they have held a checking account with the bank for three months without an overdraft, the Journal said.

Bank of America tested the program last year at five branches in Los Angeles, and last week expanded it to 51 branches in Los Angeles County, home to the largest concentration of illegal immigrants in the U.S., the Journal said.

The bank hopes to roll out the program nationally later this year, the paper said.

A Bank of America spokesman was not immediately available to comment.

Edited by Urib2007

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1193683' date='Feb 13 2007, 01:41 PM']
I'm curious as to what the North American Union will do in regards to language.
[/quote]I'm curious as to whether or not you're actually going to respond to the points that we've been making, especially mine, if for no other reason than that its, well, mine.

1) anyone who thinks that the US merging w/ any other country could possibly be a good thing needs to seriously reconsider the matter - and it is repulsive that ppl here think that it could be good - but it would be cool to see a debate on the ups and downs moved and discussed somewhere else.

2) everyone seems to chim in when Truthseeker and Urib post not so nice things, but don't mind when "reg. phatmassers" post rude things or even things quitely implied

3) This is a waste of time - which is precisely why im on here and can vouch that it is

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1192933' date='Feb 12 2007, 08:49 PM']
Yeah we know each other. We also live in the same place in the UK.
[/quote]

Stonehenge?

:disguise:

Phoenix Reborn

[quote name='-I---Love' post='1193934' date='Feb 13 2007, 02:23 PM']
2) everyone seems to chim in when Truthseeker and Urib post not so nice things, but don't mind when "reg. phatmassers" post rude things or even things quitely implied
[/quote]

I think I know who you're talking...I'm probably one of those being rude. I guess I'm really indecisive at times...I debate...but with no debating skills...

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1193883' date='Feb 13 2007, 03:11 PM']
Yeah I read that just now and it wasn't a nice thing to say. I'm sorry Didymus for saying that. :(
It's not very Jesus like to act that way.
[/quote]

des koo. sall good

If we merge with Canandia, then we dont have to say Hockey is only Canadian anymore. :P:

Pontifite 7 of 10

If this falls through I'm moving to Australia. Bye Phatmass! I love you all! May God be with you!

Edited by Pontifite 7 of 10

Catholictothecore

Does this really surprise anyone?

Anyone seen my copy of 1984?

Edited by Catholictothecore

[quote name='Catholictothecore' post='1194021' date='Feb 13 2007, 06:46 PM']
Does this really surprise anyone?

Anyone seen my copy of 1984?
[/quote]

Hahahahaha! Seriously though... where are the Canadians here... they should be backing me on this whole thing about Manifest Destiny... = not good... Can't we get along being separate entities? I think I'll move to Australia too... or maybe Wales... sounds good... ^_^

[quote]
I'm curious as to whether or not you're actually going to respond to the points that we've been making, especially mine, if for no other reason than that its, well, mine.
[/quote]

Yeah Farsight one... someone should respond... what was it you said again?

:detective:

Whats the differnance. Its not like any of our countrys actually have "Home Land Security" Have you crossed the border lately. I have been pulled into the compound several times in the last week, only to find our hard working Homeland security officers kicking back with their feet up on the desk, the just look at me and asked, what can I do for you today?

This isnt exactly the homeland security you think of for the USA!!!

It is typical on both sides of the border.

They havent even been checking passports as often as they used to now!