An Old School Catholic Message Board

Submission Of Women

dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

the bible says women should be submissve to their husbands. i know i always thought that to a large degree. a few people were telling me that there is never a time when the two cannot just compromise. i couldn't think of much to respond with. if there's a problem, you can do the half and half if possible, or do neither and choose a third option you both agree with.

i guess i could always fall back on the wife can just agree with the husband instead of compromise. or maybe th wife can allow the husband to be the dominant one in matters like leading dinner discussion or whatever. but where can i say that substantially the wife should submit? if the wife wanted to compromise then there's no reason why not, and if the wife just has a natural tendency to submission, and the husband to following, what's the point of submission.
where is a good point where you can say submission is a must/strong ought?

Thy Geekdom Come

Women are to submit to their husbands, but husbands are to serve their wives. Therefore, you could say that, if all goes as it should, women are to let their husbands serve them (even if they don't like it, so long as it's in their best interest).

;) Men have an obligation to serve their wives. Let's not forget the other half of the passage.