An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chipping. How The Future Is Now.

cmotherofpirl

my biggest problem with all of these chips is that they are usually radio signals and they'll send a radio signal out to anyone who sends one their way. so that means if i get my passport imbedded in my or my credit card anyone who got the right kind of transmitter and software could get my information. so yeah... that would stink.

A German has already broken the 'unbreakable' code of the new European passports which have a 'chip' in them. These send radio signals also. He has managed to 'clone' an original and then replace the photo and any other information he chooses. He even managed to get the security software that is 'classified' to show off his results. I gather it has the Passport people in total panic.

So even these chips are not fool proof. It could in fact make it easier to 'clone' the identity as it would be 'everything' about us!

cmotherofpirl

Nothing is foolproof. I am on my third credit card replacement cause someone keeps hacking the system and forcing all the banks to issue new ones :maddest: