An Old School Catholic Message Board

Angels

rkwright

Maybe the proper distinction is not in how they are "grouped."

Maybe it is only important to say that Christ did not die for them.

Hebrews 2:16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham's descendants.

I guess that this verse is not literal. I mean that it does not pertain in every single way. How could Christ not help angels at all? He just did not die and rise for them/with them.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Paddington' post='1183662' date='Feb 3 2007, 06:35 AM']
Maybe the proper distinction is not in how they are "grouped."

Maybe it is only important to say that Christ did not die for them.

Hebrews 2:16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham's descendants.

I guess that this verse is not literal. I mean that it does not pertain in every single way. How could Christ not help angels at all? He just did not die and rise for them/with them.
[/quote]

True Christ did not die for the Angels. The verse is correct. Christ died for man, not for the angels. Yet that does not mean the Angels are not Saints, or are not in communion with us or united with us in Christ. They serve Christ, the Saints serve Christ, we serve Christ, there is only one God, there is only one communion. Different saintly groups but all united in Christ, as the head.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1183663' date='Feb 3 2007, 09:18 AM']
True Christ did not die for the Angels. The verse is correct. Christ died for man, not for the angels. Yet that does not mean the Angels are not Saints, or are not in communion with us or united with us in Christ. They serve Christ, the Saints serve Christ, we serve Christ, there is only one God, there is only one communion. Different saintly groups but all united in Christ, as the head.
[/quote]

I agree with everything you say. I think it agrees with what I was trying to get at. Angels are not baptized and have no need for baptism. In that way, we can't say they are "baptized into the body of Christ." But, everything else looks like the same gist. But realized in different ways.