An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Conspiracy

KnightofChrist

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1180873' date='Jan 30 2007, 09:22 PM']
no lameness!!!
I want lots of coagulated milk on the taco, and a Baileys Irish Creme cheescake while you are at it :)
[/quote]

I think the cheesecake would taste pretty bad in a taco shell.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1180439' date='Jan 30 2007, 03:16 PM']
Nah, I think after the atheists, the white nationalists, the radical traditionalists, and the conspiracy theorists, the next logical group would be fundamentalist Christians.

Quite frankly, I'd welcome the change. They're great people to talk to, if they're not violently into debate.
[/quote]
Really? The debate table was dominated by debates with fundies not that long ago.
Has everybody forgotten Budge and Eutychus already??? :idontknow:

(And they weren't exactly the most pleasant folks to talk with on here, either. :rolleyes: )

(And, of course, there's quite a bit of overlap between fundies and conspiracy theorists.)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Socrates' post='1180908' date='Jan 30 2007, 09:50 PM']
Really? The debate table was dominated by debates with fundies not that long ago.
Has everybody forgotten Budge and Eutychus already??? :idontknow:

(And they weren't exactly the most pleasant folks to talk with on here, either. :rolleyes: )

(And, of course, there's quite a bit of overlap between fundies and conspiracy theorists.)
[/quote]
B&E weren't fundamentalists. They were just anti-Catholics looking for any excuse to hate us.

We can be Zealous over these things.

There are real dangers in the world, and we need to educate each other so we can better fight them.

hmmm...I move to keep politics off this Message Board. Right now there are some pretty risky views on the government that many of us hold. I for one have some controversial views about America and England, but here is not the place to converse with them. Its most certainly not the place to dump John Conner stuff. I read alot of stuff from the Truth Movment and I go along with them in some of their stuff, but I do not feel like this is the place to bring it out and fight and argue with my pham.

Watch to prevent wrangeling among men, for it is truly seen as a sin. Thats why I say, we should cut down the amount of political talk here.

I don't agree we should cut down because people need to know the TRUTH and the truth is that 9/11 was an inside job. Now I'm posting this on this thread since it's the "Conspiracy" thread. :-P

[size=4][b]Only 16% Think Government Telling the Truth about 9/11[/size][/b]

According to a new New York Times/CBS News poll, only 16% of Americans think the government is telling the truth about 9/11:

"Do you think members of the Bush Administration are telling the truth, are mostly telling the truth but hiding something, or are they mostly lying?

[b]Telling the truth 16%[/b]

[b]Hiding something 53%[/b]

[b]Mostly lying 28%[/b]

[b]Not sure 3%"[/b]

The 16% are probably a waste of energy: if they still believe the official story, then they are unlikely to change their minds based on facts. (If you have the patience to never give up, then more power to you).

The 28% who say "mostly lying" are probably already 9/11 truthers. They may, however, simply believe that the government LET 9/11 happen on purpose, without understanding that 9/11 could not have succeeded unless elements within the government had actively ASSISTED in the attacks. So you might want to discuss some of the facts regarding the war games and the Mineta testimony, for example.

The 3% who are not sure are certainly worth reaching out to.

But I would argue that the 53% who responded that the government is "hiding something" are the best use of our time. These folks already have a little knowledge or a gut feeling that the government is hiding something, but haven't learned enough facts to understand that 9/11 was an inside job. With a little education, they will understand that what the government is hiding is that it was complicit in the crime of the century, the biggest false flag attack in history.

And this is the majority of Americans, a worthwhile group to speak with. So spending time giving the facts to someone who understands that the government is hiding something is a very effective investment.

Addressing some of the basic facts proving that the government knew of and let the attacks succeed, or the many high-level people questioning 9/11 or saying building 7 was brought down by controlled demolition might be good places to start.

The poll also suggests that it is worth starting out conversations about 9/11 by asking the same sort of question asked by the poll. That way, you can quickly identify whether someone falls into the "hiding something", "telling the truth", or "mostly lying" categories.

Note: the full text of the poll question was "When it comes to what they knew prior to September 11th, 2001, about possible terrorist attacks against the United States, do you think members of the Bush Administration are telling the truth, are mostly telling the truth but hiding something, or are they mostly lying?"

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]I don't agree we should cut down because people need to know the TRUTH and the truth is that 9/11 was an inside job.[/quote]

The TRUTH does not deal in lies. Yet you have lied to us before now.

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1182402' date='Feb 1 2007, 05:49 PM']
I don't agree we should cut down because people need to know the TRUTH and the truth is that 9/11 was an inside job. Now I'm posting this on this thread since it's the "Conspiracy" thread. :-P

[size=4][b]Only 16% Think Government Telling the Truth about 9/11[/size][/b]

According to a new New York Times/CBS News poll, only 16% of Americans think the government is telling the truth about 9/11:

"Do you think members of the Bush Administration are telling the truth, are mostly telling the truth but hiding something, or are they mostly lying?

[b]Telling the truth 16%[/b]

[b]Hiding something 53%[/b]

[b]Mostly lying 28%[/b]

[b]Not sure 3%"[/b]

The 16% are probably a waste of energy: if they still believe the official story, then they are unlikely to change their minds based on facts. (If you have the patience to never give up, then more power to you).

The 28% who say "mostly lying" are probably already 9/11 truthers. They may, however, simply believe that the government LET 9/11 happen on purpose, without understanding that 9/11 could not have succeeded unless elements within the government had actively ASSISTED in the attacks. So you might want to discuss some of the facts regarding the war games and the Mineta testimony, for example.

The 3% who are not sure are certainly worth reaching out to.

But I would argue that the 53% who responded that the government is "hiding something" are the best use of our time. These folks already have a little knowledge or a gut feeling that the government is hiding something, but haven't learned enough facts to understand that 9/11 was an inside job. With a little education, they will understand that what the government is hiding is that it was complicit in the crime of the century, the biggest false flag attack in history.

And this is the majority of Americans, a worthwhile group to speak with. So spending time giving the facts to someone who understands that the government is hiding something is a very effective investment.

Addressing some of the basic facts proving that the government knew of and let the attacks succeed, or the many high-level people questioning 9/11 or saying building 7 was brought down by controlled demolition might be good places to start.

The poll also suggests that it is worth starting out conversations about 9/11 by asking the same sort of question asked by the poll. That way, you can quickly identify whether someone falls into the "hiding something", "telling the truth", or "mostly lying" categories.

Note: the full text of the poll question was "When it comes to what they knew prior to September 11th, 2001, about possible terrorist attacks against the United States, do you think members of the Bush Administration are telling the truth, are mostly telling the truth but hiding something, or are they mostly lying?"
[/quote]
[b]News flash!

Internet polls reveal that:

95% of Phatmassers believe Urib2007 and his pals are in reality zombie clones hatched by aliens from the Alpha-centauri star system to reduce earthlings to brain-numbed idiots with their incessent inane spamming of conspiracy theories.[/b]

0.001% believe them to be human beings who actually have something to say.

The remaining 4.999% believe them to be sinister secret operatives of the Bush administration, posting with the sole purpose of making their opposition look ridiculous.

Get a life, please!

MissScripture

Really? I thought it was 95% of all statistics. :hehehe:

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1182402' date='Feb 1 2007, 04:49 PM']
[/quote]
Ironic, coming from someone who was so recenlty proved to be lying to us.

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1182580' date='Feb 1 2007, 05:56 PM']
The TRUTH does not deal in lies. Yet you have lied to us before now.
[/quote]

How on earth have I lied to you guys?

[quote name='Kosh' post='1182695' date='Feb 1 2007, 10:46 PM']
you DO know that 97% of all statistics are made up?
[/quote]

Have you read of or read a book called "How to Lie with Statistics"? It is a great book :)

Back in the 80's I heard of a study supposedly showing that 8% of Irish atheists believe thqt Jesus Christ is the Son of God. One of the biggest problems with statistical studies is how you word the questions inthe first place.