An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Conspiracy

KnightofChrist

I'd been wondering what the Fuzzy Bunny Crusade was :)

As for "FullTruth" et al, I simply ignore them on principal. I realise that the moderators cannot do that. Nice detective "legwork", Knightof Christ.

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]I can tell that mother of pirl lady doesn't like me, but we must inform the masses.[/quote]

I think that is a nice compliment for Cmotherofpirl, although Urib probably didn't intend it to be so.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1180134' date='Jan 30 2007, 02:05 AM']
ok. I don't see any difference just because one group is open about it though. I'm sure if you pushed urib and them hard enough they'd admit what they were doing too. This board does it, but when other boards do it all of a sudden it becomes some crazy fringe group that's just out to annoy people? Sounds like a bit of a double standard.
[/quote]
I don't think the FBC goes in in groups, denies knowing each other (when asked if they were together, one of our guests said that it was just a coincidence because so many people were opening their eyes to the truth), and I pretty sure that no one on the FBC has [i]ever[/i] called any memeber of any board they've visited Satan or a worshipper of Satan.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1180198' date='Jan 30 2007, 09:06 AM']
I don't think the FBC goes in in groups, denies knowing each other (when asked if they were together, one of our guests said that it was just a coincidence because so many people were opening their eyes to the truth), and I pretty sure that no one on the FBC has [i]ever[/i] called any memeber of any board they've visted Satan or a worshipper of Satan.
[/quote]

Yep.

The FBC is about charitably bringing our brothers and sisters in Christ (and others) to a better knowledge of the Catholic faith.

This appears to be an attempt by a group of anarchy-leaning conspiracy theorists who like to manipulate the few facts they have and practice revisionist history.

We simply don't do that in the FBC. The method is entirely wrong, as HSmom said.

cmotherofpirl

I thank you for all the compliments, but all the mods work together and deserve credit, not just me.

Am I a satanic infiltrator? Nope, just a mum old enough to understand the games little boys play when they have a toy :D:

goldenchild17

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1180146' date='Jan 30 2007, 04:02 AM']
You are mistaken, I made this thread, and I know why I did. It was because they spam us, are rude to us, and Urib was not factual to me in his statement that he had no relation to Opened_Eyes. [/quote]
Fair enough. But then you could have been quite a bit more clear of your intentions. The original post says nothing about any of this. All it does it reveal their connection on another board.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1180146' date='Jan 30 2007, 04:02 AM']Well let someone in FBC actually tell us the difference between the two. I believe I recall phatmassers questioning if they were all the same person, or some kind of group. Another chance to reveal the truth, they chose not too. Anyhow doesn't matter. I've posted my findings, exposed the group (cuz of they're spam, rudeness, and unfactual statements), I have every right. Also I have not called for the groups removal. Just pointing out facts.
[/quote]
You can point out all the facts you want. I don't really care about that. I was simply pointing out the "fact" that just because they exist as an evangelization group means nothing. There are many such groups around the net, FBC is one of them. This is nothing to be outraged about. You did clarify and say that you exposed it because of their rudeness. Again I don't see what the point if this is. I'd say most people in the world do not have very charitable approaches to convincing people of their error. But even if this were the case, you might have said something about it in the first post. And yes, I'm sure someone from the current FBC will comment on this, I was just giving my perspective since I once was a member of this group and can't imagine that it has changed fundamentally from what it was when I was there.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1180198' date='Jan 30 2007, 09:06 AM']
I don't think the FBC goes in in groups, denies knowing each other (when asked if they were together, one of our guests said that it was just a coincidence because so many people were opening their eyes to the truth), and I pretty sure that no one on the FBC has [i]ever[/i] called any memeber of any board they've visited Satan or a worshipper of Satan.
[/quote]

Sure, and as I have witnessed, the FBC is usually more charitable than other groups. But I have met very few such groups. Most evangelization groups are pretty uncharitable, sometimes intentionally sometimes not. I think we can point out their faults in this area, but to be all shocked and amazed that they are here as a group trying to evangelize to people they believe are in error is nothing out of the ordinary. They just need to work on their delivery is all. I do believe the FBC acknowledges themselves when asked. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I haven't seen anybody ask Urib and them if they were a group. Maybe they'd do the same if someone would just ask instead of getting all upset about some "conspiracy" against phatmass.

homeschoolmom

I'm pretty sure someone did ask (I can't remember which thread-- there are so many) and the reply was that it was a coincidence.

goldenchild17

okay. But even then, why does every group need to follow the principles of FBC? What if some groups don't wish to be exposed? What if they feel people will be more open to dialogue if they don't know that they are being specifically targeted by a particular group? People should be honest when asked, but I don't think being secretive is necessarily a problem

Edited by goldenchild17

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1180333' date='Jan 30 2007, 01:52 PM']
okay. But even then, why does every group need to follow the principles of FBC? What if some groups don't wish to be exposed? What if they feel people will be more open to dialogue if they don't know that they are being specifically targeted by a particular group? People should be honest when asked, but I don't think being secretive is necessarily a problem
[/quote]

There hasn't been any "dialogue" just dumping of conspiracy theory carp on a religious board.

From now on it will be moved off the debate board.

goldenchild17

Okay, I don't really care. What you do with their information is your prerogative. But they are still simply doing the same thing FBC does, just with a much less effective means.

cathoholic_anonymous

[quote]But even then, why does every group need to follow the principles of FBC? What if some groups don't wish to be exposed?[/quote]

Because lying and deceit are just plain wrong. Evangelism is about being a city on a hill, not a tunnel under the ground.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1180362' date='Jan 30 2007, 02:14 PM']
Okay, I don't really care. What you do with their information is your prerogative. But they are still simply doing the same thing FBC does, just with a much less effective means.
[/quote]
With deceitful means.

goldenchild17

Then call them on that. No point on calling them out on their existence. Nothing more for me to say about it. I think you guys are just mad that they picked this place as a site for evangelization. So what? Let them come. Then either address their threads or ignore them, or delete them. Who cares why they are here. Everybody is here, or on other boards for a reason whether they are part of a collected effort or not.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1180395' date='Jan 30 2007, 02:54 PM']
Then call them on that. No point on calling them out on their existence. Nothing more for me to say about it. I think you guys are just mad that they picked this place as a site for evangelization. So what? Let them come. Then either address their threads or ignore them, or delete them. Who cares why they are here. Everybody is here, or on other boards for a reason whether they are part of a collected effort or not.
[/quote]
dearie I am not the least bit mad. I just have much more respect for people to say yes we know each other, yes we are here to discuss our beliefs and present them because we think they are the truth.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1180308' date='Jan 30 2007, 12:52 PM']
Fair enough. But then you could have been quite a bit more clear of your intentions. The original post says nothing about any of this. All it does it reveal their connection on another board.
You can point out all the facts you want. I don't really care about that. I was simply pointing out the "fact" that just because they exist as an evangelization group means nothing. There are many such groups around the net, FBC is one of them. This is nothing to be outraged about. You did clarify and say that you exposed it because of their rudeness. Again I don't see what the point if this is. I'd say most people in the world do not have very charitable approaches to convincing people of their error. But even if this were the case, you might have said something about it in the first post. And yes, I'm sure someone from the current FBC will comment on this, I was just giving my perspective since I once was a member of this group and can't imagine that it has changed fundamentally from what it was when I was there.
[/quote]

In the first post I did say all their here for is "spam, spam, spam." And I thought I pointed out their rudeness with a copy of them calling Cmom a Satanist.
Also the thread was made because Urib was not factual that he had no relation to Opened_Eyes.

:lol: I'm not outraged, I'm not mad. I simply do not like someone not telling me the truth, and calling my good friends satanist when it is clear She is not.