An Old School Catholic Message Board

This Is My Last Post Here For A While

FullTruth

Lets break down that scripture, shall we.

Let every person be subordinate to the higher authorities, for there is no authority except from God,

[color="#CC0000"]I've stated that YHWH, God, is the only authority, and so we obey the authorities because it pleases YHWH. Hmmm - that lines up with that part.[/color]

and those that exist have been established by God. Therefore, whoever resists authority opposes what God has appointed, and those who oppose it will bring judgment upon themselves.

[color="#FF0000"]I do not oppose authorities, I reject authorities, except YHWH and those he entrusts to guide us and direct us. I obey the authorities in the world while rejecting our need for them, because it pleases YHWH that he alone is my King and my Government.[/color]

For rulers are not a cause of fear to good conduct, but to evil. Do you wish to have no fear of authority? Then do what is good and you will receive approval from it, for it is a servant of God for your good.

[color="#CC0000"]Again, Serving YHWH means you serve authority because it pleases YHWH. Lines up with that scripture. I reject the human and seek the spiritual authority, and by obeying the spiritual authority, I obey the human authority.[/color]

But if you do evil, be afraid, for it does not bear the sword without purpose; it is the servant of God to inflict wrath on the evildoer.

[color="#FF0000"]I'm not doing anything evil. I don't have to be afraid. I obey and reject human authority at the same time.[/color]

Therefore, it is necessary to be subject not only because of the wrath but also because of conscience.

[color="#CC0000"]I serve YHWH and he asks me to obey authorities, so I do not obey human authorities out of fear of them and wrath, but I obey them because I serve YHWH and want to please him. So I obey and reject at the same time because I am not obeying them for their sake, but for YHWH's sake. That makes their authority over me to no effect, and YHWH's immesurable.[/color]

This is why you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, devoting themselves to this very thing. Pay to all their dues, taxes to whom taxes are due, toll to whom toll is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due.

[color="#FF0000"]I do obey them, but all organized government was established by Satan to opress humanity. But YHWH also appoints the leaders, whom will accomplish his plan, so I am submissive to YHWH that this is the world we live in today, but I reject it in my heart. I am no patriot for patriotism is against YHWH, for if my love of Canada, or the United States, or any other country is like hate compared to how I love YHWH, than I shall not have any place in heaven. I despise my nation for the Kingdom's sake.[/color]

And let me explain this scripture -

By me kings reign, and lawgivers establish justice; By me princes govern, and nobles; all the rulers of earth.

Who gives them authority? YHWH. YHWH is the authority.

I want you to answer this question.

Was there always a human king in Israel before the Israelites asked for one in 1st Samuel 8:5-18?

The answer will surprise you. NO THERE WAS NOT! There were the judges, and I suggest you read that chapter before continuing.

The original nation of Israel did not have human leadership or government. YHWH was the only King then.

So if he could do it then, he could do it now, but we are programmed to believe it is not possible, so YHWH is being restricted by our unbelief.

Remember, Yeshua said, as thou have faith be it on to you. If the entire populace said, YHWH can guide and direct us, and believed it, than YHWH could. But we are so limited by programming of the media and the world, we no longer believe.

Not for me. I accept YHWH as my only authority, and by accepting the Authority of YHWH and obeying YHWH, I obey the human authorities in the world, but not for their sakes, but for YHWH, therefore obeying human authority while rejecting human authority, for I despise the love of my nation for the Kingdom's sake.

Edited by FullTruth

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1175980' date='Jan 25 2007, 03:55 PM']
Lets break down that scripture, shall we.

Let every person be subordinate to the higher authorities, for there is no authority except from God,

[color="#CC0000"]I've stated that YHWH, God, is the only authority, and so we obey the authorities because it pleases YHWH. Hmmm - that lines up with that part.[/color]

and those that exist have been established by God. Therefore, whoever resists authority opposes what God has appointed, and those who oppose it will bring judgment upon themselves.

[color="#FF0000"]I do not oppose authorities, I reject authorities, except YHWH and those he entrusts to guide us and direct us. I obey the authorities in the world while rejecting our need for them, because it pleases YHWH that he alone is my King and my Government.[/color]
[/quote]

You broke the verse in the wrong spot. It reads "Let every person be subordinate to the higher authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been established by God." The "and" which you tried to split off into your second part, means that the clause is continuing. That means that the sentence syntax indicates this meaning: "for there is no authority except from God and for there is no authority except from those that exist have been established by God." That means that there are authorities not only tolerated by God, but established by God. Further, we believe that God Himself directs the Church. The Church, therefore, is a representative of God on earth and operates with His authority (thus Jesus hands on "all authority in heaven and on earth" to the Apostles in Matthew 28). So where you see a split between God's authority and the Church's authority, we do not, and nor do the Scriptures.

[quote][quote]For rulers are not a cause of fear to good conduct, but to evil. Do you wish to have no fear of authority? Then do what is good and you will receive approval from it, for it is a servant of God for your good.

[color="#CC0000"]Again, Serving YHWH means you serve authority because it pleases YHWH. Lines up with that scripture. I reject the human and seek the spiritual authority, and by obeying the spiritual authority, I obey the human authority.[/color][/quote]

First, the Church has spiritual and human authority.

Second, how could God be against human authority, but be pleased when you follow it? God is not against Himself.

[quote]But if you do evil, be afraid, for it does not bear the sword without purpose; it is the servant of God to inflict wrath on the evildoer.

[color="#FF0000"]I'm not doing anything evil. I don't have to be afraid. I obey and reject human authority at the same time.[/color][/quote]

That's a contradiction.

[quote]Therefore, it is necessary to be subject not only because of the wrath but also because of conscience.

[color="#CC0000"]I serve YHWH and he asks me to obey authorities, so I do not obey human authorities out of fear of them and wrath, but I obey them because I serve YHWH and want to please him. So I obey and reject at the same time because I am not obeying them for their sake, but for YHWH's sake. That makes their authority over me to no effect, and YHWH's immesurable.[/color][/quote]

We are not to follow laws which contradict God's law. That is a contradiction and the Scriptures do not support it.

[quote]This is why you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, devoting themselves to this very thing. Pay to all their dues, taxes to whom taxes are due, toll to whom toll is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due.

[color="#FF0000"]I do obey them, but all organized government was established by Satan to opress humanity. But YHWH also appoints the leaders, whom will accomplish his plan, so I am submissive to YHWH that this is the world we live in today, but I reject it in my heart. I am no patriot for patriotism is against YHWH, for if my love of Canada, or the United States, or any other country is like hate compared to how I love YHWH, than I shall not have any place in heaven. I despise my nation for the Kingdom's sake.[/color][/quote][/quote]

Nowhere in Scripture does it say that all organized government was established by Satan.

You are reading into the text and trying to find support for your preconceived ideas rather than listening to the Scriptures and seeing what they have to say to you.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1175999' date='Jan 25 2007, 04:08 PM']
You broke the verse in the wrong spot. It reads "Let every person be subordinate to the higher authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been established by God." The "and" which you tried to split off into your second part, means that the clause is continuing. That means that the sentence syntax indicates this meaning: "for there is no authority except from God and for there is no authority except from those that exist have been established by God." That means that there are authorities not only tolerated by God, but established by God. Further, we believe that God Himself directs the Church. The Church, therefore, is a representative of God on earth and operates with His authority (thus Jesus hands on "all authority in heaven and on earth" to the Apostles in Matthew 28). So where you see a split between God's authority and the Church's authority, we do not, and nor do the Scriptures.
First, the Church has spiritual and human authority.

Second, how could God be against human authority, but be pleased when you follow it?

[color="#CC0000"]YHWH wants to be the only authority, pure and simple. Or he would not say he was rejected by the Israelites when they asked for a King? That is why he opposes human authority.[/color]

[color="#FF0000"]So he works with our level of faith, that we believe we need a King and human leadership, so he gives it to us. It's unfortunate though, because he could do so much more for humanity if we allowed him.[/color]

[color="#CC0000"]To obey YHWH by obeying Authority, therefore I obey and reject authority is not a contradiction, for when you obey YHWH by obeying authorities, by obeying the laws of YHWH than you take the authority away from a man and give it to YHWH. It is not a contradiction. It is strange, but YHWH works in mysterious ways.[/color]

We are not to follow laws which contradict God's law. That is a contradiction and the Scriptures do not support it.

[color="#FF0000"]Agreed. I obey YHWH's laws, and therefore I obey the laws of the society that are in agreement with them. Therefore I am not obeying the laws of the land, giving them power, but the laws of YHWH, giving him honour and glory. Therefore I reject human authority while obeying human authority, not for their sakes, but the sake of YHWH.[/color]

Nowhere in Scripture does it say that all organized government was established by Satan.

[color="#FF0000"]You're right, it does not say that Satan established government. But after you read the curses that YHWH cursed the nation of Israel with after they asked for a King, one can see the finger prints of Satan in their desire. There is no mention of the word Trinity in the Bible, and yet you believe that?[/color]

You are reading into the text and trying to find support for your preconceived ideas rather than listening to the Scriptures and seeing what they have to say to you.

[color="#FF0000"]I thought we need government and religion until a few months ago, which is when I read these scriptures, and realized these scriptures said otherwise. I was programmed like the rest of you, until two or three months ago.[/color]
[/quote]
Now I ask these question

What part of these scriptures don't you understand.

Give us a king to judge us.' And Samuel prayed unto the [b]LORD. And the LORD [/b]said unto Samuel: 'Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee; for they have not rejected thee, [b]but they have rejected Me, that I should not be king over them[/b]. According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, [b]in that they have forsaken Me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee.[/b]

They asked for a King, and YHWH says, they have rejected me, that I should not be king over them.

What part of that don't you understand?

There was no Human King in Israel before then, or they wouldn't be asking for a King? What part of that don't you understand?

I didn't believe this until recently. I have been programmed like the rest of you to believe we need government and religion to give us order in the world, when I read these scriptures, I saw the state of our world. How governments and religions have used us to destroy each other. They are not for us, and never have been. They are people only out for themselves and for power. They are so greedy for it, and they don't want to let go. But the very minds that I am here to free seem to be so dependant on the system they will not let go of it. I wish you luck.

Here is two scriptures that totally back this up

It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes. Psalm 118:9

Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. Psalm 143:3.

How are you going to respond to these scriptures I wonder. Am I taking them out of context to. Am I to put my trust in a human being or the Lord?

Why does YHWH then ask us not to trust them,

And Paul said this as well.

God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged. Romans 3:4.

I do not trust my leaders anymore. I will obey them because YHWH asks us to obey them, not to trust them or their authority. So I obey YHWH and by obeying YHWH and his laws, I obey the laws of the authorities, but not for the sake of obeying the authorities but to obey YHWH, therefore I take away a human leader's authority, and give YHWH all authority over me.

So it is not Anarchy, but what we call a Theocracy, meaning the divine rules in our world, not human beings. You should try it some time. It is true freedom.

And before you argue more, let me remind you,

Governments and Religions have faught unjust wars.
Governments and Religions have trampled the rights of women.
Governments and Religions have taxed us out of homes and prosperity.

Edited by FullTruth

[quote name='Raphael' post='1175999' date='Jan 25 2007, 04:08 PM']Nowhere in Scripture does it say that all organized government was established by Satan.

You are reading into the text and trying to find support for your preconceived ideas rather than listening to the Scriptures and seeing what they have to say to you.[/quote]Well said. When an assertion is made that "Government and Religion (are) instruments of Satan to opress us", and this view is opposed to Holy Scripture, it would be nice for you, FullTruth, to reconsider your views in light of this information. The devil has an amazing number of games that he likes to play. Chasing a secret 2,000 year old conspiracy, or arguing that government and religion are Satan's instruments to cause us harm, or whatever...

Focusing on these witchhunts don't bring us closer to God. They don't help a person focus on his own faults and attachment to sin (experiencing the virtue of humility). Instead, the focus is on trying to find fault in others. Paraphrasing the Holy Gospel, "don't focus on the splinter in someone else's eye until we've taken out the log in our own eye." It's all the worse that the "someone else" in this case isn't even a specific person--it's just a faceless "government/religious" organization!

cmotherofpirl

"They asked for a King, and YHWH says, they have rejected me, that I should not be king over them.

There was no Human King in Israel before then, or they wouldn't be asking for a King? What part of that don't you understand?"

1 Sam 8:1 When Samuel became old, he made his sons judges over Israel. 2The name of his firstborn son was Joel, and the name of his second, Abijah; they were judges in Beer-sheba. 3Yet his sons did not follow in his ways, but turned aside after gain; they took bribes and perverted justice.

You can see why the Israelites wanted a king, and God did grant teir request.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1175931' date='Jan 25 2007, 02:56 PM']
That is why the believers gather together in synogogues in the nation of Israel, to share the truths they learned from the scriptures. Remember, they didn't have the complete book of Prophecy we have.[/quote]

When was this practice, if it ever existed? Before God gave Abraham the single Authority to speak to the Israelites for God? Then that authority past to his blessed son, to his blessed son, and so on, until God sat up Kings of Israel, and High Priest, then Christ, then to the Popes.

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1175931' date='Jan 25 2007, 02:56 PM']So what I am proposing is the dismantelling of religion, but the sharing of truths each of us learns from the word of YHWH.
[/quote]

Do you understand what you are asking? We in the Church are the body of Christ. So are the bishops and Pope. Yet they in a sense are more the neck, and Christ is the Head. You are effectually asking to separate the body from the head. Decapitation of Christ.

Also what happens when there is great disagree between which truth is truth? If there is no authority who speaks for God, there is no way to know which truth is true. And you would have relativism.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote]"They only had judges who would guide them, and lead them. There was no Human leadership at all. Only YHWH was king of the nation of Israel."[/quote]

Yes, like that part in the Old Testament where Korah stands up to Moses and declares that anyone can be a priest since everyone is equal... Yhwh was totally on Korah's side.........right? ;)

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1176056' date='Jan 25 2007, 05:29 PM']
"They asked for a King, and YHWH says, they have rejected me, that I should not be king over them.

There was no Human King in Israel before then, or they wouldn't be asking for a King? What part of that don't you understand?"
1 Sam 8:1 When Samuel became old, he made his sons judges over Israel. 2The name of his firstborn son was Joel, and the name of his second, Abijah; they were judges in Beer-sheba. 3Yet his sons did not follow in his ways, but turned aside after gain; they took bribes and perverted justice.

You can see why the Israelites wanted a king, and God did grant teir request.
[/quote]
Yes he did, but he did say it was a rejection of him.

Haven't you given in to a spoiled child screaming for Ice Cream. They were bad, and to quiet them, you gave them something, knowing you are giving into them. That is what YHWH did when he gave them a King. He gave a bunch of spoiled children who didn't trust YHWH to raise up a righteous Judge to lead them. They were of little faith.

That's what happened there. YHWH considered it a rejection of him. Scripture says so. He considered it a rejection of his kingship, and we need to remember that. We should not obey human authority for the human's sake, but submit our will to YHWH and obey human authority for the sake of YHWH. Hence we give the authority to YHWH and not the human.

I believe this is what Yeshua meant by having the Kingdom of YHWH in our hearts. YHWH is the one who has the authority over us. So when a president or any other human tells us to do something in error, we can immediately say, not me. It is a great responsibility and a great freedom at the same time, because we now know we must work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. There is no margain for error in our lives now, because if we err, we live not in the Kingdom. But at the same time, we are free from the decisions of our Leaders, because we can honestly say -

"YHWH didn't want this for us. But we chose evil, and President/Prime Minister/Dictator/UN chancellor/ect/ect/ect did something that is against YHWH and the will of YHWH. May YHWH have mercy on their souls."

To give you a real life example of this out of my life.

When I was at the annual downtown planning meeting, several business owners thought it was a good idea to put Survailance camera's to 'make the downtown safe'.

We hear a lot about that lately. More survailance to be safe. Most Christians who don't look past we are to obey our leaders, without thinking why we should, thought the idea is good. After all, if you're not doing anything wrong, its okay. Doesn't hurt them.
In my spirit, I was totally against it. This survailance society thing is leading us closer and closer to the total survailence of the Kingdom of the Anti-Christ. So why are we taking more and more steps taking us closer. Should we not speak out and say, no and this is evil. Is that evil to do so. Is it evil for me to say - I will not submit to survailance cameras in my downtown?

So I wrote a story on it. Is it not my right to do so. Was it not my right to point out that the privacy commissioner of Canada considered a similar case to be against the Canadain privacy laws.

I obey the laws of the land and accept the authority of those in charge and what they want, as long as it doesn't offend the spirit of YHWH.

On the ethnic cleansing of the Holy Land for the original nation of Israel. There were reasons for it. Reasons you all should realized. Idoltry.

Did you know that many of the peoples of those lands sacrificed babies. You tell me, if you were YHWH would you want such taints on your people?

Today, such things are not practiced by religions. It is time for us to grow up as a people and start working with each other. There are far greater fish to fry than Protestants versus Catholics. Trintarians versus Modalists, Arians and Unitarians. Christians against Jews and Muslims. Jews versus Muslims and Christians, and Muslims against Jews and Christians.

Remember, we are to put the enemies of Yeshua under his feet. We are commanded to step on the head of the serpent. So lets not focus on the differences of each religion and fight the real fight - against Satan, and enter into spiritual warfare against the Kingdom of Darkness.

Edited by FullTruth

KnightofChrist

But how do you find The Truth, in a sea of "truths?" How do you solve great disagreement between two, or thousands of sides without a single final authority?

How can we take out the neck of the body of Christ, without decapitating Christ?

[quote]Korah (...) became insolent and rose up against Moses. With them were 250 Israelite men, well-known community leaders who had been appointed members of the council. They came as a group to oppose Moses and Aaron and said to them, [size=4][b]"You have gone too far! The whole community is holy, every one of them, and the LORD is with them. Why then do you set yourselves above the LORD's assembly?"[/b][/size][/quote]

Does this bear a striking resemblance to [i]people[/i] we know? :rolleyes:

Do you know what became of Korah and his followers?

Numbers 16:1-50

Edited by mortify

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1176289' date='Jan 25 2007, 10:59 PM']
But how do you find The Truth, in a sea of "truths?" How do you solve great disagreement between two, or thousands of sides without a single final authority?

How can we take out the neck of the body of Christ, without decapitating Christ?
[/quote]

You don't. You work with them, and they work with you.

The differences between the Abrahamic faiths are peebles at worst compared to the differences of Bhuddism and Hinduism, and other non-abrahamic faiths.

The church that YHWH founded was scattered across the globe and each came together to work with each other. I'm not against the Catholic Faith. In fact I'm for the Catholic Faith and the Protestant faiths, and Arians, Modalists, Unitarians, and Judaism, and Islam.

Unfortunately, I am not the norm in the 'Christian World' because the 'Christian World' has been brainwashed to be against each other.

Call me a revolutionary.

I don't think the Catholic Church is the Mystery of Babylon. You guys weren't around to kill the Prophets. So there has to be something else that meets that description, or else YHWH is a liar.

And the fact it is called the Mystery of Babylon, and I have talked about the Mystery Religions of Babylon and Egypt trying to destroy us and corrupt basic teachings of YHWH such as 6-day creationism. Yes, I think the idea of Evolution came right out of their lying mouths. Well, think about it for a second. It meets prophecy. The Mystery of Babylon is the Mystery Religions of Babylon and Egypt. Kinda makes sense doesn't it, or at least I hope it does for you. To think such men and women haven't infiltrated each and every nation and religion to make them obey them is insane to think so.

One example is the Federal Reserve and Income Tax.

The Federal Reserve is owned by private bankers such as David Rockefeller and the Rothschild family, guess who I think they are - yup the followers of the mystery religions of Babylon and Egypt, and they print up the money the American government use to run all of our services, and the government pays that money back with interest because that money is considered a loan. Oh my goodness, can this be proven. Yes.

[url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4312730277175242198"]Watch and then buy America : From Freedom to Facism[/url].

This is a wonderful video, with dozens of sources. So it is not one source, but dozens showing us the travesty of the tax system in America. How these evil men are destroying us. The same tax system is practiced all over planet earth, and we wonder why there is so much violence and death and destruction in the world.

So we have a system that puts our nations into further and further debt, to line the pockets of the Rockefellers and Rothschilds. If you ask me, I think the Rockefellers and Rothschilds should be strung up by the toes for hours for what they have done. Call me cruel, but such evil should not be tolerated, because that national debt affects us. It's called poverty.

They own our countries. Are we to trust the leaders of our countries then, NO! But we are to obey them, as long as what they ask doesn't offend the spirit of YHWH.

[url="http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/bloodlines/freeman.htm"]The fact that the Rockefellers and Rothschilds and other bloodlines claim they can trace their roots back to King David is disturbing, because such people can meet the description of the Mystery of Babylon, because they can kill the prohpets easily, because they were there in those times. They trace their roots to King David not because they were descendants of his children, but only one of his children, Solomon. If you think for a second having 700 wives and 300 concubines of the heathen nations didn't produce one child, I'd call you insane. . .[/url]

So we have families who are waring against the saints and who have destroyed the prophets. Why, because these sicko nut jobs are against a being the live and move and have their being in. Kinda futile if you ask me. That is why I know we win, no matter what they do. But as long as I am here. I want to help people out of the mind control these sicko nut jobs have done to us, and this is how we are to realize this freedom from them, and have the Gospel of the Kingdom of YHWH in our hearts.

We need the authority of YHWH in our lives, and by obeying YHWH and his laws we obey the laws of men and obey men, but we also make any human authority to no effect on our lives, because we are not obeying human authority but the authority of YHWH, thrus we obey and reject authority at the same time, giving us peace in our hearts we aren't obeying someone who is controlled by some very evil men, but we are obeying YHWH.

Honestly, the more you research these things, the more you realize these people are in charge. Which is why the Gospel of the Kingdom is so important. That YHWH is the authority and their authority is of no effect because we obey them not for their sake but for YHWH's sake, so YHWH will be glorified in our lives, and his salvation being declared through out the land, that Yeshua has defeated these evil men with his death on the cross.

Edited by FullTruth

cmotherofpirl

Nobody can do a bloodline back to King David.
Kings and Queens of England and back to Charlemagne, not hard. David? nope

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1176433' date='Jan 26 2007, 12:32 AM']
Nobody can do a bloodline back to King David.
Kings and Queens of England and back to Charlemagne, not hard. David? nope
[/quote]
Cmom, you're kidding right.

Solomon probably had hundreds of children with his heathen wives. That kind of family tree goes on for centuries, even millenium.

And the fact many people say that would go a great deal to prove why the bible calls their families the Mystery of Babylon.

How could such a families trace their roots so far back? Sounds like a mystery to me. A mystery because they have hidden it well, and so we dismiss such things, while they work in secret bringing the kingdom of their master into reality, the Kingdom of the Anti-Christ.

And I would think you'd want someone to shift that prophecy from the Roman Catholic Church to point out the real threat.

Edited by FullTruth

KnightofChrist

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1176323' date='Jan 25 2007, 11:33 PM']
You don't. You work with them, and they work with you.
[/quote]

All well and good but how? Without a Head to decide when the two sides will not, how can the body work?

ps

It is good of you to think good of Catholics :saint:

[quote]Religion and Government fulfill the prophecies of Samuel. Face it, Government and Religion weren't institutions given to us by YHWH to help us, but instruments of Satan to opress us.[/quote]

FullTruth,

The passage in Samuel is referring to Israel's desire of a king who will govern them "like all the nations" (1 Sam. 8:5, 20). The kings of the nations surrounding Israel were wicked kings, and so YHWH was displeased that Israel was desiring to be like all these nations, instead of the special holy nation that YHWH wanted them to be. They weren't seeking of YHWH a "man after his own heart" (1 Sam. 13:14) like King David was.

There is nothing wrong with having a king so long as he is a holy king, a king who does the will of YHWH, a king whom YHWH will rule through, just as, how YHWH ruled through the Judges. But again, this is not what Israel was looking for, because they wanted to be not a holy nation set apart, but a nation like all the other wicked nations.

In our modern time, we know that we have to obey the leaders of our countries even though they may be wicked sometimes in their lives, but if they ask us to do something against the will of YHWH, then we will disobey (like for example if they ask us to abort our babies so that we keep the population down), because we would rather obey YHWH than sin. In things that don't cause us to sin, then we are to obey them because "there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God" (Rom. 13:1).

I know you said that you will obey the laws of society if they are in agreement with YHWH's laws, and that's good. However, you have to figure out from the Holy Bible exactly which laws are in agreement with YHWH's laws and which ones are not. But since you are not an infallible authority, you could make a mistake and misinterpret the Bible. You might think that the Holy Spirit is guiding you to a certain interpretation, where in fact, it might just be your own spirit. If YHWH's Holy Spirit is guiding each person in an individual interpretation of the Bible, than we would expect all of these individuals, who claim that the Holy Spirit is guiding them to interpret the Bible, to all agree on what the Bible says. But, we don't see that happening, in fact, we see many contradictions in the interpretations of people who make this claim. Of course, the Holy Spirit can not be the author of this confusion, it must then mean that some people's own spirits are guiding them, and some others are probably being guided by the evil spirit who is the "father of lies" (John 8:44).

Catholics have the benefit of the Catholic Church's Magisterim (Teaching Office of the Pope and Bishops in unity with him) which YHWH setup to help us interpret the Bible correctly when necessary in an offical manner, and in order to help us know which are YHWH's laws and which are not. YHWH's Holy Spirit rules through this Catholic Church, which is called the Body of Yeshua (Ysho' in Aramaic). This faith called Catholic Christianity is in fact a religion that YHWH setup, the religion of the New Testament which has been handed down to us from the beginning. It is the religion of the Apostles of Yeshua, for example, St. Paul says "Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of our religion" (1 Tim. 3:16, RSV).

This religion that St. Paul speaks of is the body of Yeshua, the Church, which is called by St. Paul in the previous verse (15) of the same letter as "the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth". This is how YHWH guides His people, through the Church that He setup. This is how we know that the Holy Spirit guarantees that this body of Yeshua will not fall into error, and that there will officially be no contradictions and confusion. The Holy Spirit who is truth will guide the Church "into all the truth" (John 16:13).

Catholics await the second coming of Yeshua the King of kings who will take to Himself His beloved bride the Church, and will say to her "Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world" (Matt. 25:34), and will say to the wicked, the immoral who refuse the love of YHWH "Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matt. 25:41).

Pray to YHWH that He will help you see the truth of His body the Church, so that together we can in unity await our Yeshua. The Church of Yeshua loves you.

YHWH bless you,

Rony

Edited by Rony Odish