An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Should A Christian Do If Someone Tells Them There Is A Trinity

FullTruth

Politely listen to them, point out all the scriptures that say YHWH is one lord, and that Yeshua means YHWH our righteousness, meaning Yeshua isn't a second part of the trinity, and the Holy Ghost is the spirit of YHWH working in our lives, and is not a separate part of YHWH either.

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1174686' date='Jan 24 2007, 09:57 AM']
Politely listen to them, point out all the scriptures that say YHWH is one lord, and that Yeshua means YHWH our righteousness, meaning Yeshua isn't a second part of the trinity, and the Holy Ghost is the spirit of YHWH working in our lives, and is not a separate part of YHWH either.
[/quote]

What is a Christian?

[quote name='ReinnieR' post='1174689' date='Jan 24 2007, 11:06 AM']
What is a Christian?
[/quote]

Someone who follows the Christ in spirit and in truth to the glory of YHWH, who is a spirit.

cmotherofpirl

But the Apostles were told to baptise in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, just like the Bible says, and that is the Trinity.
If you don't believe in th Trinity you are not a Christian, you would be in the same category as unitarians and mormons.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1174692' date='Jan 24 2007, 10:14 AM']
But the Apostles were told to baptise in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, just like the Bible says, and that is the Trinity.
If you don't believe in th Trinity you are not a Christian, you would be in the same category as unitarians and mormons.
[/quote]
exactly

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1174692' date='Jan 24 2007, 11:14 AM']
But the Apostles were told to baptise in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, lustlike the Bible says, and that is the Trinity.
[/quote]
And yet Peter, the rock that Yeshua built his church on, said -

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of [b]Jesus Christ[/b] for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Hmmm. Either Peter was being rebellious, or he was fulfilling the wish of his Lord?

And did you know, Jesus Christ's Aramaic name is Yeshua, and that means YHWH our rightousness.

YHWH created us as the Father. YHWH redeems us as the Son. YHWH renews us as the Holy Ghost. YHWH is not three persons, but one spirit who does three things. That is the truth of the Apostles, and if that is the truth of the Apostles, than that is good enough for me.

[quote] > What Should A Christian Do If Someone Tells Them There Is A Trinity[/quote]

Listen to them. They're trying to help you

goldenchild17

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1174701' date='Jan 24 2007, 11:37 AM']
And yet Peter, the rock that Yeshua built his church on, said -

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of [b]Jesus Christ[/b] for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Hmmm. Either Peter was being rebellious, or he was fulfilling the wish of his Lord?

And did you know, Jesus Christ's Aramaic name is Yeshua, and that means YHWH our rightousness.

YHWH created us as the Father. YHWH redeems us as the Son. YHWH renews us as the Holy Ghost. YHWH is not three persons, but one spirit who does three things. That is the truth of the Apostles, and if that is the truth of the Apostles, than that is good enough for me.
[/quote]

mmm... so you would can Jesus a liar, correct? He told them to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost and yet He knew this was false and meant something entirely different. But just felt like decieving many people. That's one messed up Christ to believe in if you ask me.

[quote] And did you know, Jesus Christ's Aramaic name is Yeshua, and that means YHWH our rightousness.[/quote]

To be more precise, Christ's name in Hebrew was "Yeshua," the English of which is "Joshua."

The Hebrew name "Joshua" is translated "the Lord is my salvation." A very appropriate name for the savior of humanity, in my opinion.

So, Yeshua=The Lord is my salvation, not the inutterable name YHWH. They are different names, both in Hebrew, Aramaic, and English.

God Bless!

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1174723' date='Jan 24 2007, 12:13 PM']
mmm... so you would can Jesus a liar, correct? He told them to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost and yet He knew this was false and meant something entirely different. But just felt like decieving many people. That's one messed up Christ to believe in if you ask me.
[/quote]

No, he said to baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, and that name is Yeshua, YHWH our righteousness, because YHWH the one undivided spirit is the Father through creation, the Son through redemption, and the Holy Ghost through renewal.

No great mystery to me. One name, one being, one will, one lord, one, one, one. No three persons in that.

These are just titles that YHWH relates to us as humanity so we can understand him.

[quote name='tonyofpadua' post='1174751' date='Jan 24 2007, 01:04 PM']
To be more precise, Christ's name in Hebrew was "Yeshua," the English of which is "Joshua."

The Hebrew name "Joshua" is translated "the Lord is my salvation." A very appropriate name for the savior of humanity, in my opinion.

So, Yeshua=The Lord is my salvation, not the inutterable name YHWH. They are different names, both in Hebrew, Aramaic, and English.

God Bless!
[/quote]
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeshua"]Read this wikipedia[/url]. Yeshua does contain YHWH in it. Sorry tonyofpadua. The Hebrew still calls him YHWH.

If you want more articles, I can give you as many as you would like.

I'm not just throwing some thing off to people, so they will be confused. Yeshua means YHWH our saving cry, or YHWH our salvation or YHWH or righteousness.

Yeshua is still YHWH. Not a second part of YHWH, but YHWH our salvation and our rightesousness.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1174758' date='Jan 24 2007, 01:27 PM']
No, he said to baptize in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, and that name is Yeshua, YHWH our righteousness, because YHWH the one undivided spirit is the Father through creation, the Son through redemption, and the Holy Ghost through renewal.

No great mystery to me. One name, one being, one will, one lord, one, one, one. No three persons in that.

These are just titles that YHWH relates to us as humanity so we can understand him.
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeshua"]Read this wikipedia[/url]. Yeshua does contain YHWH in it. Sorry tonyofpadua. The Hebrew still calls him YHWH.

I'm not just throwing some thing off to people, so they will be confused. Yeshua means YHWH our saving cry, or YHWH our salvation or YHWH or righteousness.

Yeshua is still YHWH. Not a second part of YHWH, but YHWH our salvation and our rightesousness.
[/quote]
Beleif in the Trinity is the basis of Christianity. If you do not believe in the Trinity you are not Christian.
Jesus name is Yeshua "the Lord is my Salvation."Jesus is the Son Of God, as distinct from God the Father.
It says right in Scipture to Baptise in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Those are 3 distinct persons.

[quote] Yeshua does contain YHWH in it. Sorry tonyofpadua. The Hebrew still calls him YHWH.

Yeshua is still YHWH. Not a second part of YHWH, but YHWH our salvation and our rightesousness.[/quote]

Your logic is flawed. And that Wiki article doesn't exactly help you. You misunderstand Hebrew. Let me explain.

"Yeshua" is composed of two parts. The first ?????? , or [i]Yehu[/i], meaning the Jahvist name for God. The second is ?????, or [i]shua[/i], a noun meaning, in a nutshell...salvation.

Yehu + shua = YESHUA

By your logic you say that because the name Yeshua has the Jahvist name of God in it, that means that YHWH (Yahweh) and Yeshua are one in the same entity.

However, my Hebrew name is Daniel. ??????????, Meaning "God is my judge." This name is also composed of two parts: Dani, and El. Dani is hebrew for judge. El is short for God (Elohim), in the exact same way it's used in Joshua.

So if Yeshua is the same entity as God because he has YHWH in his name, I too must be the same entity as God, because I have Elohim in my name, right?

Sorry, but I am not God, nor am I a judge.

I hope this clears up your confusion, and I'm sorry if some people can't see the Hebrew.

+JMJ+

Note: After reviewing the post it seems the Hebrew doesn't show up, but I hope you'll get the gist anyway.

Edited by tonyofpadua

she_who_is_not

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1174758' date='Jan 24 2007, 01:27 PM']

[/quote]

I'm sorry but you'll have to find a more credible source that wikipedia to convince me. peace.
ajj

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1174800' date='Jan 24 2007, 02:01 PM']
I'm sorry but you'll have to find a more credible source that wikipedia to convince me. peace.
ajj
[/quote]
Here's some more then.

[url="http://www.direct.ca/trinity/yehoshua.html"]Yehoshua, Yeshua or Yeshu; Which one is the name of Jesus in Hebrew?[/url]

[url="http://www.etz-chayim.org/articles/yeshua-yahweh.html"]Is Yeshua YHWH[/url]

h[url="http://www.kolumbus.fi/gematria/YHWH.htm"]ttp://www.kolumbus.fi/gematria/YHWH.htm[/url]

Joshua means "YHWH is Salvation" (Strong's). The Savior was named Yahushua because that is what the angel said it was supposed to mean. Yahushua literally means YHWH is salvation: "He (YHWH) shall save His (YHWH's) people from their sins." Psalm 100 and Strong's concordance or your dictionary will confirm this fact.

There are so many articles that I can pull up, because the truth stands for it self.

But I am reminded of something, that I will restate again.

There are seven spirits of the seven churches before the throne of YHWH always. That means there is always going to be seven different ideas about YHWH forever. I never realized that until now.

Religions are made by men to create strife. Modalists and Arians against Trinitarians. Catholics versus Protestants. Muslims agains Jews and Christians. Jews against Christians and Muslims. County against Country. The divisions go on and on because there are a group of very powerful men who want to see humanity divided so they can go unhindered creating the Kingdom of the Anti-Christ, their master.

I just realized something. Modalists, Arians, Trinitarians, Catholics, Protestants, Muslims, and Jews are all part of the Abrahamic traditions. That makes seven. Could it be that these are the seven churches of YHWH on the earth to fight the coming darkness? There are those that YHWH has called out to be warriors for him, to show the light of YHWH into a dark and dying world?

Edited by FullTruth