An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is The Worst Heresy?

Resurrexi

What is the worst heresy?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

im not sure all of these qualify as heresies.... and i think one is as bad as the other because they all deprive you of Heaven.

Thy Geekdom Come

The worst heresy? The worst heresy is that by which one condemns others for their every thought and act, justly or unjustly, reasonably or unreasonably, yet seeks to present himself before the world as perfect; by it, he both denies God's merciful love and places himself upon God's throne.

I know I've struggled with it. I think it's also the heresy with the greatest grasp.

Well, you can include Modalism with Arianism. I know Arianism is a distinct heresy from Modalism, but they are both similar in that they deny the Blessed Trinity.

goldenchild17

I'll take modernism in this poll. I tend to think that all of the other heresies (and many others besides) in the poll can and do result from modernist teachings.

Can we put the trinity up there. I consider that the worst Heresy.

YHWH doesn't suffer from multiple personalities.

Wow, a lot of people voted for Arianism and Modalism. A whole zero votes. I guess it isn't such a great Heresy after all. At least in the minds of people.

No divine trinity in my world. Only the Oneness of YHWH!

Edited by FullTruth

goldenchild17

I'd say modalism develops the worst case of multiple personality disorder in history. If he really is only one person then why pretend to be three people and do different things as different people?

catholic_apologetics

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1174684' date='Jan 24 2007, 10:51 AM']

Wow, a lot of people voted for Arianism and Modalism. A whole zero votes. I guess it isn't such a great Heresy after all. At least in the minds of people.

[/quote]

Unfortunately you are worshiping a false god. You have rejected God as He truly is, three divine persons, one God. You need to read the early debates regarding trinitarian theology if you are to save your soul. Once you comprehend and understand God as Trinity you will see that there is indeed one God, and that he exists in three persons.

[quote name='catholic_apologetics' post='1174741' date='Jan 24 2007, 08:44 AM']
Unfortunately you are worshiping a false god. You have rejected God as He truly is, three divine persons, one God. You need to read the early debates regarding trinitarian theology if you are to save your soul. Once you comprehend and understand God as Trinity you will see that there is indeed one God, and that he exists in three persons.
[/quote]

Way to go on being an "effective" sharer of Truth. In case you didn't catch it, I was being rather sarcastic.

In your attempt to "explain" the faith (which was done without understanding or compassion) you have put judgment on a soul who you have yet to understand why they reject the dogma of the Trinity. Try to dialogue and ask why they believe in such a way and you might be more successful in your attempt to share Truth.

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1174684' date='Jan 24 2007, 06:51 AM']

[/quote]

What is your understanding of the Trinity?

catholic_apologetics

[quote name='traichuoi' post='1174778' date='Jan 24 2007, 01:40 PM']
Way to go on being an "effective" sharer of Truth. In case you didn't catch it, I was being rather sarcastic.[/quote]

I did not know your personal opinion of me had any relavence.

[quote]In your attempt to "explain" the faith (which was done without understanding or compassion) you have put judgment on a soul who you have yet to understand why they reject the dogma of the Trinity. Try to dialogue and ask why they believe in such a way and you might be more successful in your attempt to share Truth.
[/quote]

Success isn't based on one post on a youth forum.

Thy Geekdom Come

The side argument may end now. Take it to private messages and watch out for charity.

Anyway, the Trinity is not a heresy. God is one. No one denies that. Nor would we say that God suffers from multiple personality (dissociative) disorder.