An Old School Catholic Message Board

Assisi And The Neo-catholic Defense

mortify

Any opinions on what happened in Assisi in 1986? I'm guessing this is debatable?

[i]"It would seem that some people still don't get it. Even after all the venerable conciliar decrees have been trotted out, after all the patristic citations have been stacked up, after all the Scripture verses have been lined up, and after all the voices of ancient popes have been summoned to give testimony, some people still don't get it. They still want to believe that the World Day of Prayer at Assisi, held once in 1986, and again in 2002, an event conceived, planned, and executed by Pope John Paul II, did not betray the Faith."[/i]

[mod]Link removed. --Era Might[/mod]

*note, this person is in full communion with Rome (i.e. not a rad trad) and I encourage seeing the entire article before passing judgement otherwise.

You really need to read Ratzinger's book, "Truth and Tolerance". Quite clearly there is much you don't understand. More Catholic Than the Pope, by Patrick Madrid is another fine suggestion.

Edited by thessalonian

Sorry to break it to ya, but Jacob Michael is indeed a radical traditionalist. I've done my research, and he's apparently an SSPXer.