An Old School Catholic Message Board

Graphic Pictures Of Abortions

Lil Red

Graphic Pictures of Abortions  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IcePrincessKRS

Honestly, my opinion on this one fluctuates. Personally, as a mother, it makes me ill to look at (didn't used to have quite such a strong effect on me, but now...). On the other hand sometimes seeing that image is what makes people realize what abortion truly is--some people probably just thing we're morbid fanatics, but there are those out there that have no clue what actually happens, seeing the images makes an impact.

Yesterday was our local Walk for Life, I drove behind the group in case anyone got too cold and needed a ride to the end, but sitting there in my car I got to see the faces of all those driving past. Some pointedly avoided looking, some nodded, some shook their heads... the one that stands out the most was the girl (probably in her late teens, possibly early 20s) who saw the large sign one man was carrying and turned to look as she passed; her expression was one of shock and, I think, horror, I could clearly see her mouth forming the words "Oh my god!" It was pretty clear to me that she had no idea what abortion does to a baby until that moment.

I suppose in the long run I think the good that can occur by using images of aborted babies probably outweighs the bad; the people who think we're fanatics probably already thought that anyway.

cmotherofpirl

The truth will set you free.
Slice and dice supporters should have no problems looking at the slaughter, after all THEY condone it.

I agree with Cmom, but I also think it depends on the situation. I dont think I would use it amongst a large group of prolifers wearing 'I regret my abortion' pins

I don't really know what I think about those. They can certainly be effective, but when you're carrying signs like that anyone who walks by can see them - including little kids. I don't like the idea of exposing small children to pictures of such horrible violence.

franciscanheart

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1173164' date='Jan 22 2007, 01:33 PM']
Honestly, my opinion on this one fluctuates. Personally, as a mother, it makes me ill to look at (didn't used to have quite such a strong effect on me, but now...). On the other hand sometimes seeing that image is what makes people realize what abortion truly is--some people probably just thing we're morbid fanatics, but there are those out there that have no clue what actually happens, seeing the images makes an impact.

Yesterday was our local Walk for Life, I drove behind the group in case anyone got too cold and needed a ride to the end, but sitting there in my car I got to see the faces of all those driving past. Some pointedly avoided looking, some nodded, some shook their heads... the one that stands out the most was the girl (probably in her late teens, possibly early 20s) who saw the large sign one man was carrying and turned to look as she passed; her expression was one of shock and, I think, horror, I could clearly see her mouth forming the words "Oh my god!" It was pretty clear to me that she had no idea what abortion does to a baby until that moment.

I suppose in the long run I think the good that can occur by using images of aborted babies probably outweighs the bad; the people who think we're fanatics probably already thought that anyway.
[/quote]
That gives me chills. (I too waver.)

homeschoolmom

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1173179' date='Jan 22 2007, 01:51 PM']
The truth will set you free.
Slice and dice supporters should have no problems looking at the slaughter, after all THEY condone it.
[/quote]
No, they shouldn't have a problem. But my kids do. That's why I don't go to marches-- I never know what they will see.

littleflower+JMJ

I stand by Fr. Frank Pavone when he says [b]America Will Not Reject Abortion Until America Sees Abortion[/b]

Now does this mean you use these images for a 1st grade CCD class? No.

But for the marches I would say they would be very effective.

No one can ignore the truth that is in those pictures.

And it is those hardcore pro-abortion people who may not know what their fighting for without those pictures.

They could also play a major role in involving participation in defending life by the horror that abortion really is.

As for the marches, anyone of any age, should understand and prepare themselves with what they will be encountering. That way if they do, they already have an understanding and knowledge of what it is and what's happening with both sides. However, with the awful stuff the anti-lifers do, I would not advise anyone too young. They have mercy on no one. <_<

cmotherofpirl

Children should not attend marches. They should not be exposed to the vile attacks perpetrated by the slice and dice crowd.

Kids shouldn't be exposed to either side that shows up at marches because it promotes an environment of fighting instead of civil honest debate. It's just adults yelling at other adults and throwing fairly hateful words around without ever trying to convince anyone of anything. I'd venture to say the girl who said "Oh my G-d" was an anomoly in the protest because the people who show up are usually too firm to be swayed either way. We should teach kids about dialogue and rhetoric not blitz manuvers to shock and awe.

yeah.. I saw a youtube vid once of people wearing cutouts with pictures of aborted fetuses on them, it was on some random sidewalk or something. I am happy to see people that are ecstatic about being against abortion, but I don't think that is the place for it.. because I wouldn't want kids seeing that.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1173379' date='Jan 22 2007, 04:59 PM']The Center for Bio-Ethical Reform is basicly the best thing for the Pro-life movement.[/quote]so you believe graphic pictures are okay? :unsure: i had to google the organization you cite because i've never heard of them.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1173383' date='Jan 22 2007, 07:04 PM']
so you believe graphic pictures are okay? :unsure: i had to google the organization you cite because i've never heard of them.
[/quote]

Yes. America didn't start to reject racism until we saw Emmitt Till's body. Our nation won't reject abortion until we can see it.