An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Shall We Do In Iraq?

Gadfly

There are tons of debates on whether or not we should have gone into Iraq. Frankly this would have been splendid in 2002. But what should we do now and what will the consequences be?

Edited by Gadfly

stay.

finish the job.

let the Iraqis take over eventually.

if we leave now, it will undo everything because they cant handle it on their own yet.

Edited by Didymus

Groo the Wanderer

Nuke 'em till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark!

er...

bad Groo! :spanking:

I mean...finish the job, use whatever force is necessary. Make the Iraqis take over the grunt work, since it IS their country :rolleyes:

Remember shock and awe? Shoulda done it methinks....prolly wouldn't have the problems we have now. A few Daisy-cutters on top of villages harboring the terrorists would change some minds muy pronto.

As for us back home...pray pray pray.

[quote name='Didymus' post='1164268' date='Jan 14 2007, 09:56 AM']
stay.

finish the job.

if we leave now, it will undo everything because they cant handle it on their own yet.
[/quote]
Si, i agree

[quote name='Didymus' post='1164268' date='Jan 14 2007, 09:56 AM']
stay.

finish the job.

[/quote]
that about sums it up

even though we probably should have stayed out of there in the first place

I have no idea which overused, cliched, partisan soundbite is more accurate in this case:

"We need to stay the course and finish the job. Leaving now would be a disaster."

OR

"We need to bring the troops home as soon as possible. Too many have died already. *tear*"

goldenchild17

[quote name='Gadfly' post='1164229' date='Jan 14 2007, 08:09 AM']
There are tons of debates on whether or not we should have gone into Iraq. Frankly this would have been splendid in 2002. But what should we do now and what will the consequences be?
[/quote]

What should WE do? Don't know about you, but I'm not going to do anything about it. I'm staying far away from there.

[quote name='goldenchild17' post='1164627' date='Jan 14 2007, 06:28 PM']I'm not going to do anything about it. I'm staying far away from there.
[/quote]

from the issue or from Iraq itself? :idontknow:

I am tired of the sucess-is-not-an-option crowd telling us that we need to bring our troops home to protect them. What a joke! Congress can't protect our troops and these fanatics have already shown that they have no problem coming here and attacking us. I would rather that they stya in their own neighborhood and play with our troops who are a little better prepared to deal with them than I am.

Honestly.

Pray

get the bloody media out of the way.

As a soldier, it seems that tactically there is fear of doing much with the media always trying to make the army look blood thirsty. Get the media out, get some psyop in and the war is done in less than 3-6 months.

We have a mission there to set Iraq up for success as a democracy. In today's instant gratification culture in America, people forget that transitioning to a democracy is a long and painful process for people used to a dictatorship.

This will take time. We as Americans need to smell of elderberries it up and drive on.

We as Catholics need to pray that it takes less time and not more. We need to pray for the souls of our soldiers. Praying for their safety is fine, but praying for their souls is far more important.

Regarding the "Bring our troops home to keep them safe" crowd. @^%#%@$@^@%#&!!!!!!!

The members of the Armed Forces put their lives in harms way INTENTIONALLY, because if they don't, who will?

Being a soldier is a dangerous profession. We go overseas and get shot at and blown up, so the average American doesn't have to. It's a sacrifice that any self-respecting soldier understands and accepts.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1164276' date='Jan 14 2007, 10:18 AM']
Nuke 'em till they glow, then shoot 'em in the dark!

er...
bad Groo! :spanking:
I mean...finish the job, use whatever force is necessary. Make the Iraqis take over the grunt work, since it IS their country :rolleyes:
[/quote]
[size=1]yea I know! it IS their country! Their own garbage hole! I dont know why we helped them at all! They got themselves into this mess by being worthless and beliving in their false religion of hate!
I think we should just leave them to be killed off by their leaders. it would be better for the rest of us.

:ohno:
[/size]

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1166172' date='Jan 15 2007, 05:36 PM']
I am tired of the sucess-is-not-an-option crowd telling us that we need to bring our troops home to protect them. What a joke! Congress can't protect our troops and these fanatics have already shown that they have no problem coming here and attacking us. I would rather that they stya in their own neighborhood and play with our troops who are a little better prepared to deal with them than I am.
[/quote]
Honestly the whole idea of protecting our troops is overrated.
I mean those who are soldiers became soldiers on their own accord. They are trained to fight. It's what they're meant to do, it's what they want to do. If ever I meet a soldier who doesn't want to go protect his own country, I would disgrace him. He doesn't deserve to be one.
I am going into the Air Force and I would do anything to protect my home. And the one's I love.

We do what me must, the details are upto the American individual.

Call me crazy but, We seem to be back in the same state that we were when the Holy Mother came to Fatima and promised the end of WWI.

Pray for peace. Always.

Edited by GloriaIesusChristi

[quote name='Red Knight' post='1166703' date='Jan 16 2007, 04:41 PM']Being a soldier is a dangerous profession. We go overseas and get shot at and blown up, so the average American doesn't have to. It's a sacrifice that any self-respecting soldier understands and accepts.
[/quote]

Saddam never attacked the US mainland and never made any threats to. I doubt the average American had much to fear...