An Old School Catholic Message Board

Alcohol

Guest NYK007

Hi guys,

As a newly registered user I want to say hi to everyone else who uses this forum. Alchohal drinking is like a fashion. Christmas time is all about gathering with the ones you love and celebration During the festivities, plenty of drink will flow, but which ones should you be serving this Christmas. Thanks

NYK
[url="http://www.alcoholisminformation.org"]Alcoholism Information [/url]

[quote name='rachael' post='1760095' date='Jan 24 2009, 10:05 AM']why was this thread bumped? :unsure:[/quote]

To give NYK07 some drink recipes for Christmas.

:unsure:

By the way, that site link he posted is terrible.
Looks like a really bad translation from an Asian language, or maybe the person who wrote it was on a drinking binge.......

[quote name='Paddington' post='1760217' date='Jan 24 2009, 02:07 PM']To give NYK07 some drink recipes for Christmas.

:unsure:[/quote]
:woot:

cmotherofpirl

People its NOT christmas and most hindus DO NOT drink, so do ya really think you should try this link??? Or is the point to warn us not to drink?
sounds a bit spammish to me.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1760380' date='Jan 24 2009, 03:32 PM']People its NOT christmas and most hindus DO NOT drink, so do ya really think you should try this link??? Or is the point to warn us not to drink?
sounds a bit spammish to me.[/quote]

I was thinking that this was a spam-bot that someone forgot to turn off.

(Or maybe it escaped and gained sentience...)

• 2 months later...
Guest mercyjohnsoon

Getting back to the alcoholism issue on hand, initially, a person who imbibed too often was called a "dipsomaniac" and alcoholism was called dipsomania. However, lately and particularly now, Alcoholism is referred to as a disease. This reference has made it more socially acceptable to admit to alcoholism and subsequently seek treatment for alcoholism.

[url="http://www.alcoholabuse.com/alcoholism.html?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=pv&utm_campaign=alcoholism"]Alcoholism[/url]

[quote name='mercyjohnsoon' post='1827458' date='Apr 7 2009, 09:02 AM']Getting back to the alcoholism issue on hand, initially, a person who imbibed too often was called a "dipsomaniac" and alcoholism was called dipsomania. However, lately and particularly now, Alcoholism is referred to as a disease. This reference has made it more socially acceptable to admit to alcoholism and subsequently seek treatment for alcoholism.

[url="http://www.alcoholabuse.com/alcoholism.html?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=pv&utm_campaign=alcoholism"]Alcoholism[/url][/quote]
That site is for quitters. Are you a quitter?

[quote name='Winchester' post='1827582' date='Apr 7 2009, 11:53 AM']That site is for quitters. Are you a quitter?[/quote]
I think you are.