An Old School Catholic Message Board

Come And See

Totus Tuus

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1162770' date='Jan 12 2007, 03:25 PM']
Are you going to go, Lauren? You mentioned a little while back that you were still interested in PCPA's...
[/quote]

No, but I thought they might like the Phatmass publicity ^_^

HeavenlyCalling

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1162776' date='Jan 12 2007, 04:29 PM']
[/quote]
I am sure that they would!!! I have a quick question I hope someone out there can awnser. When a girl enters there, can she choose between the older version of the habit ( with the plain veil) and the newer ( with the coif), or does she just wear the new one?

Also, I thought that there was another younger woman looking to enter the noviciate, did she leave, or am I just missing her on the website?

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1162792' date='Jan 12 2007, 03:35 PM']
I am sure that they would!!! I have a quick question I hope someone out there can awnser. When a girl enters there, can she choose between the older version of the habit ( with the plain veil) and the newer ( with the coif), or does she just wear the new one?

Also, I thought that there was another younger woman looking to enter the noviciate, did she leave, or am I just missing her on the website?
[/quote]

The habit the very old sister is wearing is not the traditional PCPA habit. New sisters would wear the traditional headgear and habit :)

I don't know about the postulant from El Paso. Perhaps the picture here: [url="http://www.stjosephmonastery.com/"]http://www.stjosephmonastery.com/[/url] was taken before she entered. HisChild might know ^_^

HeavenlyCalling

I dont think so, because she was there went the sister who is a novice now was a postulents, they both were, she may have left *wracks brain*...

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1162804' date='Jan 12 2007, 03:49 PM']
I dont think so, because she was there went the sister who is a novice now was a postulents, they both were, she may have left *wracks brain*...
[/quote] What is *wracks brain* ? just wondering ... :j

[quote name='Margaret Clare' post='1162806' date='Jan 12 2007, 03:51 PM']
What is *wracks brain* ? just wondering ... :j
[/quote] Ah, okay .. it's an expression referring to yourself ..wracking your brain, trying to remember .. I'm a little slow :blush:

But yeah, I remember seeing this young postulant with the other postulant there too. She's in the video on the site - click on video. The background music is rather strange for traditional clositered nuns .. probably chosen by the produces of the online video .. :j

Maybe God is calling her to something different .. Let's say a prayer for her .. :pray:

[quote name='Margaret Clare' post='1162815' date='Jan 12 2007, 04:07 PM']
Ah, okay .. it's an expression referring to yourself ..wracking your brain, trying to remember .. I'm a little slow :blush:

But yeah, I remember seeing this young postulant with the other postulant there too. She's in the video on the site - click on video. The background music is rather strange for traditional clositered nuns .. probably chosen by the produces of the online video .. :j

Maybe God is calling her to something different .. Let's say a prayer for her .. :pray:
[/quote]

You may be referring to a sister who did leave and entered a different community ^_^

HeavenlyCalling

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1162776' date='Jan 12 2007, 04:29 PM']
[/quote]
Maybe that is her, do you happen to know where she entered?

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1162892' date='Jan 12 2007, 03:46 PM']
Maybe that is her, do you happen to know where she entered?
[/quote]

I was there and now am back home. ..am I who you thought of? While I'm not considering PCPA life, I am still discerning religious life. . .PM me if you would like :D:

God bless you.

Denise

The girl in the video is (Sr. . .no longer) Rebecca. She never made it to the novitiate. She had been in AL, as far as I recall, and it didn't work there. . . and then went to Ohio, thinking she might be called there. That didn't work as well. She still hadn't entered any other community when I was there, but I think she was the one considering the one new community that is going to Russia? Can't remember if that was her. But no, she never was in the novitiate.

I thought someone else had just entered the postulancy, but she's no longer on the website, so who knows?

Sr. Rebecca entered a different community (not in Russia...) but I don't know if she'd want it to be publicized. :) I don't think she was ever on Phatmass.

Edited by Totus Tuus

I don't think she ever was, either. On Phatmass, that is. And as far as communities. ...like I said, I don't know. There were quite a few young women who entered since the monastery was re-established, but then left, and either got married, or entered other communities (one went to the SMME, I believe), so there's no way I could ever keep them straight, all the stories that were told. :wacko:

On a side note, it's so odd to see the novices in their professed veils, and Sr Vierginie now a novice. Things change, yes. But it does seem odd when I see the pics.

The face of communities is always changing, you're right! But generally the spirit remains constant.

Sr. Vierginie received the name: Sr. Mary Immaculata of the Divine Shepherd. Isn't it beautiful? Let us continue to pray for growth in their community.