An Old School Catholic Message Board

Something To Ponder About.

Urib2007

She checked in a few times after her last post but didn't seem to want to dialogue. Generally just hit and run cut and pastes. Pray for her. Maybe she will come back.

If you see this Urib, God bless you. You are in my prayers and I ask yours.

Sounds like she just discovered the Bible the last month and is mixing up things like that superstitious guy with the religion.

[quote name='Kosh' post='1160861' date='Jan 10 2007, 03:55 PM']I mean, virtually no one cares if you insulte christians in general,[/quote]
I think there was something in the last two years where the Jewish Defense League or something like that was defending Christians when something happened and most people did nothing.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Phoenix Reborn' post='1163662' date='Jan 13 2007, 02:02 PM']
Uribs gone. She has 'validating' instead of Phatmasser under her name. I'm pretty sure that means she singled out her email adress or something.
[/quote]
no that means you haven't started posting yet, and since she has 32 posts that makes no sense at all.

MissScripture

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1164866' date='Jan 14 2007, 08:44 PM']
no that means you haven't started posting yet, and since she has 32 posts that makes no sense at all.
[/quote]
That would be something to ponder about!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back my fellow Phatmass cadets! And I'm not back empty handed, but with information that will tickle your fancy. Now don't get all upset with what I post. All you have to do is soak it in like a sponge and research the claims. I'm not a quotidian Protestant either for goodness sake. I don't like to be labeled like that just because I disagree with the Roman Catholic faith.
I only follow what the Holy Bible dictates and I have a personal relationhip with the Lord Jesus Christ. I don't even like labeling myself as a Christian because of the hate that there is towards the Christian faith and the rats who claim to be Christian, but act so far from it. The term Christian wasn't even in the Bible anyway. I guess I could call myself a follower of Jesus Christ, but then I'm sure people would say I'm in a cult.

This is a very important passage in the Bible. Many Catholics like to say things like, "Oh, well he's/she's a born again Christian. She/He's different from us." Well, sorry to break it to you, but in John 3:3, Jesus actually says,

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Verily means "In Truth" for those of you who don't know.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't heard any Pope speak of being "born again." Pope John Paul II didn't, so does that mean he's not in heaven? Who knows. Only God knows. Oh, and trust me. I've done a lot of praying and a lot of research to come up with these facts. If I'm wrong and you can point out that the Pope did speak about being "born again," then I'll apologize for my error. I'm not some ignorant person who doesn't know what they're talking about. Anyway, back to what I was saying.

The Pope never made any public profession of faith alone in Jesus Christ. However, good ole Pope John Paul II placed his faith in traditions and man made doctrines of the Catholic faith. There is nothing in the KJV Bible or your Catholic Bible about keeping 7 Sacraments to get to heaven. None at all! There is nothing in the WORD OF GOD about the Immaculate Conception of Mary. Show me where it says that. If you can show me where in the BIBLE (KJV preferred since over 6,000 changes have been made from the KJV to the newer "easier to read" versions), then I'll kindly say that I'm sorry.
There is nothing in the Bible about the Rosary or praying to God through Mary. There's nothing in the Bible about priests being celibate. Matthew 23:9 forbids calling any priest "FATHER." So, why on earth are Catholics doing it? Because they're being taught the commandments of good ole men.

"He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." -(Mark 7:6-9)

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."
-2nd Corinthians 11:13-15

Your beloved Pope John Paull II will indeed be held responsible at the Throne of Judgment for causing so many people to believe those heresies. It's sad to think that since God doesn't want His creation to perish in hell.

No one goes to hell unless he or she chooses to go there ("And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life" -John 5:40). All you have to do to go to hell is "nothing." If you don't get born-again, you are automatically going to hell ("He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." -John 3:18). The Pope made the deadly mistake that so many foolish people make, he ADDED good works to his faith in Christ ("For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" -Ephesians 2:8,9). Salvation is a gift of God ("For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" -Romans 6:23). Salvation is free, you CANNOT add works to it; otherwise it is not a gift anymore.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1178467' date='Jan 28 2007, 09:28 AM']
I'm back my fellow Phatmass cadets! And I'm not back empty handed, but with information that will tickle your fancy. Now don't get all upset with what I post. All you have to do is soak it in like a sponge and research the claims. I'm not a quotidian Protestant either for goodness sake. I don't like to be labeled like that just because I disagree with the Roman Catholic faith.
I only follow what the Holy Bible dictates and I have a personal relationhip with the Lord Jesus Christ. I don't even like labeling myself as a Christian because of the hate that there is towards the Christian faith and the rats who claim to be Christian, but act so far from it. The term Christian wasn't even in the Bible anyway. I guess I could call myself a follower of Jesus Christ, but then I'm sure people would say I'm in a cult.

This is a very important passage in the Bible. Many Catholics like to say things like, "Oh, well he's/she's a born again Christian. She/He's different from us." Well, sorry to break it to you, but in John 3:3, Jesus actually says,

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Verily means "In Truth" for those of you who don't know.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't heard any Pope speak of being "born again." Pope John Paul II didn't, so does that mean he's not in heaven? Who knows. Only God knows. Oh, and trust me. I've done a lot of praying and a lot of research to come up with these facts. If I'm wrong and you can point out that the Pope did speak about being "born again," then I'll apologize for my error. I'm not some ignorant person who doesn't know what they're talking about. Anyway, back to what I was saying.

The Pope never made any public profession of faith alone in Jesus Christ. However, good ole Pope John Paul II placed his faith in traditions and man made doctrines of the Catholic faith. There is nothing in the KJV Bible or your Catholic Bible about keeping 7 Sacraments to get to heaven. None at all! There is nothing in the WORD OF GOD about the Immaculate Conception of Mary. Show me where it says that. If you can show me where in the BIBLE (KJV preferred since over 6,000 changes have been made from the KJV to the newer "easier to read" versions), then I'll kindly say that I'm sorry.
There is nothing in the Bible about the Rosary or praying to God through Mary. There's nothing in the Bible about priests being celibate. Matthew 23:9 forbids calling any priest "FATHER." So, why on earth are Catholics doing it? Because they're being taught the commandments of good ole men.

"He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." -(Mark 7:6-9)

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."
-2nd Corinthians 11:13-15

Your beloved Pope John Paull II will indeed be held responsible at the Throne of Judgment for causing so many people to believe those heresies. It's sad to think that since God doesn't want His creation to perish in hell.

No one goes to hell unless he or she chooses to go there ("And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life" -John 5:40). All you have to do to go to hell is "nothing." If you don't get born-again, you are automatically going to hell ("He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." -John 3:18). The Pope made the deadly mistake that so many foolish people make, he ADDED good works to his faith in Christ ("For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" -Ephesians 2:8,9). Salvation is a gift of God ("For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" -Romans 6:23). Salvation is free, you CANNOT add works to it; otherwise it is not a gift anymore.
[/quote]
If you followed what the Scriptures said you would be Catholic. You may claim to have had a Catholic education but either you didn't pay attention or you had really lousy instructors.

THe Scriptures are Catholic, and were collected and canoned by Catholics. THey are a snapshot in TIME of the first 120 years of the Church. THey do NOT claim ever to be the total sum of Christian knowledge. The CHURCH is the pillar and foundation, not a book. The Church have been living 2000 years of Catholicism. I suggest you re-read Timothy on the subject.

[quote name='Winchester' post='1163603' date='Jan 13 2007, 11:21 AM']
Nowhere in the Bible does it say to use only the Bible.

Assertion refuted, nothing to ponder.
[/quote]
And nothing to soak in like a sponge.

It also doesn't require one to make a public pronouncement of faith in Jesus, so why should you require one?