An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mormonism Exposed

Urib2007

[color="#330000"]The evidence of Joseph Smith's close connections with occultism and Freemasonry, and how this influenced the origin and development of the LDS Church is not well known outside scholarly circles. Masonry's influence on Mormonism and Joseph Smith has been noted by a number of historians. It is interesting to note that in [i]The Satanic Bible,[i] it lists the name [/i]Mormo[i] as the God of the Ghouls. (LaVey, Anton - The Satanic Bible p. 59). This means his followers would be called Mormons.
Ed Decker, the director of Saints Alive (also known as Ex-Mormons for Jesus) said in his book [/i]The God Makers[i], "I was involved in this group for 19 years...and I consider it to be one of the most dangerous and deceptive organizations in the world! Mormonism is a modified form of paganism, which is so carefully camouflaged with a facade of Christian terminology that it even deceives most Mormons." (Decker, Ed - [/i]The God Makers[i] p. 20) While Mormons claim to be Christian, there are no crosses displayed on, or in any Mormon Temple. The most prominent symbol in Christianity is no where to be found in Mormonism. As with Freemasonry, Mormonism is designed to mislead those who are involved at the lower levels, and who are aren't aware of the organization's dark secrets. [/color]

Information from John Conner's book "The Resistance Manifesto"

Edited by Urib2007

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1159078' date='Jan 8 2007, 05:08 PM']
[color="#330000"]The evidence of Joseph Smith's close connections with occultism and Freemasonry, and how this influenced the origin and development of the LDS Church is not well known outside scholarly circles. Masonry's influence on Mormonism and Joseph Smith has been noted by a number of historians. It is interesting to note that in [i]The Satanic Bible,[i] it lists the name [/i]Mormo[i] as the God of the Ghouls. (LaVey, Anton - The Satanic Bible p. 59). This means his followers would be called Mormons.
Ed Decker, the director of Saints Alive (also known as Ex-Mormons for Jesus) said in his book [/i]The God Makers[i], "I was involved in this group for 19 years...and I consider it to be one of the most dangerous and deceptive organizations in the world! Mormonism is a modified form of paganism, which is so carefully camouflaged with a facade of Christian terminology that it even deceives most Mormons." (Decker, Ed - [/i]The God Makers[i] p. 20) While Mormons claim to be Christian, there are no crosses displayed on, or in any Mormon Temple. The most prominent symbol in Christianity is no where to be found in Mormonism. As with Freemasonry, Mormonism is designed to mislead those who are involved at the lower levels, and who are aren't aware of the organization's dark secrets. [/color]
[/quote]
So what is the debate? THis is not an informational board.

Oh oops. Thanks for telling me. I wanted to get anyone's opinion on whether or not they believe Mormonism is a cult and not even close to Christianity?

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1159078' date='Jan 8 2007, 04:08 PM']
[/quote]

i believe you.

I have a close friend who is a devoted Mormon and she calls herself a Christian. I actually thought that maybe they really were until I started researching more about them. She even tried to convert me into her religion by giving me the Book of Mormon. I still can't believe they wear secret underwear.

[url="http://www.freemason.org/cfo/may_june_2001/mormon.htm"]http://www.freemason.org/cfo/may_june_2001/mormon.htm[/url]

hmmmmmm. interesting. the founders of mormonism were a masonic family. written by a freemason.

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1159251' date='Jan 8 2007, 07:37 PM']
I still can't believe they wear secret underwear.
[/quote]I don't think the underwear is much of a secret, at least not around Arizona and Utah where Mormons are plentiful.

The most un-Christianlike feature of Mormonism is their belief in multiple gods (including all "worthy" Mormon males who will become gods after they die and rule over their own planets). Their conception of God (Heavenly Father) is that he was once a man like us who was "exalted." Judaism is monotheistic. Christianity is monotheistic. Mormonism (and the JW's) are polytheistic. So the question of whether they are Christian are not is an emphatic NO.

Oremus pro invicem (Let us pray for one another).

Jay

=================
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1159281' date='Jan 8 2007, 10:41 PM']
Mormonism (and the JW's) are polytheistic.

=================
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!
[/quote]

Not the JW's. They are Arians. They even consider Trinitarian believers to be polytheistic.

Peace,
Paddington

[quote name='Paddington' post='1159657' date='Jan 9 2007, 01:46 AM']
Not the JW's. They are Arians. They even consider Trinitarian believers to be polytheistic.

Peace,
Paddington
[/quote]
So do Modalists. . .

Mormons are such nice people. How can such nice people really believe such nonsense. I suppose there are plenty of people who say the same thing about us crazy catholics!! :blink:

[quote name='Paddington' post='1159657' date='Jan 9 2007, 01:46 AM']

Peace,
Paddington
[/quote]

That seems to be a question. This article from [i]This Rock[/i] first says they are "fundamentally unitarians," followed by a statement that would indicate that they are polytheists.

[url="http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/1998/9811clas.asp"]http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/1998/9811clas.asp[/url]

The Witnesses contradict almost every basic Christian teaching. And those they don’t contradict they usually ignore. They are fundamentally unitarians. A leaflet published from the London Office called What do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe? tells us: "Since there are many ‘gods’ and many ‘lords’ the true God has a personal name to distinguish him from all other gods." The name is Jehovah. END QUOTE

Since they believe that Jesus Christ is Michael the Archangel, how does that fit with Arianism?

Thanks. Jay

melporcristo

JMJT

I live in "Mormonville" ... aka Idaho Falls, Idaho; 3 hrs away from Salt Lake City. And I do believe that mormons have the reputation of being very nice, sincere people - which is a witness!
I recommend reading about Gene Fadness, who left the mormon church and became Catholic. He, among many in my state, have found that despite that the mormon church is strong when it comes to community and building strong families, rooted within thier doctrines lies deceptiveness, much like what was mentioned in the article.
The book Pierced by a Sword by Bud MacFarlane (although fiction) holds a very good example of the mormon church and what its like to be LDS.
Keep praying friends!

In JMJ
Melissa