An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Gift Of The Spirit - Lesson 1, The Gift Of Discernment

FullTruth

I come humbly to you, my brethern. Today I shall start my teachings on the gifts of the spirit, and I have chosen today to choose the gift of discernment to begin with.

You may ask Why? Because I want to be humble before YHWH and submissive to Yeshua's sacrifice. I want all of you to hold me accountable. I want all of you to discern what is of YHWH and what is not of YHWH, to hold me accountable if I teach error. I do not wish to teach anything that is in error to the spirit of YHWH or the word of YHWH.

So let me start with scripture.

Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
For the body is not one member, but many.
If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
And if they were all one member, where were the body?
But now are they many members, yet but one body.
And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
And those members of the body, which we think to be less honorable, upon these we bestow more abundant honor; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honor to that part which lacked:
That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honored, all the members rejoice with it.
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet show I unto you a more excellent way.
1st Corinthians 12.

Who is the gifts of the Spirit for?
The brethren. That's you and me today. The apostles who gave us our holy faith said the gifts of the spirit are even for us today. 1st Corinthians 12:1.

Where does the gifts come from?
The spirit, the lord, and God. 1st Corinthians 12:4-6.

When did the gifts first appear onto us?
On the day of Pentecost. Acts 2.

Why did they come?
To take care of one another. 1st Corinthians 12:25.

What are they?
Words of Wisdom, Words of Knowledge, Discernment of Spirits, Workings of Miracles, Words of Faith, Workings of Healing, Gifts of Tongues, Gifts to Interpret Tongues, and Prophesies.

And lastly, how do we gain access to them?
It's simple really. Holy Ghost has been a free gift of YHWH since the day of Pentecost. He hasn't stopped pouring his spirit onto the people. People have always prophesied in the name of YHWH. People have always been involved in the gifts of the spirit.

There are people in every major religion today who speak in tongues as the spirit of YHWH gives them the utterance. It doesn't matter to YHWH, because Roman Catholics have been baptized in the Holy Ghost, as have Protestants and Mormons and all people of all religions.

Such is the nature of YHWH. He loves humanity and would never deny them any desire, because he is our loving Father.

So it is for you today. Claim it now. Ask our loving and caring Father to fill you with his spirit so you can have access to these precious gifts.

On the gifts of discrenment of spirits.

As I stated above, I believe today is the most important date to have access to this gift. The satanic influence against the followers is growing stronger and stronger every single day.

I saw it when I put up the post in this message board on Theistic Evolution. Probably around half the responses were from people who didn't like the idea I was saying you are not holy if you believe in Theistic Evolution. Many took offense. Most of them were just offended and not satanic influencers. But one wasn't, and I will show his/her response later in this post.

How do you gain spiritual insight into spirits?

There is many ways.

First, there is the word of YHWH.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12.

If

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. Luke 6:45.

Than what ever someone says we can see into their hearts and then use the Word of God to determine if their heart is right with the Lord or not.

A second weapon, and a very powerful one is, is prayer.

If something someone says doesn't make sense to you, pray about it. Ask God to give you a word of knowledge and wisdom concerning what that person said and move on from there.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen. Matthew 6:13.

YHWH will show you if this is a snare or not, and he will deliver us from the evils of satanic influence against our souls.

And Lastly, there is the protection of other believers.

For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counselors there is safety. Proverbs.

Here is how we can discern the spirits?

1st, consider what they say, if it is of YHWH or not by reading what the Word of YHWH says about it.

2nd, pray about what they say.

3rd, ask other believers, people you know who have a walk with YHWH.

So let me tell you about the Satanic Influencer on the Catholic Message Board, and I will show he/she is a Satanic Influencer trying to create disunity and confusion amongst the believers.

His Response -
micro-evolution, aka adaption, is a proven fact. the change from species to species is a very plausible archaeological possibility.
'
what the human authors of Sacred Scripture intend to teach, Sacred Scripture is always completely right about, totally inspired and inerrant. therefore, when the Hebrews intended to take the Pagan babylonian creation myths and moralize them while still referencing their believed fact in a first two ancestors, they were totally inspired and inerrantly teaching moral truths about how we had two first ancestors created by God and how their immorality caused all the human race to have a fallen nature.

they inerrantly and with divine eloquence reversed all the generations of the babylonian gods with each day, the first day reverses the first generation of babylonian gods all the way to the reversal of the matricidal 'hero' marduk who created mankind to enslave in the sixth generation with the sixth day when God creates man in love with free will.

there is nothing that indicates the Sacred Authors intended to teach anything about the origin of the two bodies of the first two ancestors. if they intended to teach about that, they would have been totally inerrant. if they intended to twist babylonian myths to teach more profound truths of morality and fallen nature and creation without reference to what came before or after the origin of our bodies, then there is room for investigation into the origin of our mortal bodies along the timeline of creation.

I will use the first weapon for discernment of spirits to prove what this man says is untrue.

Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD. Josuha 24:14.

The gods Joshua was referring to were the Egyptian Gods. The worship of the Egyptian Gods is based on the mystery religions of Egypt and Babylon.

So if YHWH was so serious that they were not to worship the gods of Babylon, why then would YHWH turn the creation 'myth' of the Babylonians and give it a moral. . .

Therefore we see someone who is only here to create confusion and disunity. He admits he has studied, and probably practices the mystery religion of the Babylonians, and then profanes YHWH by saying Judaism is just a moralization of their practices.

Case proven. His heart is filled with deception and wants to deceive others.

Not everybody who says they are a follower of YHWH is.

Now let me end this blog in prayer.

Lord YHWH, I love you. I seek only to honour you, resist the Devil and live a victorious life in you through the sacrifice of your son, Yeshua. Thank you for your love, for saving someone who has broken all 10 commandments. Thank you for the blood of Yeshua, for it is life, love, and power for all of us. Thank you for the spirit, which is your strength in our lives. It is our armour, and our shield. Thank you for the Bible, for it is our sword.

May you bless us all right now, in the holy and exalted name of Yeshua. Amen.

cmotherofpirl

First, Full truth this is a debate board , not a catechism class, so while well intentioned , it is not appropriate for this board.

Second, what are your qualifications to come and teach?

Thirdly Disagreement does not give you the right to call someone satanic. Evolution is NOT satanic.

The person you claim is satanic is a well educated, respected member of these boards. He is an orthodox Catholic and far from Satanic.

You say we will know by the fruits of their works. The person you attacked has had his fruits manifested on these baords. You on the other hand have not shown anything except to attack others, calling them Satanic. Judging by the fruits so far I will not listen to you.

Edited by rkwright

[quote name='rkwright' post='1158989' date='Jan 8 2007, 03:34 PM']
The person you claim is satanic is a well educated, respected member of these boards. He is an orthodox Catholic and far from Satanic.

You say we will know by the fruits of their works. The person you attacked has had his fruits manifested on these baords. You on the other hand have not shown anything except to attack others, calling them Satanic. Judging by the fruits so far I will not listen to you.
[/quote]

Satanic Inflitrators are often people who are well educated and respected by the communities they are involved in. That is how the operate to create confusion and disunity amongst the believers.

He has snowed you.

I only share what the Lord wants me to share. I am here to feed the Sheep of Jesus, because he asks me too.

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1159040' date='Jan 8 2007, 03:34 PM']
Satanic Inflitrators are often people who are well educated and respected by the communities they are involved in. That is how the operate to create confusion and disunity amongst the believers.

He has snowed you.

I only share what the Lord wants me to share. I am here to feed the Sheep of Jesus, because he asks me too.
[/quote]

How do I know you aren't a 'satanic inflitrator'?

This is sounding more and more like a witch hunt..

[quote name='rkwright' post='1159081' date='Jan 8 2007, 02:11 PM']
How do I know you aren't a 'satanic inflitrator'?

This is sounding more and more like a witch hunt..
[/quote]

Great job, Full Truth! Your articles rock!
God Bless!

TruthSeeker777

if evolution is not satanic,
then creation is not Christian!
you get it?

Good stuff full truth!
Here's some more info on intruders:

They will always be in positions of authority or in some office of teaching where they will be in control of what gets "feed" to the congregation. If they are not in the position of the pastor, they will probably be his wife who is the occult head of the church. As I was attending Bible college to finish up my degrees, I notice that there was a large percentage of young women were witches trying to find a youg husband so as to descecrate their godly bloodline. This has been going on for centuries. 90% of all pastors that Ihave had contact with, had generational satanist wives (of course totally undercover). That could explain a lot of why pastors kids are the most wicked of the church.

2.) Sunday is a witch high day, and to celebrate their dedication to the beast, they will generaly wear red. (witches wear red dresses, men wear red ties) Not all women who wear red on Sunday is a witch, but it is a good indicator to contemplate. All of the witches we have identified as infiltrators wore red on sunday. They will also wear red on political gatherings. Look at the meetings of congress and the general assembly, how many wear red dresses or red ties; they are the satanist giving honor to the beast by wearing red on that gathering.

3.) The middle finger is a finger associated with contempt. It is also in the occult associated with the planet saturn which is associated with the devil. Witches wear rings on their middle finger to identify that their is enough magic in their bloodline to produce an anti-christ. Especially powerful symbol is the plain gold wedding band on the middle finger. Depending on which hand it is worn on will depend on if they are of the "left hand path" or "Right hand path" of the occult. On occasions you will find a witch wearing a wedding band on both middle fingers. That is an indication that their bloodline has both left and right hand path magick in them.

4.) When they are in the church and singing a special number, you will see them shaking their head in a "no" fashon whenever they start to sing about Jesus. It is a sutle symbol, but it is a sign to the other witches that they disagree with what they are singing. You will be surprised how common you see this. It is a form of blasphemy.

5.) You will see them give the "devil horn" symbol at key points to their conversation , or sermon. This is used as a signal to draw witch support and for them to start casting spells on the congragation at key points of the sermon to place spells on the christians to bewitch them.

6.)The wearing of two crosses at the same time. It is a symbol of a "doublecrosser". It identifys an infiltrator, and is a signal for the other witches to "promote" them among the congregation so that they can gather vital intellegance on the christians in the group.

7.)They will constantly be compelling the group to "support their ministry financially" Whenever a person gives financially to a satanist infiltrator, and that infiltrator takes that tithe or support money and purchases a child on the black market to use in a human sacrifice, then you who supported that person financially become a part of the "curse" that is upon those who participate in human sacrifice. This is the number one way that they are able to gain dominance over a congregation and why they try so hard to gain a person into a position of authority, especially on the payroll. It is also the most frightening.

[quote] So if YHWH was so serious that they were not to worship the gods of Babylon, why then would YHWH turn the creation 'myth' of the Babylonians and give it a moral. . .

Therefore we see someone who is only here to create confusion and disunity. He admits he has studied, and probably practices the mystery religion of the Babylonians, and then profanes YHWH by saying Judaism is just a moralization of their practices.

Case proven. His heart is filled with deception and wants to deceive others.[/quote]

You have not proven your case at all. You may have made an argument that Al's version of where the Gensis account came from might not be accurate. But please... to call it Satanic?

I'll point you to your own thread and show how the exact same logic can be used against you.

In your thread on the Trinity you denied the Holy Trinity. The Holy Trinity is a dogma, founded in scripture, of the Holy Catholic Church who is the sole authority in teaching.

Therefore we see 'someone who is only here to create confusion and disunity. He admits he has studied, and probably practices the mystery religion of the Babylonians, and then profanes YHWH by saying Judaism is just a moralization of their practices.' (Note those are your own words not mine)

And there you go... using your logic the case is proven.

Edited by rkwright

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Truthseeker777' post='1159101' date='Jan 8 2007, 05:30 PM']
you get it?
[/quote]

Evolution is a scientific theory.
Creation is an event by God containing evolution.

Edit: Wow nevermind... I was going to maybe try to debate some of this, but after 777's post this is just getting out of hand....

BTW our priests wear black on Sundays, and during mass they wear a variety of colors. Red is one of them, though not used that often...

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Truthseeker777' post='1159101' date='Jan 8 2007, 04:30 PM']
you get it?

Good stuff full truth!
Here's some more info on intruders:

They will always be in positions of authority or in some office of teaching where they will be in control of what gets "feed" to the congregation. If they are not in the position of the pastor, they will probably be his wife who is the occult head of the church. As I was attending Bible college to finish up my degrees, I notice that there was a large percentage of young women were witches trying to find a youg husband so as to descecrate their godly bloodline. This has been going on for centuries. 90% of all pastors that Ihave had contact with, had generational satanist wives (of course totally undercover). That could explain a lot of why pastors kids are the most wicked of the church.

2.) Sunday is a witch high day, and to celebrate their dedication to the beast, they will generaly wear red. (witches wear red dresses, men wear red ties) Not all women who wear red on Sunday is a witch, but it is a good indicator to contemplate. All of the witches we have identified as infiltrators wore red on sunday. They will also wear red on political gatherings. Look at the meetings of congress and the general assembly, how many wear red dresses or red ties; they are the satanist giving honor to the beast by wearing red on that gathering.

3.) The middle finger is a finger associated with contempt. It is also in the occult associated with the planet saturn which is associated with the devil. Witches wear rings on their middle finger to identify that their is enough magic in their bloodline to produce an anti-christ. Especially powerful symbol is the plain gold wedding band on the middle finger. Depending on which hand it is worn on will depend on if they are of the "left hand path" or "Right hand path" of the occult. On occasions you will find a witch wearing a wedding band on both middle fingers. That is an indication that their bloodline has both left and right hand path magick in them.

4.) When they are in the church and singing a special number, you will see them shaking their head in a "no" fashon whenever they start to sing about Jesus. It is a sutle symbol, but it is a sign to the other witches that they disagree with what they are singing. You will be surprised how common you see this. It is a form of blasphemy.

5.) You will see them give the "devil horn" symbol at key points to their conversation , or sermon. This is used as a signal to draw witch support and for them to start casting spells on the congragation at key points of the sermon to place spells on the christians to bewitch them.

6.)The wearing of two crosses at the same time. It is a symbol of a "doublecrosser". It identifys an infiltrator, and is a signal for the other witches to "promote" them among the congregation so that they can gather vital intellegance on the christians in the group.

7.)They will constantly be compelling the group to "support their ministry financially" Whenever a person gives financially to a satanist infiltrator, and that infiltrator takes that tithe or support money and purchases a child on the black market to use in a human sacrifice, then you who supported that person financially become a part of the "curse" that is upon those who participate in human sacrifice. This is the number one way that they are able to gain dominance over a congregation and why they try so hard to gain a person into a position of authority, especially on the payroll. It is also the most frightening.
[/quote]
I've read a lot of weird things on Phatmass....

about the gift of tongues, that was a gift that was just for the early church , to preach the gospel to everyone in their own native language, so everyone they came across would understand. The gift of tongues is no longer needed due to the fact that the gospel has been brought to everyone in their native language already.

There are a lot of catholics who can prophecy, discern, heal and are very knowledgible due to the gifts of the holy spirit.

as for evolution, common sense and wisdom says the idea of evolution downplays the LORD's power.

[quote] I come humbly to you, my brethern. Today I shall start my teachings on the gifts of the spirit, and I have chosen today to choose the gift of discernment to begin with.

You may ask Why? Because I want to be humble before YHWH and submissive to Yeshua's sacrifice. I want all of you to hold me accountable. I want all of you to discern what is of YHWH and what is not of YHWH, to hold me accountable if I teach error. I do not wish to teach anything that is in error to the spirit of YHWH or the word of YHWH.
[/quote]Okay. I've discerned that your premise (that we need a teacher other than the Church founded by Christ and her appointed leaders) is bull-oney. :topsy:

Edited by Katholikos

All, this kid has been given wrong info about the Catholic Church. He appears that he needs Catholicism/Christianity 101 History lesson.

Fulltruth,
If you want to know the full truth, by your screen name I assume you do, then please study the history of Christianity from non-bias encyclopedias such as [url="http://www.Britannica.com"]http://www.Britannica.com[/url]

Some keywords to search for:
New Testament Canon
Catholicism
Christianity
Holy Bible

If you wish to put so much emphesis on Scripture, it would be very beneficial to you to know how we got it....

It did not drop out of the sky. The New Testament was not considered Scripture until 400 AD... many of the letters where written many years after Christ died for our sins. There were over 200 books and letters considered for the New Testament Canon... but only 27 where chosen.... by whom? by what authority? etc...

God Bless,
ironmonk