An Old School Catholic Message Board

Orginal Sin, Death, And The Dinosaurs

rkwright

If Orginal Sin brought 'death' into the world, how did the Dinosaurs die before man was made?

Or is it wrong to think that physical death is the effect of orginal sin, only spiritual?

MissScripture

I'm just saying what I think, but I would say that the difference comes because we are human and they are animal. I would think that the animals would have died anyway. They do not have eternal souls as a human does.

[quote name='rkwright' post='1158751' date='Jan 8 2007, 02:20 AM']
If Orginal Sin brought 'death' into the world, how did the Dinosaurs die before man was made?

Or is it wrong to think that physical death is the effect of orginal sin, only spiritual?
[/quote]
That depends on how old you think the earth is.

As for me, I will stand on the teaching that the Earth is only 6,000 years old, and that Dinosaurs and Humans inhabited the planet together.

And before you say I am wrong, remember, large portions of the land haven't been explored yet, such as the Florida Everglades. . .

[quote]As for me, I will stand on the teaching that the Earth is only 6,000 years old, and that Dinosaurs and Humans inhabited the planet together.

And before you say I am wrong, remember, large portions of the land haven't been explored yet, such as the Florida Everglades. . .
[/quote]

I do not disagree, the Bible states that Noah took [b]all[/b] animals two by two into the ark.

Maybe the Flood was one instance that wiped out the dinosaurs. Many say that couldnt really be true because, many animals were incased in thick ice. Well, if the world was flooded this would be the arctic parts of the world also that could have froze and encased animals as the water went down over time.

That is a smashing good theory on the passing of dinosaurs.

Edited by GloriaIesusChristi

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1158912' date='Jan 8 2007, 01:10 PM']
That depends on how old you think the earth is.

As for me, I will stand on the teaching that the Earth is only 6,000 years old, and that Dinosaurs and Humans inhabited the planet together.

[/quote]

Look, we have to accept that the Earth is over 4 billion years old, based on the cold, hard scientific evidence. Unless you think that it's a vast conspiracy of non-believers fudging the scientific process, lying about carbon dating, etc.

That then begs the question about biblical interpretation, i.e. whether historical persons called Adam and Eve existed. The Church teaches they did. And sin and death came in to the world because of them. More learned folks can help me out here, but I don't think that any kind of death would have entered the world were it not for Adam and Eve's sin. Certainly, when Jesus returns, there will be no more death, and I believe that applies to animals and, presumably, plants, i.e. all life forms.

So the dinosaurs wouldn't have died (although timing and sequence is kind of tricky). Interestingly, I don't think that there would have been any cool dinos such as T-Rex, either, only "boring" plant eaters ;-)

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1158924' date='Jan 8 2007, 01:49 PM']
Look, we have to accept that the Earth is over 4 billion years old, based on the cold, hard scientific evidence. Unless you think that it's a vast conspiracy of non-believers fudging the scientific process, lying about carbon dating, etc.

That then begs the question about biblical interpretation, i.e. whether historical persons called Adam and Eve existed. The Church teaches they did. And sin and death came in to the world because of them. More learned folks can help me out here, but I don't think that any kind of death would have entered the world were it not for Adam and Eve's sin. Certainly, when Jesus returns, there will be no more death, and I believe that applies to animals and, presumably, plants, i.e. all life forms.

So the dinosaurs wouldn't have died (although timing and sequence is kind of tricky). Interestingly, I don't think that there would have been any cool dinos such as T-Rex, either, only "boring" plant eaters ;-)
[/quote]

I haven't. I still accept the 6-day creation theory because who actually paid Darwin to do his 'research' into evolution.

As a journalist, there is an expression, follow the money.

If the money of Evolution came from Free Masons, who hate Jesus, and they do, then we can only conclude they gave money to someone to pass a theory which they will use to disprove the Bible.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1158927' date='Jan 8 2007, 01:59 PM']
I haven't. I still accept the 6-day creation theory because who actually paid Darwin to do his 'research' into evolution.

If the money of Evolution came from Free Masons, who hate Jesus, and they do, then we can only conclude they gave money to someone to pass a theory which they will use to disprove the Bible.
[/quote]

Who said anything about evolution? I said, the Earth was over 4 billion years old.

However, *since* you bring it up, what's wrong with the Theory of Evolution? The Church teaches that it is not incompatible with the Bible. BTW, how are those "days" working out for you *before* God created the sun and moon?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1158927' date='Jan 8 2007, 01:59 PM']

[/quote]

Genesis 1:1 is not a science textbook, its a story teaching up our past. The idea that the earth is 6000 years old was made up by a protestent preacher back in the 1800's.

If you are going to be a journalist you have to learn to check your sources.:)
The Bible is not a source for science. To discredit the long and wonderful interesting history of the earth because someone made up a free-mason conspiracy theory is laughable, ludicrous, and tragic, especially for someone who wants to be considered professional.
You said you were going to accept the authority of the Church, what happened?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1158924' date='Jan 8 2007, 01:49 PM']
[/quote]

We do not! Science today says the earth is "over 4 billion years old" tomorrow they may find a rock and oh wait the earth is "over 56billion years old"!!!!

Well thats a rather simplistic way to explain the point. We do not have to believe any thing science says when it is a theory and can not be proven with out a doubt, such as the earth being 4 billion+ yrs old.