An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Modest Proposal

Winchester

Since the Democrats thinks reducing troop levels will make our troops safer in Iraq, then they should adopt the same policy for their majority and cut the levels of democrats in the government. If it works for the soldiers, it should work for the politicians, right?

xTrishaxLynnx

I bet at least 75% of the troops who got an offer to pack up and leave right now would say "no, we're not done what we came to do." I mean, I haven't talked to many troops personally, but the general idea I get is that they understand why they are there and don't have as much of a problem with it as people make them out to have... and not nearly as much of a problem as the people here who are just sitting on their butts complaining just for something to complain about (aka people who don't have a personal tie to the war - such as a family member currently serving). I don't mean to offend anyone with family or friends there... I'm not saying that family members and friends shouldn't want their loved ones home a.s.a.p. I'm referring to people using the troops as part of their argument against fighting the war in the first place.

If I remember correctly, the original modest proposal wasn't too well received in Ireland . . . and that was over 200 years ago