An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are The Skin Cells Of Christ To Be Adored

Resurrexi

Questions on the Worship to be given to Jesus Christ:  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

moved this to the debate table.

now, before you take on the task of grand inquisitor, i would like to engage your response to me. i don't take the word "heretic" lightly.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1159320' date='Jan 8 2007, 08:42 PM']Thessalonian, you are incorrect, it has been defined that Christ's Divinity remained was not separated from His Body when He died (See the quote from the Roman Catechism in my previous post), therefore, It would not separate from His dead Skin Cells.[/quote]Let's look again at what the Roman Catechism says:[list]In the first part of this Article, then, we profess that immediately after the death of Christ His soul descended into hell, and dwelt there as long as His body remained in the tomb; and also that the one Person of Christ was at the same time in hell and in the sepulchre. Nor should this excite surprise; for, as we have already frequently said, although His soul was separated from His body, His Divinity was never parted from either His soul or His body.
[/list]While it is true that his divinity never parts from his body, it must be understood that the "body" in question is a body [b][i]whole and entire[/i][/b]. His divinity is hypostatically united to his whole body, and to each part only insofar as it is a member of this body. Once a part is removed from the body, or falls off the body, it does still belong to that person, [b][i]BUT[/i][/b] it is no longer a part of Jesus' body. Thus, it would not share in the divinity that the other parts share in as members of the body.

Once your proof is read in this light, it becomes evident that none of it proves what you think it proves. Whenever any of it refers to the parts of the body receiving latria, or the Sacred Heart receiving latria, it is referring to parts that are still members of His Body.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1160717' date='Jan 10 2007, 03:27 PM']Rome has said that ALL the Parts (i. e. body parts) of Christ's Human Nature are to be adored with Latria, and if you believe differently, you are a heretic.

Rome has also said that Christ's divinity remain united to His dead Body. If you believe differently, you are a heretic.[/quote]Yet, she never said anything about giving latria to parts that are separate from the body, and that's what skin cells would be.

Pax Christi,
phatcatholic