An Old School Catholic Message Board

CFR Visit

veroni213

I'm going to visit the CFRs on Sunday. :bounce: I'm kind of excited because I've been trying to arrange this for a while but it didn't work out before now. ( When I was available, they weren't and when they were available I wasn't.) Also, it's my first real convent visit.

Unfortunately, my parents are getting a little wierd about the visit. Maybe my the idea of my discernment is finally becoming real to them? :idontknow:

she_who_is_not

Hurrah! I'm so excited for you. I'll be praying for you and your parents. Be blessed, no matter what.
ajj

franciscanheart

My mom acted strange the day I left too.. completely unlike herself. It does make it more real for them. It'll make it more real for you too.

Prayers for a most blessed visit.

HeavenlyCalling

Yeah, I can see how it would be a little wierd for your mom. I think my parents kinda think it's a phase, and going off to accually visit a convent would definatly bring it home for them. Prayers for them and for you, I hope you have a good time, how long will you be there?

Thanks everybody. :)

[quote]how long will you be there?[/quote]

I'm going for four days, so I'll be back on Wednesday.

What's weird about my mother is that she doesn't want [i][b]anyone[/b][/i] to know about my visit. A few of my friends from college know about my discernment, but very few people at home do because I can't tell members of my extended family. Yesterday, when I my mother found out that my two best friends from high school know about my visit she almost flipped out. :unsure: Today she told me that the "alibi" I'm giving to my co-workers and extended family wasn't good enough. I don't really care if my co-workers find out and I know my family won't question the "alibi." :ninja: It was a strange conversation.

franciscanheart

[quote name='TrueImage' post='1155687' date='Jan 3 2007, 10:52 PM']
What's weird about my mother is that she doesn't want [i][b]anyone[/b][/i] to know about my visit. A few of my friends from college know about my discernment, but very few people at home do because I can't tell members of my extended family. Yesterday, when I my mother found out that my two best friends from high school know about my visit she almost flipped out. :unsure: Today she told me that the "alibi" I'm giving to my co-workers and extended family wasn't good enough. I don't really care if my co-workers find out and I know my family won't question the "alibi." :ninja: It was a strange conversation.
[/quote]
I had to beg my parents to keep quiet... and they still wouldn't. :pinch:

franciscanheart

[quote name='TrueImage' post='1161051' date='Jan 10 2007, 09:00 PM']
I'm back. For now I don't have too much else to say except :D: and thanks for the prayers.
[/quote]
:D: Yay. I do hope you share about your visit eventually. I'm sure we can all appreciate not sharing much of anything when you first return but in the coming weeks and months when you get time to really sit and sort things out (think and pray), I do hope you'll share your experience with us.

Welcome back! ^_^

[quote name='TrueImage' post='1161051' date='Jan 10 2007, 07:00 PM']
I'm back. For now I don't have too much else to say except :D: and thanks for the prayers.
[/quote]

Soooo, you came to see our Sisters eh? hmmm
Do you think she had a good visit Father B.?
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/127/354969503_3f9de029bb.jpg[/img]

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1162642' date='Jan 12 2007, 11:27 AM']
Woah. Where did you find that picture? Look at Fr Stan! He looks so different!
[/quote]
its on this computer ..i took it. :) maybe 10 years ago now, when i used to be the assistant to Fr Groeschel, and volunteer at the Office For Spiritual development, NY.

By His mercy, Emile-James