An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are You A Trinitarian Or An Arian

Resurrexi

Are you a Trinitarian or an Arian?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Knight of the Holy Rosary' post='1152939' date='Dec 31 2006, 02:22 PM']
:huh:
I have never heard about the Mormon view of Jesus..... Where in the world did they get this masterpeice????
[/quote]It originated in the mind of Joseph Smith, founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) in 1831.

"God is a glorified and perfected man, a personage of flesh and bones . . ." [i]Doctrine & Covenants[/i] 130:22.

"Every person who was ever born on earth was our spririt brother or sister in heaven. The first spirit born to our heavenly parents [Heavenly Father and his wives - plural] was Jesus Christ" [i]Gospel Principles[/i], page 9.

"We needed a Savior ... Our oldest brother, Jesus Christ, who was then called Jehovah, said "Here am I, send me." [i]ibid[/i] p. 15

[b]. . .[/b]

"Satan, who was called Lucifer, also came, saying: Behold, here I am, send me..." [i]ibid[/i], p. 15

"Because our Heavenly Father chose Jesus Christ to be our Savior, Satan became angry and rebelled. There was war in heaven. Satan and his followers fought against Jesus and his followers" [i]ibid[/i], page 16 [The story continues.]

Source: [i]Gospel Principles,[/i] published by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 1988, Salt Lake City, Utah.

what would my pseudo heresy be calld?

dont tell me ya'll havent almost done it..;) The general protestant thing is to either do that, or credit everything to the spirit

goldenchild17

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1153004' date='Dec 31 2006, 04:07 PM']
I am trinitarian, but the closest thing I would have to heresy here is that in the process of trinitarian development I sometimes have issues acknowledging the spirit in the same way that I acknowledge the father and son. I dont confess different, but sometimes our theological language and focus either turns the spirit into some sort of hippy essence not personified as the father and son, or as some sort of divine puppy along for a ride with daddy and boy
[/quote]
Yeah I think that's something that a lot of people feel like. I can see how the Spirit could be seen as something "else" and something very impersonal. But for me I guess when it says in Genesis 1:2 that the "spirit of God moved over the waters" it makes the Spirit seem more like the active "person" that He is, through His actively doing something on His own, and not just some sort of "reaction" or "feeling" of the Father and the Son.

Edited by goldenchild17

yea, if you were to just progress thru trinitarian development it seems as if the spirit is a force, the love between father and son, yet dogmatically that love is personaified/equal to father and son. Yet in the progression..why?

yes, just weird.