An Old School Catholic Message Board

Diversity Hoax Exposed

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='track2004' post='1153034' date='Dec 31 2006, 05:27 PM']
I find it funny we are all up in arms about Kwanzaa being invented by a convicted criminal because ... um ... the Big JC got convicted, at least Kwanzaa's guy didn't get the death sentence. And whose to say that just because someone gets convicted of a felony that they're a bad person. We all seem to like Martha still and Ghandi and Turkmanbashi... or well not that last guy, he's just crazy, but not a convict.

Going back to my hole now.
[/quote]
[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Karenga"]Ron Karenga[/url], who founded "[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwanzaa"]Kwanzaa[/url]" in 1966, was convicted of assaulting two women in his radical political organization. Christ was never convicted of such a thing, but of claiming to be the Messiah.

Kwanzaa was not a pre-existing holiday, but was set up in opposition to Christmas: as Karenga stated: "...it was chosen to give a Black alternative to the existing holiday and give Blacks an opportunity to celebrate themselves and history, rather than simply imitate the practice of the dominant society."

I find officially placing such nonsense at the same level (or higher) than Christmas to be offensive.

Better stay in your hole until you can say something intelligent, rather than just spewing more of your mindless anti-Christian tripe.

HeavenlyCalling

Polls have shown that more people are offened by being told 'Happy Holidays' the 'Merry Christmas'. And for the love of tomatoes, we a representative republic!!! A country of the MAJORITY, why are we bending over backwards to accomadate the MINORITY?. If I lived in a Jewish or Hindu or ( God help me ) Muslim country, then I wouldn't be offened by the MAJORITY celebrating their feasts and holidays! It just ruins the fun for every one else.

The point could also be made that it's easier that adding "And Happy New Year" to any religious holiday bit. Considering there are technically two holidays during late December for most people. I mean if there was a major religious holiday near The Forth of July (for us Americans) or a national holiday near Easter/Passover (for whomever) then maybe we'd also say "Happy Holidays".