An Old School Catholic Message Board

Diversity Hoax Exposed

cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

December 6, 2006

DIVERSITY HOAX EXPOSED

Catholic League president Bill Donohue released the following statement today on the Christmas wars:

“The secular crusaders who want to neuter Christmas say ad nauseam that the reason why we have to give more attention to holidays other than Christmas is due to the increasingly diverse composition of our nation and the world. But it is a hoax: the evidence is just the opposite.

“According to Boston University professor Stephen Prothero, America now has more Christians than any other nation in history (Christian Science Monitor, 12-23-03). ‘In terms of religious background,’ writes Hoover Institution scholar Dinesh D’Souza, ‘America is no more diverse today than it was in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries’ (The Enemy at Home: The Cultural Left and Its Responsibility for 9/11). Indeed, Penn State professor Philip Jenkins maintains that the U.S. is becoming more Christian (The Next Christendom: The Coming of Global Christianity). As for the world’s religious population, we are also becoming less diverse: in 1900, 50 percent of the world was either Catholic, Protestant, Muslim or Hindu; in 2000, these groups constituted 64 percent, in 2025 they are projected to make up 70 percent (Shah and Duffy, “Why God is Winning,” Foreign Policy, 7-1-06).

“Hanukkah, which is a minor holiday in the Jewish calendar, is not being celebrated today more than ever before because there are more Jews: in fact, only 1 percent of America is Jewish (Newsweek, 9-5-05); in 1955, the figure was 4 percent (Will Herberg, Protestant, Catholic, Jew). Nor are we celebrating Kwanzaa more than ever before because African Americans have rallied to this African holiday: only 2 percent of Americans, or about 15 percent of blacks, celebrate the holiday (Fox News Poll, 12-9-03); and Kwanzaa has nothing to do with Africa—it was invented in 1966 by an ex-con.
“The diversity hoax is being sold as a rationale to nullify Christmas. It’s also because the multicultural industry is big business

Even my Jewish friends celebrate Christmas (one of them is only culturally Jewish, his fam isn't religious at all, and the others have Jewish moms and Christian dads, so they try to honor both sides of the fam) and my black friends do too. I just say Merry Christmas, and then attach Happy Chanukah for my Jewish friends.

I'm sick of the PC carp too. I'm all in favor of celebrating one's own culture and heritage but our aim in life shouldn't be to try and please everyone but to spread the Truth.

I got my braces decked out for the holidays (Christmas, Chanukah, and Kwanzaa) and then I looked and I was just like, what am I doing? I don't celebrate Chanukah and I don't know anyone, black or white, who celebrates Kwanzaa.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='avemaria40' post='1152266' date='Dec 30 2006, 02:32 PM']
I got my braces decked out for the holidays (Christmas, Chanukah, and Kwanzaa)[/quote]
:huh: :huh: :huh:

The idea of not saying "Merry Christmas" in order not to offend practitioners of "Kwanzaa" is absurd.
Christmas does not exclude black people, nor people of any other race or ethnicity!

"Kwanzaa" is a bogus "holiday" invented by a professed atheist (and convicted criminal), deliberately set up this time of year to be an "alternative" to Christmas.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='avemaria40' post='1152454' date='Dec 30 2006, 07:13 PM']
Yes, I know. It was weird. Thankfully, I had another appointment this month and I did them only for Christmas.
[/quote]
How does one deck out one's braces?

[quote name='Socrates' post='1152493' date='Dec 30 2006, 08:09 PM']
The idea of not saying "Merry Christmas" in order not to offend practitioners of "Kwanzaa" is absurd.
Christmas does not exclude black people, nor people of any other race or ethnicity!

"Kwanzaa" is a bogus "holiday" invented by a professed atheist (and convicted criminal), deliberately set up this time of year to be an "alternative" to Christmas.
[/quote]
And does anyone know anyone who celebrates kwanzaa?

brandelynmarie

my brother & I loved to wish people "Merry Christmas!"this year...It's amazing how many people were afraid to say it in my home town....& if someone wished me "Happy Hanukkah!"...I would say, "Thank you! Same to you!" Have y'all heard of Festivus for the Rest of Us? I think it was something from Seinfeld.... :P:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1152546' date='Dec 31 2006, 02:52 AM']

And does anyone know anyone who celebrates kwanzaa?
[/quote]

I don't know if any of my students actually celebrate Kwanzaa, but I was required to teach them about it, and not Christmas. Our book of the month for December was all about Kwanzaa, and I had quite a bit of trouble pronouncing the Swahili! :) I wouldn't mind Kwanzaa so much except that a lot of people I know have no idea it was invented in the 60s and isn't really an African holiday. Of course, my students were also still harping about slavery. Talk about your awkward situations when I was the only white person in the room! :)

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1152857' date='Dec 31 2006, 10:18 AM']
my brother & I loved to wish people "Merry Christmas!"this year...It's amazing how many people were afraid to say it in my home town....& if someone wished me "Happy Hanukkah!"...I would say, "Thank you! Same to you!" Have y'all heard of Festivus for the Rest of Us? I think it was something from Seinfeld.... :P:
[/quote]

And yes, I wished everyone a Happy Festivus on the 23rd. :) Some company is actually selling Festivus poles!

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1152546' date='Dec 30 2006, 09:52 PM']
How does one deck out one's braces?
[/quote]
Different color elastics

[quote name='Socrates' post='1152493' date='Dec 30 2006, 09:09 PM']
[/quote]

I find it funny we are all up in arms about Kwanzaa being invented by a convicted criminal because ... um ... the Big JC got convicted, at least Kwanzaa's guy didn't get the death sentence. And whose to say that just because someone gets convicted of a felony that they're a bad person. We all seem to like Martha still and Ghandi and Turkmanbashi... or well not that last guy, he's just crazy, but not a convict.

Going back to my hole now.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='avemaria40' post='1152938' date='Dec 31 2006, 01:21 PM']
Different color elastics
[/quote]
:lol:

As for Kwanzaa, I don't think it's the fact the guy was a convict so much as he just made it up and it's supposed to carry as much social weight as Christmas... the one God made up.