An Old School Catholic Message Board

That Goes, That Stays, That Stays, That Goes...

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

I got to it before y'all did. :P: (It was a way longer post but I just got to the point when it cut out my message... AND I closed the box before I realized.)

Guest Rick777

I think I get it now. What do you do with things like your Breviary or Bible after you leave a community? I would think you just give them back since they are the ones who normally provide them for you.

franciscanheart

No no no.. when you ENTER a community... what do you do with things like your brievary or Bible if they ask you not to bring it with you?

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1151083' date='Dec 28 2006, 08:58 PM']
No no no.. when you ENTER a community... what do you do with things like your brievary or Bible if they ask you not to bring it with you?
[/quote]
Ask if someone on Phatmass needs one :)

Guest Rick777

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1151083' date='Dec 28 2006, 07:58 PM']
[/quote]

Oh. :topsy: Give them to me of course. :saint:

Either give them away, which is what I did. . .or be a little more prudent and have your family hold on to them for the length of say, your postulancy, and THEN give them away!

Pax Christi

I find I must agree...time of novitiate is merely a time to come and see if this is the life for you. You don't go in with the mind set..'well I can always leave' but it would be wise to give special treasures to someone who would watch over them until vows.

franciscanheart

So all through candidacy, postulancy, and novitiate, I would ask someone to hang on to my brievary set? If you DON'T leave, which I would assume is more often than not, how do you determine who to give those things to? It's not like you can go back home just for a few days to distribute that stuff. I guess you just let it go, huh?

Or you could make a list before you enter.. :think:

Some of my stuff I gave away and wish I hadn't. Other things, I gave to my family, I gave them with the intention that IF something were to happen and I didn't remain. . .I could have them back.

My family actually gave me many things back, which was beneficial, but, for the most part, there were so many things I didn't have when I returned. . . my 4 volume breviary was one of them. I couldn't afford to buy another. . .and went deeply into debt re-accumulating many necessities. I'd think carefully before giving away everything.

God bless you.

franciscanheart

[quote name='HisChild' post='1151142' date='Dec 28 2006, 10:10 PM']
Some of my stuff I gave away and wish I hadn't. Other things, I gave to my family, I gave them with the intention that IF something were to happen and I didn't remain. . .I could have them back.
My family actually gave me many things back, which was beneficial, but, for the most part, there were so many things I didn't have when I returned. . . my 4 volume breviary was one of them. I couldn't afford to buy another. . .and went deeply into debt re-accumulating many necessities. I'd think carefully before giving away everything.

God bless you.
[/quote]
Do you have a complete set now? Or no? :unsure: