An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dr. Phil

MrsFrozen

Dr. Phil, he's okay. Since him a couple of times on Oprah and watched his show. Not addicting for me.

I wish some of my students would go the homeschooling route!!!!

LOL!

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1150402' date='Dec 27 2006, 11:33 AM']
And, apparently, everyone in his family is an "expert" by proxy.
[/quote]

Yes, that is annoying.

[quote name='SRMiller' post='1150429' date='Dec 27 2006, 12:39 PM']
I can't speak for all teachers, but I used to teach 3rd grade, and I was/am in no way threatened by homeschooling. I wish the parents had been more involved period! One parent did decide to homeschool her child, and I wish her the best. No hard feelings from me.

My aunt homeschools her boys, and they are all incredibly intelligent and well socialized. :) In fact, whenever we have children we'll either do Catholic school or homeschool. Homeschool for the early years, that is, since I'm not sure I could do higher grades! :)
[/quote]

I am sure you are a wonderful teacher. My mom teaches junior high at a Catholic school. :)
That's what we plan on doing with the homeschooling.

[quote name='MrsFrozen' post='1150726' date='Dec 28 2006, 04:57 AM']
Yes, that is annoying.
I am sure you are a wonderful teacher. My mom teaches junior high at a Catholic school. :)
That's what we plan on doing with the homeschooling.
[/quote]

Thanks. I'm actually back at school now, as I felt God leading me to continue my own education. I would like to teach again, though perhaps a different grade, to get a new perspective. Possibly even teaching at college. Wherever God leads. :D:

Shows like Dr. Phil, Opera, Rudy, and such are really damaging at times, because they often give non christianly advise. Obviously it seems too Secular at times, than Christian.

Edited by White Knight

Ifind that most episodes of Dr. Phil are like watching reruns of a bad show I never would have watched on my own in the first place. (And MrsFrozen knows this...) I do think that he has overstepped his bounds on some issues and is a little one-sided on others. You know, I never noticed it before, but he does have a lot of videos without saying a whole lot most of the time. How interesting... I do love my MrsFrozen, but Dr. Phil is more trash television than quality TV for me. Now Family Feud or 24 -- that's quality TV!!!

Edited by frozencell

[quote name='SRMiller' post='1150860' date='Dec 28 2006, 10:39 AM']
Thanks. I'm actually back at school now, as I felt God leading me to continue my own education. I would like to teach again, though perhaps a different grade, to get a new perspective. Possibly even teaching at college. Wherever God leads. :D:
[/quote]

Wait a minute.. I'm posting under my husband's name.. This is MrsFrozen. BRB..

Edited by frozencell

[quote name='SRMiller' post='1150860' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:39 AM']
[/quote]

Ahhh, that's better. LOL

That's awesome! I'm pursuing a degree in theology verrrrrrrry slowly. LOL

[quote name='frozencell' post='1150957' date='Dec 28 2006, 05:01 PM']
Ifind that most episodes of Dr. Phil are like watching reruns of a bad show I never would have watched on my own in the first place. (And MrsFrozen knows this...) I do think that he has overstepped his bounds on some issues and is a little one-sided on others. You know, I never noticed it before, but he does have a lot of videos without saying a whole lot most of the time. How interesting... I do love my MrsFrozen, but Dr. Phil is more trash television than quality TV for me. Now Family Feud or 24 -- that's quality TV!!!
[/quote]

:shock: And this is how you tell me what you really think! You cad!

I guess it is pretty trashy at times. But it's such a guilty pleasure of mine..

haven't noticed how he feels about homosexuality, but he does appear to be very pro-contraception. however, in my experience most psychologist i've met seem to be very liberal, so if he is it wouldn't suprise me. <_<

Dr. Phil openly advocates contraception. He is Oprah's #1 admirer, she who cohabits with her long-time boyfriend, doesn't want children and says so loudly, but loves her dogs. She never hesitates to trash the Church. Oprah is a role model for women in the U.S.

Dr. Phil, like Oprah, his mentor (he works for her), is trash TV.

-------------
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!

I like the Maury Show better myself. Why just today he a lady scream "I could make a career outta tryin' to find my baby's daddy." Good Watching.

[quote name='MrsFrozen' post='1151425' date='Dec 29 2006, 01:06 PM']

That's awesome! I'm pursuing a degree in theology verrrrrrrry slowly. LOL
:shock:
[/quote]

That's great! May God richly bless you in that. :)

homeschoolmom

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1152000' date='Dec 30 2006, 02:29 AM']
I like the Maury Show better myself. Why just today he a lady scream "I could make a career outta tryin' to find my baby's daddy." Good Watching.
[/quote]
That stuff is carp. Nothing like eploiting stupid people. <_<

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1152038' date='Dec 30 2006, 08:10 AM']
That stuff is carp. Nothing like eploiting stupid people. <_<
[/quote]

I know.

[quote name='Katholikos' post='1151842' date='Dec 29 2006, 08:53 PM']
Dr. Phil openly advocates contraception. He is Oprah's #1 admirer, she who cohabits with her long-time boyfriend, doesn't want children and says so loudly, but loves her dogs. She never hesitates to trash the Church. Oprah is a role model for women in the U.S.

Dr. Phil, like Oprah, his mentor (he works for her), is trash TV.

-------------
Blessed Father Damien, pray for us!
[/quote]
yup :thumbsup: