An Old School Catholic Message Board

War Supporters

catholicinsd

War Support and Enlistment.  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146381' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:47 AM']
If you've ever lived in any kind of rural area you know that, that is fact.
[/quote]
It is NOT a fact.

Imagine someone you loved has appendicitis and needs an operation. Do you:
1. Take him/her to the hospital to have an expert do it.
2. Determine that you are going to do it yourself and study really hard, really fast to make it through college and med school... but then your friend dies anyway. So you go on to be the "hero" in the next crisis you plan to resolve.
3. Forget being able! You're willing! And darn it, that's all that matters. You pull out the pocket knife and cut away.

Being willing is not enough. Being the right person for the job is. The soldiers in our military are the right people for the job... not just a bunch of people "willing" to go start shooting at whoever they see.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146389' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:52 AM']
So it's ok for a buch of War-loving, Limbaugh-listeners to jump on a kid when his political veiws are different their own?
[/quote]

Now we love war? Geeze kiddo, you are seriously insulting a lot of folks in this thread. Remember we are all Catholic? I doubt any of us loves war. War smells of elderberries. But..it happens and like everything else in life we deal with it.

I don't listen to Rush because his voice is irritating to me. Your pointless hatred of him has nothing to do with the rest of us.

Stop being so silly! You sure seem to generalize a lot...

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146389' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:54 AM']
On the farm the farmer must be willing to do everything he assigns out.
[/quote]
That is far different from every job in the world. You cannot apply that to the wider world. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the world is far larger than a farm.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146389' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:54 AM']
[/quote]

There! I FINALLY dragged it out of you. You proved our point with your very own words. ON THE FARM...

Guess what? The world is not a farm :ohno:

homeschoolmom

I bet the farmer goes to the doctor. I bet the farmer sends his kids to school and I bet the farmer calls 911 if his house catches on fire. I bet he does all of these things because he's not willing or able to do those tasks himself. But he still wants them done.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1146402' date='Dec 20 2006, 01:03 AM']
I bet the farmer goes to the doctor. I bet the farmer sends his kids to school and I bet the farmer calls 911 if his house catches on fire. I bet he does all of these things because he's not willing or able to do those tasks himself. But he still wants them done.
[/quote]

The first are not life-threatening as is the War you support.

As far as the fire-fighting, most farmer are part of the Volunteer Fire Birgaid, so they DO do it.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1146401' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:58 AM']
There! I FINALLY dragged it out of you. You proved our point with your very own words. ON THE FARM...

Guess what? The world is not a farm :ohno:
[/quote]
Guess what? South Dakota

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1146402' date='Dec 20 2006, 01:03 AM']
[/quote]

Come to think of it, one of my brothers-in-law is a farmer. He DID call 911 after he caught his own house on fire. At least he was willing to START it, I suppose.... :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

But he doesn't drive the school bus, so I guess that means my nieces shouldn't have to go to school anymore. Boy will they be happy to hear it!

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146403' date='Dec 20 2006, 01:12 AM']
Guess what? South Dakota
[/quote]

Guess what? Chicken butt!

[url="http://www.onehorseshy.com/lowbrow/guess_what_chicken_butt/"]http://www.onehorseshy.com/lowbrow/guess_what_chicken_butt/[/url]

As far as the fire-fighting, most farmer are part of the Volunteer Fire Birgaid, so they DO do it.
[/quote]

Most you say? So do the rest not get fire dept. service since they don't serve on the VFD?

homeschoolmom

The first are not life-threatening as is the War you support. [/quote]
So what? He's unwilling to do tasks he wants done. Soldiers [i]are[/i] willing to do the tasks the President wants done. It matters not if it's life threatening. The willingness is what you were arguing about.

Groo the Wanderer

Kiddo, you are seriously digging yerself deeper into a hole here and making yerself look very silly to boot. I'm going to bed now. You can have the last salvo for the night.

Maybe a good night's sleep will make you more coherent too...I know I'm starting to babble a bit :saint:

God Bless You catholicinsd and have a good night! :bigpray:

Edited by Groo the Wanderer

Well, suffice it to say that when I am drafted, which is very possible with Bush, I will do wat I must do, but so help me, ya'll are coming with me.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146407' date='Dec 20 2006, 01:22 AM']
Well, suffice it to say that when I am drafted, which is very possible with Bush, I will do wat I must do, but so help me, ya'll are coming with me.
[/quote]
I know you are serious in your worry about a draft. I am not trying to belittle your worry. I was in college in the time leading up to the Gulf War and you know what? We worried about a draft, too. I just don't see that it's going to happen.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1146409' date='Dec 20 2006, 01:30 AM']
I know you are serious in your worry about a draft. I am not trying to belittle your worry. I was in college in the time leading up to the Gulf War and you know what? We worried about a draft, too. I just don't see that it's going to happen.
[/quote]

Yes, but the Gulf War was quick. This new one however is dragging on and on, without any end.

Unless I'm mistaken, the only person who has seriously called for reviving the draft has been a [b]Democratic[/b] representative from NY.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146389' date='Dec 20 2006, 01:54 AM']
[/quote]

I think you've confused your idea of the saying... The farmer must be WILLING to do it... That's a heck of a lot different from ACTUALLY doing it.

Edited by CatholicCid