An Old School Catholic Message Board

War Supporters

catholicinsd

War Support and Enlistment.  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1146364' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:37 AM']
Btw, he never called you anything. He compared you with something. There is a difference.
[/quote]

And in so doing he called me stupid. That's ok, the Republican still have Coulter, Limbaugh, the Racists, Quayle the Bush family, and the Televangelists to make them look stupid.

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146363' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:36 AM']
And you, it seems, are blind to the fact that if you want something done, you yourself must also be willing to do it.
[/quote]
And you, it seems, are blind to the fact that not every one is cut out for every job! There is no point in doing something badly that others can do much better. Does this mean that people who faint at the sight of blood should be denied medical care, merely because they wouldn't be able to do the job themselves? Does this mean that people who don't know one end of a cow from another shouldn't be allowed to partake in the produce of a farm, because they, themselves, couldn't farm? As many other people have already said, we're all given different gifts. We cannot all do everything, and those that are able to ought to do that which they are able to do.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146363' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:36 AM']
And you, it seems, are blind to the fact that if you want something done, you yourself must also be willing to do it.
[/quote]

Methinks you need to relearn the definition of 'fact'. Your statement is an opinion, not a fact.

I want my wife to have a good night's sleep. I cannot do it for her. I want my kiddo to finish her homework, yet I am indeed unwilling to do it myself. I want my wife to be a left handed Irish redhead, but I am not willing to swap her on Ebay...

OK, so the last one is totally silly :woot:

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146366' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:41 AM']
And in so doing he called me stupid. That's ok, the Republican still have Coulter, Limbaugh, the Racists, Quayle the Bush family, and the Televangelists to make them look stupid.
[/quote]
So, now you're lumping a whole group of people together to make you look smart? :huh:

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1146370' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:42 AM']
So, now you're lumping a whole group of people together to make you look smart? :huh:
[/quote]

Well, their all Convseravites and we know how bright they all are.

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146373' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:44 AM']
Well, their all Convseravites and we know how bright they all are.
[/quote]
Again, you're lumping a group of people. And you're not even spelling correctly as you're calling another group stupid...

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1146374' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:45 AM']
Again, you're lumping a group of people. And you're not even spelling correctly as you're calling another group stupid...
[/quote]
Sorta like Mr. Quayle

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146366' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:41 AM']
[/quote]

Ah...now we get to the crux of it all...makes sense since you have been spewing (badly btw) Howard Dean's talking points instead of constructing a logical argument.

Turn off the TV. Go outside. Listen to yer phatpham. And if ye wanna get REALLY radical...go find a soldier and talk to someone who's been there... :thumbsup:

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1146369' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:42 AM']
Methinks you need to relearn the definition of 'fact'. Your statement is an opinion, not a fact.

[/quote]

If you've ever lived in any kind of rural area you know that, that is fact.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146356' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:13 AM']
I would like to piont out Groo is 37 years of age, and he, because he knows he's incorrect, has restored to calling 17 year old kid names.
[/quote]
I don't think it's because he's incorrect that he made that comment. I think it's because he's frustrated that you don't listen.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146381' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:47 AM']
[/quote]

Um..that makes no sense whatsoever. At least on Earth. :idontknow:

I have lived in a rural area. Not sure what that has to do with it...last I checked the dictionary doesn't come in a 'Rural Edition'..unless yer countin' Jeff Foxworthy....:farmer:

Edited by Groo the Wanderer

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146381' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:47 AM']
[/quote]
So, you plan on being able to be a doctor, a lawyer, a teacher, a firefighter, a postal worker, a farmer, a nurse, a woodworker, a mechanic, and every other job out there, and you're going to be able to do these things well?

Please, excuse me while I laugh.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1146382' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:47 AM']
I don't think it's because he's incorrect that he made that comment. I think it's because he's frustrated that you don't listen.
[/quote]

So it's ok for a buch of War-loving, Limbaugh-listeners to jump on a kid when his political veiws are different their own?

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1146385' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:50 AM']
Um..that makes no sense whatsoever. At least on Earth. :idontknow:

I have lived in a rural area. Not sure what that has to do with it...last I checked the dictionary doesn't come in a 'Rural Edition'..unless yer countin' Jeff Foxworthy....:farmer:
[/quote]

On the farm the farmer must be willing to do everything he assigns out.

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146389' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:52 AM']
So it's ok for a buch of War-loving, Limbaugh-listeners to jump on a kid when his political veiws are different their own?
[/quote]
A) I don't listen to Limbaugh
B) If you're so upset about this, then why don't you keep your mouth shut in the first place? Methinks you just wanted an excuse to whine.
C) By calling yourself a kid, you are taking the victim path, which is to say that now you want us all to feel bad for picking on a "kid," which is a rather weak way out.