An Old School Catholic Message Board

War Supporters

catholicinsd

War Support and Enlistment.  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1146324' date='Dec 19 2006, 11:44 PM']
*cough*WorldWarTwo*cough*
[/quote]

Or Germany in Both World Wars.

MissScripture

But you said that the nation that fights on two fronts loses. That isn't so, as is illustrated by us in WWII. Germany lost in the world wars, but that isn't necessarily because they were fighting on two fronts. In other wars, countries fight on one front and lose. You can't say that because some countries fighting on one front lose, that a country going into a war on one front is going to lose. Faulty logic.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146320' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:41 AM']
3) History is full of example of Wars being fought on two fronts. In such cases the the Nation fighting both sides looses.[/quote]

I don't recall the Untied States losing WWI, or WWII, both of which I recall were fought on more than two fronts. The modern wars America has lost has been because liberals destroy the will of the people.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146320' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:41 AM']
6) Well, I am man enough to give you two that. However, Bush said Iraq had WMD's.
[/quote]

The list given was a list of WMD's.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146329' date='Dec 19 2006, 11:47 PM']
Or Germany in Both World Wars.
[/quote]
Yes, it's hard for one country to defend it's boarders against enemies on two fronts-- Germany is an example. However, you were saying that the US couldn't fight in two places at the same time and win. VE Day and VJ Day show that we can. Now, granted, we didn't fight alone there... And if we weren't fighting alone here, the job would be done much more quickly.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1146335' date='Dec 19 2006, 11:51 PM']
Yes, it's hard for one country to defend it's boarders against enemies on two fronts-- Germany is an example. However, you were saying that the US couldn't fight in two places at the same time and win. VE Day and VJ Day show that we can. Now, granted, we didn't fight alone there... And if we weren't fighting alone here, the job would be done much more quickly.
[/quote]

Extactly we are virtually fighting these Wars alone now. But the Second World War, had the aid of many other nations

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146353' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:09 AM']
Extactly we are virtually fighting these Wars alone now. But the Second World War, had the aid of many other nations
[/quote]

Define virtually. We have 38 other nations helping in Iraq and 42 in Afghanistan. Dunno how many in Bosnia and Serbia (yes, we are STILL there too). Now yer gonna insult all of them too by saying they don't count and neither do their combat deaths? huh?

BTW..it's one war. Different fronts, different campaigns...one war. Or if we use your definition, then Iwo Jima, Guadalcanal, Normandy, Anzio, and El-alamein were all wars too.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1146337' date='Dec 19 2006, 11:53 PM']
To quote the great Foghorn Leghorn: "That kid's about as sharp as a pound of wet liver."
[/quote]

I would like to piont out Groo is 37 years of age, and he, because he knows he's incorrect, has restored to calling 17 year old kid names.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146356' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:13 AM']
I would like to piont out Groo is 37 years of age, and he, because he knows he's incorrect, has restored to calling 17 year old kid names.
[/quote]

No. That is a quote from Foghorn Leghorn. But you prolly dunno who that is do ye, ye young whippersnapper? :cowboy:

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1146357' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:15 AM']
No. That is a quote from Foghorn Leghorn. But you prolly dunno who that is do ye, ye young whippersnapper? :cowboy:
[/quote]

I'm aware it's a quote, but you still apply it to me.

Groo the Wanderer
:idontknow:

You are young, inexperienced, and have filled your head with tripe from the MSM. I urge you to turn off the TV and seek out the truth about what you are posting. If you don't, someone is gonna fling a select quote form Archie Bunker at you too....

BTW - just because so many have given their lives for you to have the freedom to gravely insult them and their comrades in arms does not mean it is a smart or a good thing to do. You must learn respect, Grasshopper. :monk:

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1146360' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:25 AM']
:idontknow:

You are young, inexperienced, and have filled your head with tripe from the MSM. I urge you to turn off the TV and seek out the truth about what you are posting. If you don't, someone is gonna fling a select quote form Archie Bunker at you too....
BTW - just because so many have given their lives for you to have the freedom to gravely insult them and their comrades in arms does not mean it is a smart or a good thing to do. You must learn respect, Grasshopper. :monk:
[/quote]

And you, it seems, are blind to the fact that if you want something done, you yourself must also be willing to do it.

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146356' date='Dec 20 2006, 12:13 AM']
[/quote]
Btw, he never called you anything. He compared you with something. There is a difference.