An Old School Catholic Message Board

War Supporters

catholicinsd

War Support and Enlistment.  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1145738' date='Dec 19 2006, 08:38 PM']
CC, they are all reason why those who do support this war should sign up. They are all important reasons, but 7 is the most important.
[/quote]

I could just as easily say that since we have a shortage of priests everyone who supports priests should go apply to seminaries. Not everyone is meant to be a priest, likewise not everyone is meant to be a soldier. Its not that we would not be willing, its that we aren't called to that vocation, it might be physical challenges we face (unable to meet their physical fitness requirements, poor health, etc.), it might be other obligations--like children that we can't just abandon to join a cause. Bottom line: not everyone who supports the war is ABLE to sign up.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1145730' date='Dec 19 2006, 08:13 PM']6) We went there on a lie.[/quote]

Found: 1.77 metric tons of enriched uranium

Found: 1,500 gallons of chemical weapons

Found: Roadside bomb loaded with sarin gas

Found: 1,000 radioactive materials--ideal for radioactive dirty bombs

Found: 17 chemical warheads--some containing cyclosarin

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1145748' date='Dec 19 2006, 07:57 PM']
Bottom line: not everyone who supports the war is ABLE to sign up.
[/quote]

If they truly supported it, and wanted to go over, they'd find a way.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146250' date='Dec 19 2006, 10:37 PM']
[/quote]
:yawn: We've covered this ground before. Are you not reading what people are writing?

I have read it, and I must tell that history is full a people who supported a cause so much, that they'd would illegally join the service

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1145730' date='Dec 19 2006, 07:13 PM']
1) This (Iraq) war is not just

2) The VA was in shammbles before the War on Terror start. This only makes it worse.

3) America needs to focus on the Afghani people, who also over-through a dictatorship, recently. And that was much worse then Saddam's regime

4) The situtation in Darfur is and was much worse

5) The Iraqi's will never learn leadership or self-denfense, as long as we are there.

6) We went there on a lie.

7) Sense Bush has been president there has more talk the draft since in 1970's
[/quote]

:rolling:

1. By whose terms? It fits the definition of a just war per the CCC? Or are you Pope now?
2. Virginia is in shambles? Didn't know that ...don't see what is has to do with the discussion either.
3. So now America as a whole is incompetent and can only do one thing at a time? Try talking to someone who has BEEN in Afghanistan. It was not a dictatorship, it was a theocracy.
4. So we should invade Sudan? As I recall, the UN committed 17,300 troops to take care of that. Time for them to get off their french duffs and do it. We are busy at the moment.
5. Prove it.
6. Prove it. Oh. Yer gonna talk about WMDs and ignore the other 11 points on why we are there. Ok then from KofCs post:
7. Yep. By the libs. Typical scare tactics by yer side.

I vote we change his avatar to this ------> :hippie:

KnightofChrist

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146250' date='Dec 19 2006, 11:37 PM']
[/quote]

By the same logic if you truly supported the troops you'd become one.

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1146308' date='Dec 19 2006, 11:16 PM']

1. By whose terms? It fits the definition of a just war per the CCC? Or are you Pope now?
2. Virginia is in shambles? Didn't know that ...don't see what is has to do with the discussion either.
3. So now America as a whole is incompetent and can only do one thing at a time? Try talking to someone who has BEEN in Afghanistan. It was not a dictatorship, it was a theocracy.
4. So we should invade Sudan? As I recall, the UN committed 17,300 troops to take care of that. Time for them to get off their french duffs and do it. We are busy at the moment.
5. Prove it.
6. Prove it. Oh. Yer gonna talk about WMDs and ignore the other 11 points on why we are there. Ok then from KofCs post:
7. Yep. By the libs. Typical scare tactics by yer side.

I vote we change his avatar to this ------> :hippie:
[/quote]

1) Just before the Invasion of Iraq His late Holiness entertain the Vice-President of Iraq

2) You know as well as I do I was referring the Veterens Affairs

3) History is full of example of Wars being fought on two fronts. In such cases the the Nation fighting both sides looses.

4) Well, as we can see nothing is happening in that region. And the USA, instead of helping the Genocide of Christians by Muslims in that region choose to invade Iraq.

5) Right now we're doing the job of the Iraqi Army and Police. As long as we're there, they know they don't have to take responsiblilty

6) Well, I am man enough to give you two that. However, Bush said Iraq had WMD's.

7) Similiar messages are coming from the Joint Chiefs.

MissScripture

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1146308' date='Dec 19 2006, 11:16 PM']
[/quote]
To add on to this, if we were to go there, we'd just be accused of more things. Never will Americas actions please the world. We go and we're accused of veiled motives. We don't go and we're accused of not caring. It doesn't matter what we do, someone is going to hate us for it.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146320' date='Dec 19 2006, 11:41 PM']3) History is full of example of Wars being fought on two fronts. In such cases the the Nation fighting both sides looses.
[/quote]

*cough*WorldWarTwo*cough*

MissScripture

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1146320' date='Dec 19 2006, 11:41 PM']

3) History is full of example of Wars being fought on two fronts. In such cases the the Nation fighting both sides looses.

[/quote]
:huh:
:blink:
Because you know we lost so terribly in World War II? :idontknow:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1146324' date='Dec 19 2006, 11:44 PM']
*cough*WorldWarTwo*cough*
[/quote]

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1146325' date='Dec 19 2006, 11:44 PM']
:huh:
:blink:
Because you know we lost so terribly in World War II? :idontknow: