An Old School Catholic Message Board

War Supporters

catholicinsd

War Support and Enlistment.  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On behalf of myself, and the new guyI would like to apololize if I have offended anyone in this poll and thread.

I simply wished to repeat the old South Dakota farm adage- "Don't employ out a task you yourself won't do." If more people followed that, the world would a better place.

Just out of curiosity, CinSD, are you a Policeman, a firefighter, a teacher, a lawyer, a soldier, or anything like that? What exactly is your career...

From the sound of your poll, if you support the war, then you say you should be a soldier.

So, if you support the stopping of criminals, you should become a cop.

If you support educating youngsters, you should become a teacher.

If you support rescuing people in dangerous situations and the extinguishing of fires, you should become a firefighter.

ect...

If you do not do all of these things, you are clearly a hypocrit and deserve no respect.

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1145601' date='Dec 19 2006, 03:09 PM']
Just out of curiosity, CinSD, are you a Policeman, a firefighter, a teacher, a lawyer, a soldier, or anything like that? What exactly is your career...

From the sound of your poll, if you support the war, then you say you should be a soldier.

So, if you support the stopping of criminals, you should become a cop.

If you support educating youngsters, you should become a teacher.

If you support rescuing people in dangerous situations and the extinguishing of fires, you should become a firefighter.

ect...

If you do not do all of these things, you are clearly a hypocrit and deserve no respect.
[/quote]

No, however if there would a need for them, I gladly volunteer. And none the above careers require long absenses form home.

Edited by catholicinsd

Fulton Sheen Warrior

+JMJ+

[quote]They are some of the smartest men and women in America. However, too often Recruiters neglect to mention the possiblitly of war.[/quote]

That doesn't add up at all.

That's kind of like saying, "Well yeah I want to be an accountant.....but nobody said anything about having to add!"

Fighters fight. God bless our heroes for fighting for our freedom.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1145604' date='Dec 19 2006, 04:13 PM']
No, however if there would a need for them, I gladly volunteer.
[/quote]

Sorry, PM is being horrible for me... wanted to add "Sorry, but the logic seems stupid... You don't have to be part of something to support it. Not everyone is meant to be a soldier, as not everyone is meant to be a teacher, cop, fireman, ect... Doesn't mean we can't support the cause."

Since I wasn't able to... here you go...

Texas is in need of teachers - [url="http://www.sbec.state.tx.us/SBECOnline/certinfo/becometeacher.asp?width=1024&height=768"]http://www.sbec.state.tx.us/SBECOnline/cer...&height=768[/url]

Edited by CatholicCid

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1145716' date='Dec 19 2006, 07:44 PM']
Well, looks like Bush's new plan is to increase the size of the services. So which War supporters wanna sign up?
[/quote]

The ones who feel like they will make good soldiers I bet

(Your last post was :lol:)

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1145719' date='Dec 19 2006, 06:47 PM']
The ones who feel like they will make good soldiers I bet

(Your last post was :lol:)
[/quote]

I'm afraid I don't follow

The people who feel like they are meant/called to be servicemen or women will be the ones to enlist in the cause I am sure.

Not everyone is meant to be a soldier.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1145722' date='Dec 19 2006, 08:02 PM']
Well, those who aren't called should not be calling for others to go in for them.
[/quote]

Why not? If another person is fully willing to go, what would the problem be?

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1145726' date='Dec 19 2006, 07:06 PM']
Why not? If another person is fully willing to go, what would the problem be?
[/quote]

1) This (Iraq) war is not just

2) The VA was in shammbles before the War on Terror start. This only makes it worse.

3) America needs to focus on the Afghani people, who also over-through a dictatorship, recently. And that was much worse then Saddam's regime

4) The situtation in Darfur is and was much worse

5) The Iraqi's will never learn leadership or self-denfense, as long as we are there.

6) We went there on a lie.

7) Sense Bush has been president there has more talk the draft since in 1970's

If you wish to argue the point of the war, why post a topic that tries to make it a side issue. No need to try and sneak around with polls.

Or I could be misunderstanding you...

Edited by CatholicCid

CC, they are all reason why those who do support this war should sign up. They are all important reasons, but 7 is the most important.