An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Lord Has Softened My Mother's Heart

Piamaria

[quote name='Theoketos' post='1145580' date='Dec 19 2006, 12:29 PM']
I think that I will read this to my class with the author's permission.
[/quote]

Go right ahead. :)

Pia, your story filled me with joy :D: Now you have the freedom to be yourself so what wonderful gift you have been given by your mother.

Who knows dear sister, there maybe more miracles on the way!!! God Bless!

littleflower+JMJ

first off, thanks for sharing that! Its so awesome to hear of a story of God working in the plans and making things possible in places we thought would be difficult to go through.

I have so many respect and awe of families of the religious because your vocation affects them and with your yes, is also their yes.

i know if one of my siblings were to be called, I would be overjoyed but also have to be working through what follows after becasuse that is always hard (like family members on here who have gone through before I'm sure)

But through all the hardships, its worth it! Our prize and focus, no matter what is always seeking heaven and serving God in the uttermost way we can possibily can while here on earth.

thanks again for sharing your story, it really inspired me in more ways than one! God bless you and your family! :love:

[quote name='passionheart' post='1146672' date='Dec 20 2006, 05:26 PM']
Pia, your story filled me with joy :D: Now you have the freedom to be yourself so what wonderful gift you have been given by your mother.

Who knows dear sister, there maybe more miracles on the way!!! God Bless!
[/quote]

I can't tell you how much my joy has been multiplied by the joyful responses of the phamily. In this great season of waiting, I've come to experience that all of the Lord's work in all our lives is The Miracle. Thank you all so much for helping me learn this.

HeavenlyCalling

My cousins grandmothers were named Archangela and Philomena, when she told me that yesterday I thought it was one of the coolest name in the world, now I think it IS the coolest name in the world

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the plane and so excited I need to post. We had so much fog I was afraid the plane might be cancelled. The lady sitting next to me asked if I was meeting my boyfriend because I am so happy. :)

A tip for travelers. I had my gifts for the Sisters shrink wrapped in clear plastic and then put them in my checked bags. AT least for Northwest this is acceptable and so they won't have to hand check each item.

Talk to you in the New Year. Have a Happy New Years Day.

:topsy: Piamaria