An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lots Of Trips

be_thou_my_vision

be_thou_my_vision

Hi all,
I need your prayers. I leave a few days after Christmas to go to Oklahoma for a week to discern if it is God's will that I spend this summer with the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration. I will be living a contemplative lifestyle for the week, and then discern if God wants me to spend the summer in this manner.
Then I am going on the February SMME retreat. Although I have discerned that this is not the community I am called to, the retreat resonate with me and I will use it as a holiness retreat. I am going with Cathy, who will be entering next fall.
Then I am going on my first visit to Alma to see the Religious Sisters of Mercy. I am really looking forward to this visit.
I just need prayers from the pham because fear often gets in the way of God's messages to me. I would really appreciate any prayers.
Thank you!!

I am curious. How will be living the contemplative lifestyle with the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration?

Also could you tell us a little bit more about them. Thanks.

The Benedictines have a monastery close to me. . .about an hour away. Also, when you go to the RSM, if you see Sr Karol Marie. . .we used to go to the same parish, before she entered. :D She's a novice now. Good luck and God bless on your trips!

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='passionheart' post='1144580' date='Dec 17 2006, 09:26 PM']
I am curious. How will be living the contemplative lifestyle with the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration?

Also could you tell us a little bit more about them. Thanks.
[/quote]
Take a look that their [url="http://benedictinesisters.org/english/site.php?use=sandsprings"]website[/url]. It has information for the particular monastery I am going to (Sand Springs, Oklahoma) and general information about the order.
The sisters allow "temporary members" who live in their own hermitage and join the community for prayers, meals, and recreation. Basically, I will be a sister, but only for a while.
I leave for a week visit on December 29th. It's so close!!

Prayers heading your way! You picked a great couple of orders to spend time with. I especially like those Sisters of Mercy. They seem to have such a strong community. Just remember to enjoy yourself and relax and be yourself!

[quote name='alicemary' post='1144735' date='Dec 18 2006, 12:29 AM']
Prayers heading your way! You picked a great couple of orders to spend time with. I especially like those Sisters of Mercy. They seem to have such a strong community. Just remember to enjoy yourself and relax and be yourself!
[/quote]

Same opinion here. I'll keep a votive candle burning for you during this time. Travel safely, and we'll be looking for you when you get back ^_^ .

• 2 weeks later...
be_thou_my_vision

I leave this afternoon. It is a ten hour car trip, and I get nervous when I travel... ahhh. So pray for my safe travel and for a good retreat! Thanks!

Have a safe and enjoyable retreat/visit at all your planned trips. Do as St. Benedict tells us and "listen with the ear of your heart". ;)

be_thou_my_vision

I'm back. It was good. I'm going for two months in the summer to the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration's Motherhouse in Clyde, Missori. I am not interested in entering there, but they are letting me stay with them as I take another step in discerning my vocation.

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1157708' date='Jan 6 2007, 06:21 PM']
I'm back. It was good. I'm going for two months in the summer to the Benedictine Sisters of Perpetual Adoration's Motherhouse in Clyde, Missori. I am not interested in entering there, but they are letting me stay with them as I take another step in discerning my vocation.
[/quote]

That's great! I'm sure while you are at Clyde, you'll also get to meet the Benedictine monks at nearby Conception Abbey. God bless!