An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why I Don't Want To Belong To Any Religious Institution

FullTruth

[url="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?&autoplay=true&docid=-7472916155118781394&q=Top"]Watch this video[/url].
Again I say, [url="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?&autoplay=true&docid=-7472916155118781394&q=Top"]Watch this video[/url].

You will be surprised to find out every religion in the world is based on the mystery religions in Babylon and in Egypt. Each religion has 'lay people' who worship, the initiates - the priests, the higher offices which make decisions for the masses and the initiates, and those in control of them, the 13 bloodlines of the Illumanti.

I hate to tell you this, but the Pharisees were part of these mystery religions, and probably rewrote our faith as soon as the Apostles were gone. They want to bring confusion to us, by creating inconsistencies in the bible, which almost destroyed my faith in God when I found out, and convinces Atheists and Agnostics around the world they are right.

The first inconsistency I want to bring up is Matthew 1:6

And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Uriah;

And Luke 3:31-32

Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,
Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Boaz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,

I hope these inconsistencies do not strip your faith in God, but I fear it will because God must test our faith in him to see if we are worthy.

The Pharisees have done this, because they were of the mystery religions of Babylon and Egypt, and the enemies of God. Don't believe their lies anymore. They created your religion and all religions in the world. Why, to create conflict in our world. The Roman Catholic fights the Protestant, the Protestant fights the Roman Catholic, the Muslim attacks both and the Jews, and the Jews fight both the Muslim and the Christian. This is what Religion does. It sections people off and they start fighting each other in fake conflicts designed to confuse the people. It breeds self-righteousness and ignorance to the word of God.

Edited by FullTruth

Thy Geekdom Come

Ummm...unless you're saying that David had only one son (which he clearly didn't), there's no inconsistency in those verses.

One geneology is through Mary's family. One is through Joseph's. Luke was a Greek Physician; Matthew was a Jew. Those have two very different methods of geneology.

Somehow, I think that if a mystery religion had composed Scripture to fool us all and succeeded for 2000 years, they would have to have done a better job of their geneology.

I'm sorry, but you've been told many lies about what Catholics believe. Please ask us about our faith instead of assuming you know what we believe.

The Illuminati? This is hysterical. What's next? Jews are really in control of the Vatican, there's an international Masonic conspiracy, and Elvis is really still alive? Dude, get a real job.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1143008' date='Dec 15 2006, 12:40 PM']
The Illuminati? This is hysterical. What's next? Jews are really in control of the Vatican, there's an international Masonic conspiracy, and Elvis is really still alive? Dude, get a real job.
[/quote]
Shhhh... :ninja:

cmotherofpirl

FullTruth said
You will be surprised to find out every religion in the world is based on the mystery religions in Babylon and in Egypt. Each religion has 'lay people' who worship, the initiates - the priests, the higher offices which make decisions for the masses and the initiates, and those in control of them, the 13 bloodlines of the Illumanti.

[color="#3366FF"]There is absolutely no prove to this assesrtion, despite the videos you watch online.[/color]

I hate to tell you this, but the Pharisees were part of these mystery religions, and probably rewrote our faith as soon as the Apostles were gone. They want to bring confusion to us, by creating inconsistencies in the bible, which almost destroyed my faith in God when I found out, and convinces Atheists and Agnostics around the world they are right.

[color="#3366FF"]The Pharisees were jews which is certainly not a mystery religion. They certainly didn't rewrite ANYTHING, there is a continous documented line of writings and church leadership from the letters of St Paul on thru the centuries. THe Bible is a CATHOLIC book, the OT were scriptures revered by the jews and the NT are the writings collected by the Church and declared the Word of God. The Catholic Church is older than the NT writings. Your faithj was almost destroyed by a pack of lies, not by any apparent inconsistancies thrown to you by people trying to decieve you.[/color]

The first inconsistency I want to bring up is Matthew 1:6

And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Uriah;
And Luke 3:31-32

Which was the son of Melea, which was the son of Menan, which was the son of Mattatha, which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David,
Which was the son of Jesse, which was the son of Obed, which was the son of Boaz, which was the son of Salmon, which was the son of Naasson,
I hope these inconsistencies do not strip your faith in God, but I fear it will because God must test our faith in him to see if we are worthy.

[color="#3366FF"]Geneologies in the bible are not always straight family trees, they are teaching lessons with a religious purpose. They don't strain our faith one bit.[/color]

The Pharisees have done this, because they were of the mystery religions of Babylon and Egypt, and the enemies of God. Don't believe their lies anymore. They created your religion and all religions in the world. Why, to create conflict in our world. The Roman Catholic fights the Protestant, the Protestant fights the Roman Catholic, the Muslim attacks both and the Jews, and the Jews fight both the Muslim and the Christian. This is what Religion does. It sections people off and they start fighting each other in fake conflicts designed to confuse the people. It breeds self-righteousness and ignorance to the word of God.

[color="#3366FF"]The pharisees were one section of the jewish religion and were certainly NOT part of mystery religions of Babylon or Egypt. That wuold have been blasphemy and these were people who revered the law handed down from Moses.
The Catholic church was founded by Jesus Christ in 33AD as taught in the Bible. RELIGION was not invented to keep people fighting or to create conflict.
[/color]

[quote] You will be surprised to find out every religion in the world is based on the mystery religions in Babylon and in Egypt. Each religion has 'lay people' who worship, the initiates - the priests, the higher offices which make decisions for the masses and the initiates, and those in control of them, the 13 bloodlines of the Illumanti.

I hate to tell you this, but the Pharisees were part of these mystery religions, and probably rewrote our faith as soon as the Apostles were gone. They want to bring confusion to us, by creating inconsistencies in the bible, which almost destroyed my faith in God when I found out, and convinces Atheists and Agnostics around the world they are right.[/quote]

So these mystery religions have rewritten the Bible. If they rewrote the Bible, how do you know that anything about Jesus Christ and his Gospel is true. Perhaps these mystery-religionist-enemies-of-God made it all up. It would make more sense and be more effective to just burn it all. If they can make sure that Bible is inconsistent, they could also have erased it all. Then your faith would not just be destroyed, it would not have been there in the first place.

[quote]They created your religion and all religions in the world.[/quote]

If you are going to post offensive conspiracy theories, please write them so they at least make sense. If these people created all religions, then what religion are you following? Or if you take issue with the word religion, since you associate it with the evil Pharisees, then what gospel or doctrine or whathaveyou? And how do you know about it?

Groo the Wanderer

Hang tight there FullTruth...I'm busy working on a video that will absolutely positively prove that Elvis was from Mars, took the place of Judas, shadow-wrote for Shakespere, ages backward, and works at the mall during Advent, pretending to be Santa Claus.

and because I am posting to the INTERNET, you can be sure it is fact. :cool:

Seriously...why do you rot yer brain cells with this tripe? The only conspiracy is that of Satan working to impede the plan of God and drag souls down with him. :ohno: :ohno:

So I watched about ten minutes of that 2 hour and 40 minute long video. The speaker on the video didn't get to the topic of this thread, though he did do a commercial for his book on mind control and how the CIA and other organizations (which presumably eventually segues into the Catholic Church and other organized religions) are using it to control the world.

I did a little background research on the people that made that video. They sell anti-Mormon junk, as well as books about Satan and his implicit connection to UFOs.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1143008' date='Dec 15 2006, 01:40 PM']
[/quote]

You're right, maybe the last one does sound a little much... :mellow:

You should read Chesterton's The Everlasting Man.

It's great that you care about the truth and the historical claims made by Christianity... but you've been fed some real hogwash. Your post makes assertions that are historically and logically risable. I really suggest much deeper study and prayer before you parrot these foolish surds. I just hate to see you taken in this way.

KnightofChrist

Why even post on a website for what you believe is a "Religious Institution", whats the point? I believe there are two possibilities with the same reason.

One your looking for some kind of validation

or Two your looking to be lead out of the darkness...

but both would have the same reason, your questioning your weak understanding of Faith and Truth. And you have a choice we with the Truth of Christ and His Bride the Church can lead you out of the darkness. Or you can let go and fall further into the abyss.

Edited by KnightofChrist

You've been scammed. You haven't been given the full truth, nor half-truth, not quarter-truth, nor any truth at all. It's a really good idea to check this stuff out, allegation by allegation, with university-trained, accredited historians whose work is reviewed by peers -- that is, by other university-trained, accredited historians. Peer pressure keeps historians righteous. They value their reputation.

You might want to begin with the writings of historians Warren H. Carroll (the [i]History of Christianity[/i] in 6 volumes), H.W. Crocker III ([i]Triumph[b]: [/b] A 2,000 Year History of the Glory of the Catholic Church[/i]), and Thomas E. Woods, Jr., ([i]How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization[/i]). I mention these three because they are all relatively recent converts to the Catholic Church, convinced of her truth by their study of history.

What are the academic credentials of the guy who made this video of which you're so enamored? Is he a graduate of Columbia University and does he have a Ph.D. from Harvard? Even if he is undersity-trained, how many 'real' historians agree with him?