An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Cloisterite Website

Gemma

Just published today!

[url="http://cloisters.tripod.com/cloisterites/"]http://cloisters.tripod.com/cloisterites/[/url]

If you've any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Blessings,
Gemma

philosophette

Gemma,

I find this line to be troublesome

"A grave fault is incurred if a Cloisterite prays for their own vocations."

What does this mean? :idontknow:

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1139451' date='Dec 10 2006, 10:14 PM']
Gemma,

[/quote]

It means, quite simply, that a Cloisterite is to never pray for their own vocations. A very serious fault is incurred--something that has to be confessed in chapter, and a penance performed.

A Cloisterite exists for the other cloisters. The only people in a Cloisterite monastery praying for Cloisterite vocations are the Vocational Incubator retreatants. They do so as a thanksgiving for the incubator.

HTH.

Blessings,
Gemma

[quote name='Jennirom' post='1139616' date='Dec 11 2006, 06:21 AM']
I like the new look. Congratulations Gemma. God Bless You.
[/quote]

Thanks, but it doesn't replace the main SOLC website.

I'm getting totally befuddled by people referring to the proposed cloistered foundation as the SOLC or the Society. According to the Cloisterite rule, the "Society of Our Lady of the Cloister" is my lay outreach program of promoting the cloisters. I don't know why people are getting the two confused. They're two separate entities where I'm concerned--and the way I see it. If the SOLC becomes the Cloisterites, I lose my identity, so to say.

Any help here?

And sorry, Jennirom, if I've read too much into your complement, but I'm asking these questions because the issue keeps coming up.

Blessings,
Gemma

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1139451' date='Dec 10 2006, 10:14 PM']
Gemma,

[/quote]

Gemma, but I think you should run that one by a theologian. Every Catholic no matter what their state in life, is obliged first to work for their own salvation, which I would assume, also means to pray for one own's fidelity in the vocation you are called to by God. No one has the right to tell someone that they can't pray for themselves.

Also, faults that are proclaimed in Chapter of Faults are traditionally external faults against a the rule. I would suspect that if your rule were to be submitted for approval you would be told to take this out.

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1139641' date='Dec 11 2006, 09:39 AM']
Gemma, but I think you should run that one by a theologian. Every Catholic no matter what their state in life, is obliged first to work for their own salvation, which I would assume, also means to pray for one own's fidelity in the vocation you are called to by God. No one has the right to tell someone that they can't pray for themselves.

Also, faults that are proclaimed in Chapter of Faults are traditionally external faults against a the rule. I would suspect that if your rule were to be submitted for approval you would be told to take this out.
[/quote]

I'm not meaning they can't pray for themselves--they can't pray for vocations to the Cloisterites. They are supposed to be so self-sacrificing that God will take care of the propagation of the order.

As far as the approval of the rule is concerned: it will be submitted when several other things fall into place first.

Hope this clarifies.

Blessings,
Gemma

I have made a couple of changes to the "Charism" page, which will, hopefully, explain our position on the "prayer for Cloisterite vocations." Of course, every Cloisterite will pray that they and their brothers/sisters live the charism properly.

[url="http://cloisters.tripod.com/cloisterites/"]http://cloisters.tripod.com/cloisterites/[/url]

Everyone else that I've explained this to understands it--especially the aspirants.

HTH.

Blessings,
Gemma

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='Gemma' post='1139658' date='Dec 11 2006, 10:25 AM']
I'm not meaning they can't pray for themselves--they can't pray for vocations to the Cloisterites. They are supposed to be so self-sacrificing that God will take care of the propagation of the order.

As far as the approval of the rule is concerned: it will be submitted when several other things fall into place first.

Hope this clarifies.

Blessings,
Gemma
[/quote]

Well, that makes more sense. It sounded like they couldn't pray for themselves. Myself I can't imagine not praying for the "growth and holiness of the Dominican Order."