An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dick Cheny's Lesbian Daughter Has A Kid...

pcabibi

[quote name='JClives' post='1137381' date='Dec 7 2006, 12:49 PM']
How did this thread get side tracked from the Cheney's to my signiture?! anyway....
The Mind creates it's own garbage and if you don't empty it you'll end up walking around naked thinking ghosts are in your clothes! :P:
Are you guys seriously defending closed mindedness? or do you just like disagreeing with me?
[/quote]

Better to stay closed minded than to have any mind at all, as I always say.

[quote]"Unless they move to a handful of less restrictive states, Heather will never be able to have a legal relationship with her child," said Family Pride executive director Jennifer Chrisler.

The couple "will quickly face the reality that no matter how loved their child will be. ... he or she will never have the same protections that other children born to heterosexual couples enjoy," Chrisler said. "Grandfather Cheney will no doubt face a lifetime of sleepless nights as he reflects on the irreparable harm he and his administration have done to the millions of American gay and lesbian parents and their children."[/quote]

I have a couple of problems with the statements above.

First, the figure that [i]millions[/i] of children are being raised in homosexual "marriages" is perposterous!!! See the attached article.

[url="http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=2542"]http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=2542[/url]

Secondly, how is this child in any way the child of her partner, Heather? They try to make it sound like she is being deprived of a flesh-and-blood offspring that she had anything to do with (besides "okaying" the decision with Mary). They aren't even married. In my opinion, Heather should count her blessings (in a manner of speaking). In a heterosexual relationship, the father is required to provide child support for the child should the relationship fail and the parents split. If Heather and Mary decide to call it quits then she is free and clear of any responsibility.

With that said, it is very unfortunate that these ladies made this decision. The Lord instituted a mother-father relationship for a very important reason. And I don't think that we as humans should take it upon ourselves to decide that what we want to provide a child [i]must[/i] be what that child is going to need.

Edited by frozencell

[quote name='frozencell' post='1138041' date='Dec 8 2006, 11:02 AM']
I have a couple of problems with the statements above.

First, the figure that [i]millions[/i] of children are being raised in homosexual "marriages" is perposterous!!! See the attached article.

[url="http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=2542"]http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=2542[/url]

Secondly, how is this child in any way the child of her partner, Heather? They try to make it sound like she is being deprived of a flesh-and-blood offspring that she had anything to do with (besides "okaying" the decision with Mary). They aren't even married. In my opinion, Heather should count her blessings (in a manner of speaking). In a heterosexual relationship, the father is required to provide child support for the child should the relationship fail and the parents split. If Heather and Mary decide to call it quits then she is free and clear of any responsibility.

With that said, it is very unfortunate that these ladies made this decision. The Lord instituted a mother-father relationship for a very important reason. And I don't think that we as humans should take it upon ourselves to decide that what we want to provide a child [i]must[/i] be what that child is going to need.
[/quote]

The millions figure is just an estimate. Maybe it's high, but it's probably more than 1 million kids, just statistically.

No duh they aren't married (officially) they can't in their state. That's not their fault. Heather could sign some papers (probably) that give her some legal liability for the kid, and should. Heather isn't just idling by with this decision, she had to be an active party because they are a couple. It's not like one person just up and decided to get preggers.

It might be unfortunate, but it's their decision to make. We raise kids in way worse situations than this kid will ever face, and we don't talk about it because the kid has a mother and father. There are bigger problems in the world than Mary Cheney and Heather WhateverHerLastNameIs having a kid.

Where is the father???? Why hasn't anyone mentioned the father of this child. Two women did not beget this child, there must be another half to this whole.

And the kid of poetic justice and political scandal is not a postition I would want to be born into. I will say this though, at least this child is wanted, expected and loved even before it's birth by it's mother, and grandfather....not all children are as privilaged to have that much.

Who cares what Cheney thinks or does, if he is supportive of his daughter I must assume it is because he loves her and will love her child. That is really all I see in this.
:paperbag:

[quote name='track2004' post='1138148' date='Dec 8 2006, 02:26 PM']
The millions figure is just an estimate. Maybe it's high, but it's probably more than 1 million kids, just statistically.

No duh they aren't married (officially) they can't in their state. That's not their fault. Heather could sign some papers (probably) that give her some legal liability for the kid, and should. Heather isn't just idling by with this decision, she had to be an active party because they are a couple. It's not like one person just up and decided to get preggers.

It might be unfortunate, but it's their decision to make. We raise kids in way worse situations than this kid will ever face, and we don't talk about it because the kid has a mother and father. There are bigger problems in the world than Mary Cheney and Heather WhateverHerLastNameIs having a kid.
[/quote]

I'm not saying thagt it isn't their decision to make. I was just saying that I think it is the wrong one. And I think that we talk about these "other situations" a lot actually. Of course there are worse situations, but that doesn't make this one right. That's like saying 2nd trimester abortion is right because at least it's not partial-birth! And I know there a lot of problems in the world that are worse. I am failing to see the reason that you are discouraging any criticism of this situation.

[quote name='frozencell' post='1138675' date='Dec 9 2006, 12:25 PM']
I'm not saying thagt it isn't their decision to make. I was just saying that I think it is the wrong one. And I think that we talk about these "other situations" a lot actually. Of course there are worse situations, but that doesn't make this one right. That's like saying 2nd trimester abortion is right because at least it's not partial-birth! And I know there a lot of problems in the world that are worse. I am failing to see the reason that you are discouraging any criticism of this situation.
[/quote]

It may not be the right one, but it's theirs to make. Mostly I don't think it's ours to discuss. It's thier life and their decision and just because her father is a crazy Republican veep doesn't mean we get to discuss her personal life. If we were talking about Rosie maybe because she makes a strong political statement about her kids, but as far as I know Mary Cheney is just supporting her father and trying to live her life. As much as you may think she is making a bad decision it's still her's (and her partner's) to make.

[quote name='JClives' post='1136837' date='Dec 6 2006, 08:01 PM']
[url="http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/06/cheney.daughters.ap/index.html"]http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/06/che...s.ap/index.html[/url]

Should we abort it?

Just joking. How do you think this will fair for the same sex marriage issue?
[/quote]

I don't see what your point may be.
Does the lesbian mother make a difference?
No.

So what is your point of debate? The only active fact is a single mother like any other.
And this is a sad tragedy.