An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dick Cheny's Lesbian Daughter Has A Kid...

pcabibi

[url="http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/06/cheney.daughters.ap/index.html"]http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/06/che...s.ap/index.html[/url]

Should we abort it?

Just joking. How do you think this will fair for the same sex marriage issue?

have you noticed how many Hollywood gay couples break up after they 'have' a baby together? :blink: i just think it's weird.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1136853' date='Dec 6 2006, 08:14 PM']
have you noticed how many Hollywood gay couples break up after they 'have' a baby together? :blink: i just think it's weird.
[/quote]

that's any hollywood couple... not just the gay ones lol

How will it fair? We can imagine it won't do much good for those who are against same-sex marriages unless of course the marriage falters afterwards, etc.

I wonder what Cheney thinks. Whatever the case, famalies are not made of "love and commitment" as the article suggests, but instead, are made of a mother, father, and a child. Otherwise, love and commitment could create families, but those two graces certainly cannot create famlies. They are part of good families, but it is a bit of a fallacy to suggest that is what makes a family.

Besides, children offer no decleration of committment to a family, so if children are not committed, does the family unit cease? That statement was not logical at all. Regardless, I doubt this will have too much effect on the issue until election time roles around.

[quote name='JClives' post='1136837' date='Dec 6 2006, 07:01 PM']
[url="http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/06/cheney.daughters.ap/index.html"]http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/06/che...s.ap/index.html[/url]

Should we abort it?

[/quote]

The Vice President's daughter hasn't factored into the discussion much, so I don't think her having a baby with her 'partner' will either.

BTW

About your sig...

Keep an open mind and people throw garbage into it!

:P:

[quote name='Red Knight' post='1136951' date='Dec 6 2006, 08:03 PM']
[/quote]

Or the brains fall out!

[quote name='JClives' post='1136837' date='Dec 6 2006, 07:01 PM']

Should we abort it?

[/quote]

I'd like to know how she conceived!! That would be poetic justice!

The article I read about this said Johnsonville brat was fairly ambivolent toward the gay marriage issue, but sided with Bush when he was given the chance to run for Veep. I don't know how true that is considering where I saw the link, but I'd like to believe it. Johnsonville brat and Mary seem to get along well enough, so it'd be nice to see a father who is supportive of his daughter even if he doesn't agree with her politically.

[quote name='Red Knight' post='1136951' date='Dec 6 2006, 09:03 PM']

About your sig...

:P:
[/quote]

Keep a closed mind and you can't empty the garbage! :P:

Edited by JClives

KnightofChrist

[quote name='JClives' post='1137063' date='Dec 6 2006, 11:15 PM']
Keep a closed mind and you can't empty the garbage! :P:
[/quote]

Ha but if it cant open you cant put trash in it, thus no need the empty garbage that is not there! :P:

Why can't the media leave the children of politicians alone. The children arre not public figures and Mary Cheney was dragged into the campaign by John Kerry and then stayed to work on her father's campaign. She then went back to private life immediately after it ended. This is an example of a lobbying group exploiting the family of a politician for their own purposes. If you want to discuss the topic, do so but leave the children of politicians out of the discussion. They are not public figures.

opening the mind is like opening the mouth: it must be done at times to put good things in; but other times it must be guarded. no one walks around with an open mouth all of the time, licking everything in site. so too no one should walk around with an open mind all the time letting every tiny opinion in and out as if nothing ought to stick and be locked in.

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1137179' date='Dec 7 2006, 01:48 AM']
Why can't the media leave the children of politicians alone. The children arre not public figures and Mary Cheney was dragged into the campaign by John Kerry and then stayed to work on her father's campaign. She then went back to private life immediately after it ended. This is an example of a lobbying group exploiting the family of a politician for their own purposes. If you want to discuss the topic, do so but leave the children of politicians out of the discussion. They are not public figures.
[/quote]

I agree. The children did not choose the life of their parents. But, the media will always look into the family, as much as I wish they wouldn't... :(

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1137229' date='Dec 7 2006, 04:12 AM']
opening the mind is like opening the mouth: it must be done at times to put good things in; but other times it must be guarded. no one walks around with an open mouth all of the time, licking everything in site. so too no one should walk around with an open mind all the time letting every tiny opinion in and out as if nothing ought to stick and be locked in.
[/quote]

you are so wise :ninja: teach us, mr. miyagi

Edited by got2luvjc

How did this thread get side tracked from the Cheney's to my signiture?! anyway....

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1137141' date='Dec 7 2006, 12:41 AM']
Ha but if it cant open you cant put trash in it, thus no need the empty garbage that is not there! :P:
[/quote]

The Mind creates it's own garbage and if you don't empty it you'll end up walking around naked thinking ghosts are in your clothes! :P:

Are you guys seriously defending closed mindedness? or do you just like disagreeing with me?

i think they're just having fun :D: me too.

I'm pro-mind. I open in during the day so I can do stuff, and I close it @ night so that I don't have nightmares ;)